“Nice price”

Flamingo Cancun Resort
Ranked #74 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a second floor ocean view room...great views. The food was average. Drinks were plentiful but the hotel bars closed early. Very kid friendly hotel. Great pool. The reservation restaraunt was the better place to have dinner. For the price a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Pizatt
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Cancun Resort

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for cheapos and not deserving of three stars in any way. Old, musty and rusty rooms. Air fresheners and complimentary bottled water would be appreciated. Towels were worn and thin. Food was mediocre at best. Everything tasted the same and was often stale or poorly heated. Beach was okay, but not the cleanest. Hot tub on beautiful deck patio was cold and over flowing. Staff were nice but not overly accomodating. We will not return.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just returned from another week-long stay at our home away from home at the Flamingo Cancun Resort. Immediately upon arrival, we were whisked directly past the "concierge" at the front right up to the front desk, where we were greeted by the day manager Yuri and given our favorite room, which was ready for us. The room was a little warm and the AC was dripping in the bathroom when we went in, but we informed the staff and they sent someone to fix it almost immediately. No problems with it the rest of the week. All of the staff, from the housekeepers to the bartenders to the waiters, as well as the management staff, bent over backwards to meet our every need. My in-laws joined us on Thursday and were given a room two doors down from us as promised. This was their first time in Cancun (first time in Mexico) and they absolutely love the Flamingo. They (along with us) were quite impressed with the service, but especially with the smiles and friendliness of every single employee at the hotel We will definitely return, as we always do.

Room Tip: Beachfront is definitely the way to go.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's not a luxury hotel but it has what you need for an affordable price, at least when you go to Cancun the best part are the outsides so rooms are fine and clean, it has a beautiful beach. But if you will be most of the time at the hotel I'd recommend you to pick a different one with more in-house entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Walter R
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Don't stay here, they do not understand customer service and there are much better hotels in the same area for around the same price with much better customer service. The pools are also filthy most of the time

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I did not buy the "all inclusive" offered to me at check in time, then I became a "cheap" customer. The bellboy said, "Oh your are not all inclusive...okay I will take your luggage to your room later on" upgreated to a ocean overview in a "luxury room" it advertises free internet..mmmm nop, I had to pay the stupid 15 dollar card per day (which you have to get at the lobby in dollars, the pesos one never worked) on top of almost begging them to break my 100 dollar bill... the receptionist on 8/15/2013 told me they did not have change (????) but if I bought the something at the store (three plug adapter) then they will have change.. what the f%^&* my laptop has a three entry plug to charge, the hotel sells the adapters (they are not part of the service) because the hotel outlets are not updated. I can keep going on with details, but my best advise is to pay the extra 10-15 dollars per day in a hotel where you get at least what is advertised, I dare the manager to come and dedicate 10 minutes of her /his time to let him know a piece of my mind.

Room Tip: If you dare to come book the ocean view at the time of reservation not at check in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank calafiatours
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as a group of 6girls. All of whom wanted a nice hotel, with good service and good food. This isn't exactly what we got!

On check in at 22.00, the receptionist was our first staff encounter. He was so rude, I was speechless. I asked for a leaflet of some kind with the restaurant times and things like that. He replied with we don't have one...and no intention of answering the question himself. After a few more rude comments, I asked for his name so that I could complain. I think he caught on as after arriving in our room, we received a call offering an upgrade to ocean view free of charge! Which we viewed and declined.
Rooms are clean, but very basic. Bed is reasonably comfortable. Clean sheets and towels. Small, dangerously small balcony. One drunk lean over and I would say you'd fall right off. Housekeeping staff were polite. But they had this habit of just walking in, my friend was asleep, I was on the balcony. When I came in I found the maid in the bathroom? Another time I was getting changed (near naked) an my friend In the bathroom, when the maid let herself in and on seeing me, leans for the bathroom door and says I'm just checking the water. I said, no someone is in there and please don't just walk in.
The restaurant staff were ok, rude at times. Food was poor quality. Found lunch food was re used for dinner but disguised as something else. Same food every morning. Dessert were awful! Same everyday. No good for vegetarians or those who can't eat gluten.
Pool area was small with minimal sunloungers. Beach was beautiful, best part of this hotel.
Bar area was awful, bad service. When ordering a drink, the bar staff then blatantly talk about you in Spanish while they make your drink. Drinks here awful, not much choice past beer and a tequila sunrise cocktail.
A friend of ours from London, traveling around Mexico came by to have a drink with us. Security at the door firstly refused him in, were so rude to him it was embarrassing and cringy!!! Finally they let him in to have a drink in the bar. He paid for his beer and then we had a hawk of a guard standing over our table. It was 10pm, no one was drunk or rowdy. The staff behavior was unacceptable.

This hotel was shockingly bad, and I would recommend that you never stay here. We ended up eating out after paying all inclusive!!

They need a serious re think on there staff and staff training!!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Oddcups
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Smart Cancun by Oasis
#26 of 176 in Cancun
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#48 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Flamingo Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!