“Wifi not free, can't take girls back, full of old people, no dance floor, expensive bar :(”

Flamingo Cancun Resort
Ranked #75 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Seriously, not happy I can't even have a friend come visit my hotel without them paying some redicoulous amount of cash, the wifi was not free it was expensive,

the place doesn't understand any accent accept Mexican or American, the staff don't help.

Bar closes early with no dance floor

The place is garbage, stay at the grand oasis like my friends did!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

my sister and I spent a week wanting to relax and have a good time. The resort needs improvement for sure. The location was fantastic in the hotel zone. Jimmy buffet and Bubba Gumps right across the st. We had issues with language, internet and one day we did not get towels. When we called they said they would send some to our room - new ended up using our poop towels and on our last day when I asked for 2 face cloths it was a major production and I just said "never mind"
Food was so so and the ala carte was quite a joke. The beach was beautiful and we always had a drink in our hand but I think Cancun is definitely for the younger crowd. If I ever do return to Cancun I won't be staying at the Flamingo.

Room Tip: definitely upgrade to an ocean view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank linda t
south texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I suppose my wife and I are easy to please. No problems with the property. I had read the luke warm reviews and tried the property anyway. Naysayers seem to post reviews and those who liked the property do not. We had a big problem with the over zealous sales people trying to push their VIP program. My wife was offended that the sellers did not take no for an answer. Other than that, the property was ideal for our needs. We were looking for a bedroom from which to travel each morning to our destination of the day.

The front desk was slow, but their team members were friendly and helpful in all respects. Check out was a three minute ( timed it) process. The Lomas reps were on duty as usual and were great guys, very helpful.

We were upgraded to an ocean view at arrival. The sound of the sea caressing the beach was very relaxing, On open veranda door allowed the sea breeze to circulate throught the room Yes, it was romantic, viva Mexico. We had no noise problems and there were very few spring breakers in sight.

Everyone on staff bent over backward to be friendly. Many "Holas" and not a single indifferent employee. Paula, our housekeeper, greeted us with a towel basket filled with flowers and helped make the stay great. I was very impressed by the staff members being glad to see us and pleased we were staying with them. Cleaning was an ongoing process, and the property was spotless.

Our room was bright and well appointed with a large bathtub/shower. King size bed and enough closet space, hair dryer, and plenty of toiletries.

The food was good, a bit expensive, but not overly so for the area. The wait staff was attentive and eager to please. We ate at the buffet and the ala cart restaurants and were pleased with both.

The location was perfect. The bus stop was right in front of the hotel. Take the R2 bus toward el centro, 65 cents US each way, and a thrilling ride is part of the fun. You can catch the ferry to Isla Mujeras at plau tortugas.Margaritaville (fantastic night life) and Bubba Gump's (quiet place to get a good meal) across the street along with a small shopping mall and pharmacia. a 24 hour "EXTRA" convenience store was a five minute walk down the street.

All in all, a great weekend. We would definitely stay with this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sbcSouthTexas
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were at the Flamingo for the first week of March and YES, all of the reviews are right on the nose. Surprisingly no one mentioned the PUSHY V.I.P representatives who "greet" you at the door the moment you walk in. Beware of them and their offer. The front desk should be avoided at all costs. And YES you will have to pay for the Ocean front room, but LET ME TELL YOU, ITS SOOOO WORTH IT!!
The housekeeping and wait staff work their butts off trying to keep this place clean and functional. The food is average, but always hot and filling. Lots of spoiled Spring Breakers - so if you don't like teenagers you are staying in the wrong hotel! Hats off to Lopez, and thanks for the Irish Coffees.

Room Tip: Ocean front room or just go home......
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CanadaSunshineseeker
Bridgeport, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent 4 days there in March of 2013. I found it clean and simple. The bathroom had some missing towel racks and the second toilet paper holder was broken. It is NOT A FANCY PLACE! but the beds were comfy and we had an amazing view! Because there wasn't a safe in the room we never allowed housekeeping in so everyday we trade dirty towels and got extra water bottles and anything else we needed. The were always accommodating to us. We tried eating a la cart once and gave up! they only had hot dogs and hamburgers but were out of the hamburgers and the stuff near the food didn't speak english and were very disorganized. You can cross the street and get great food from Bubba Gump or Margaritaville. If the price was right again I would stay there... but only if I had ocean view... the bay view is street view... PS. do not get a massage! you will freeze outside!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mfreitas02
mt holly nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

no hot water , no wash cloths, food sucked. could not get shots cause a couple spring breakers got hurt getting too drunk so everyone was punished ( I am a mature adult) staff except for Jorge was not friendly never smile. No where to get a cup of coffee before 7am. No Pool table as picture shows. I would not call this a resort just a below avg hotel. hot tub broken. I would never stay there again spend a couple hundred more for a week and stay at a good place like the Oasis Sens.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Northeast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo for a few days a couple of weeks ago. When we arrived home I found that one of my necklaces and a bracelet were missing. I had other jewelry with me but of course the most expensive was missing. They DO NOT have safe's in the rooms.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple