“All Inclusive Luxury”

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago, IL
“All Inclusive Luxury”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Le Blanc is the top of the line resort in the Palace Resorts line-up of all inclusive properties. The service is top notch, the property has a nice, small feeling, the food is great, rooms are wonderful, and health club sports new equipment. For those who have stayed at Moon Palace, I would say the size of Le Blanc is equal to one part of one wing of the Sun or Nizuc complexes (9 floors and maybe 30 rooms per floor). Room are very nicely appointed and include bathrooms with showers that accommodates 2 people (6 shower heads). If you don't like one of the four pillows on your bed, they have a pillow menu (yes, you did read that correctly) with a 10 pillow options. There's also a menu for scented oils so when you go to dinner, you tell your floor's butler (yes, I said butler) what oil scent you would like (relaxation, energy, romance, lavender, etc.) and when you return from dinner you're greeted with your requested scent. There are 2 beautiful pools -- one oceanside that is an infinity pool boasting an unbelievable ocean vista and a swim-up bar, and one nice pool on the lagoon side, plus a lap pool plus a nice sized hot tub (can easily accommodate 20) with an ocean view too. 4 great restaurants on site. There are no waits for the restaurants and the food quality is 4 star (I would put the food at a specialized Moon Palace restaurant --i.e. the Asian restaurant at the golf club -- at a 3 star and the food quality at a top tier private restaurant at 5 stars). The health club boasts new equipment.

My only gripe with the hotel is the amount of time for orientation and making spa reservations, side trip (i.e. Tullum or snorkeling) reservations, etc. Plan on 90 minutes for orientation and 60 minutes to make your spa appointments. Very frustrating when you're anxious to get out to the pool and enjoy the weather. You'd think they would have a better system in place to accelerate reservations.

Consider the above a small blemish on an overall tremendous hotel, acccommodations, staff, etc.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank chicagotravels
Andreas_mx, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for your time reviewing Le Blanc Spa Resort, I am very sorry about the delays in Spa reservations, we have taken measures to assure to speed up the reservations process.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if we can do anything to make your next stay more comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,648)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wauwatosa
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a vacation where we could simply relax and not feel like we had to 'do something, see something, go somewhere' every day. Le Blanc was great for this. It was expensive so our expectations were pretty high. I would give a rating of 4.5 if it were possible, but as it is not, so I have to round down.

The location was great, the beach was wonderful (although we got whistled at by the lifeguard for swimming in the wrong place in the ocean, sorry!), and the weather was 85 and sunny every day. I was surprised at how windy it was though. The room was plenty big, we had a honeymoon suite, and the mini-bar was awesome! The entire complex including our room was immaculate.

We did most of our lounging in the afternoon so it was great that they have the lagoon pool on the sunny side of the hotel (the main pool loses most of the sun around 2:00pm). You don't get the great ocean views, but it did get you out of the wind and the service there was great. I wasn't very sure of how tipping worked the first day (take small bills!) but still got great service. We made up for this faux pas the following day by giving the same server a really nice tip, and the service got even better.

We tried all three of the themed restaurants and ate regularly at the 'international' restaurant. I really don't know what the fuss is about. If people are expecting a five star restaurant at an all inclusive, good luck. I won't go into exhaustive detail with each of our meals, suffice to say that it was above Applebees, but below Ruth's Chris. That being said we were very pleased with the food we got at each of them. Our most disappointing meal was the 'dinner on the beach' which we purchased with our resort credits. It was a nice experience but definitely not worth $250 per person, unless it was using the resort credits (we stayed 5 days and had $1500 credits to use).

We did use the spa for a theraputic message, we could use up to $500 of our credits there. If you plan to do the same, please reserve this in advance as we were unable to get an appointment for this until day 4 of our stay. That was my fault for not planning ahead since they did call me, not theirs. This spa was amazing and the treatment was awesome. The only down side was apparently the other guys using the services thought they were in the YMCA locker room. Seriously, put a robe on.

We went on one excursion, the boat trip to Isla de Mujeres. This was not put on by the hotel, but another company in Cancun, but we could use the hotel credits. We were a little confused as to what to do when we were dropped off, but all was well when we embarked. The crew on the boat were awesome and made the hour long trip to and from a lot of fun. They spent a lot of time pushing the dolphin and snorkeling trips to earn some extra money (you have to pay for those). There are free activities on the island however so you don't have to pay to fill the time. We did a short bike tour to a turtle reserve. The bikes were what you would expect for a free tour (awful), but our guide was really nice. The free food on the island really gave us an appreciation for the food we had at the hotel.

There were only a few negatives (and why this gets a four and not a five) I could think of. We had to wait for our room when we got there. We had a morning full of travel and were both still wearing some of our Chicago weather garb. Understandably I think we both really wanted to get changed. We arrived at 2:00 pm, a little early I understand, but had to wait about an hour and a half to get our room. Some of this may have been on purpose to allow us time with one of their concierge agents, but it did not seem some nefarious plot to push their 'free brunch/time share presentation' on us. I was surprised to get any kind of condo pitch at a 5 diamond resort, but we politely declined even though we were offered another $200 resort credits. My other criticism would be the regular wine list. Again, all inclusive = low wine expectations. We were able to get some nice wine off the 'pay' list which we could thankfully use our resort credits for.

Sorry to be so verbose. In short positives: cleanliness, spa, location, beach, spa, service, food, relaxation, did I mention spa? Negatives: pushing time share, regular wine list, other guests in the spa area.

8 Thank ndogtosa
Greetings from Cancun, thank you for your time reviewing your stay with us, please accept my apologies for the delay during check in.

I am very content that otherwise you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best wishes.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. We stayed in the presidential suite and the room was amazing. The service was great. We sat on the beach and never had to move to ask for any drinks or food as they were very prompt. The drinks were good, with the exception of them not having any domestic beers such as budlight or even corona. The beach was beautiful and the resort was very nice. We ordered room service late at night and they were always very friendly. If you are going to Mexico, this is definitely the right place to stay. Each night our concierge ran a bath for us and brought in our aromatherapy pillows. That was a very nice treat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris R
Amherstburg, Ontario
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Check in was fast but we were then shuffled over to someone to get a hotel orientation while our room was being readied. Of course this was not the case and before long we were subjected to a time share lecture. I said in no uncertain terms that we were not interested. I also stated that I was beyond exhausted, hungry and in need of a nap and a shower but this fell on deaf ears. Eventually we just walked away and went to have a drink outside while waiting for our room (which I am sure had been ready far before our arrival). How can one possibly be interested in buying a membership and/or time share in a hotel chain we have never stayed in?? I wish everyone would just insist on waiting at the pool for their room and refuse to meet with anyone upon check in. Check out was a breeze. Service is wonderful as others have noted. Staff are unfailingly pleasant and helpful. It is true that the butler is often not at his station but we were certainly happy to have someone taking care of various things like spa appointments and travel arrangements when he was there.

The resort is well sited and the beach and pools are gorgeous. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs any time we wanted. The main infinity pool is the warmest of the 3 pools. Service can be a bit slow if you're on the beach and very slow if you're at the lagoon side pool. This is not the fault of the serving staff there as they are run off their feet. Best to just relax and know someone will get around to you eventually. We tipped everyone and they deserved it.

We had a honeymoon suite and it was attractive but not what I would normally consider a suite. There is really no separate sitting area - just a small area in front of the window with 2 small chairs, a small table and a jacuzzi. I find jacuzzis tacky but I realize many people like them. Water pressure is weak in the shower and the body jets are useless. The bed is very cozy and the pillow menu is great. Maid service was very good. The hallways have marble floors so if a pin drops it sounds like an asteroid. We usually blocked out the noise by opening the balcony doors and listening to the ocean. As others have noted you do not have a regular balcony - just a Juliette balcony. We missed having a real balcony.

Everything is spotlessly clean and we never saw one insect. They also keep the hotel, which is stunningly beautiful against a blue sky, in excellent repair.

There is free WiFi but it was close to useless in our room. I would say that 80% of the time there was no connection.

The spa is really nice and we were happy with our treatments there. The gym is first rate.

The restaurant dress code is simply not enforced. T-shirts, cut off shorts and ragged jeans were the norm. We adhered to the dress code and felt rather strange in a sea of hoodies and flip flops. Either have a dress code and enforce it or don't have a dress code.

The restaurants were very attractive and staff very attentive. The food was beautifully presented and spectacularly awful. We were so disappointed. The first day there we had breakfast delivered to our room. The 'sausage' was a hot dog cut into a decorative shape. Hash browns were pre-frozen squares you get at fast food restaurants. The breakfast buffet was just OK. I usually only have fruit and yogurt anyway so it was fine for me. There are a lot of pastries but they all taste the same. The lunch buffet is horrid and we never went back for that. Surprisingly the food from the snack bar was the best food we experienced. Cajun strips were yummy and the french fries fresh and crisp. The burgers were good. The Asian restaurant was just horrible. My soup was lukewarm and I had a coconut shrimp salad drenched in flavorless dressing. Each course was rushed and progressively worse. I had the Vietnamese chicken and I got a plate of severely dried out, overcooked chicken and a dipping sauce that had no flavor whatsoever. My husband will eat just about anything and he was just pushing his food around the plate. God help anyone who tries sushi. That evening I was feeling very ill and we had to go to our room right after dinner. We did not go to the French restaurant because everyone we met warned us not to go. The International restaurant had decent crab cakes. The appetizers otherwise were not good. My husband had a cheese and sausage appetizer and it was basically a pile of melted goo in a bowl that you were somehow supposed to transfer to the tortillas they provided - an impossible task. I had the mole chicken and the chicken was very dry and the mole sauce very uninteresting. The Italian restaurant did a nice beef tenderloin and the bread was good. The asparagus soup was tasteless. The deconstructed Caesar salad was OK. The salmon was terrible and sat atop a mess of canned whole tomatoes and some onions. The pasta was the worst I've ever had - a gloppy, overcooked, sticky mess with a tasteless sauce...simply inedible. One of the desserts comes with chocolate covered olives - beware. The desserts looked pretty but they all tasted the same. Better off to order some ice cream and have some Kahlua poured on top. What was truly amazing is the salsa - it was bland and consisted of tomato and onion. No cilantro, no mild heat from a Jalapeno, etc. We've had wonderful salsa in Mexico and I can whip up a batch at home in no time. The chips that went with it were often greasy and like everything else here, tasteless.

We did not get a deal on this trip so paid top dollar. If the food had been good we would have felt we got our money's worth. With such awful food we felt a bit ripped off. Pretty sad when we can get better Mexican food around the corner at home. The last two days of our trip my husband became ill and couldn't eat a thing.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

9 Thank nanbik
kansas city
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We have been premier members for 5 years and have stayed at many Palace resorts but this ws our first at Le Blanc. We expect a lot from Palace and have rarely been disappointed. The hotel is small much like the Playa Car Palace. The service is, as always, exceptional with the exception of the Palace Program promotion staff. The floor butler is nice but not really necessary. We expected an ocean view but were given a lagoon view. Almost all the rooms have French balconies so you cannot sit out. Not a major issue if you open the doors wide and it near the door. The pools, beach and lounge chairs are perfect. The staff constanly comes around, even on the beach, to offer drinks, snacks, towels, umbrellas as well as chilled ice buckes. Everyone greets you with a smile and anyone will help even if it is not their job. This is a adults only facility and calming new age music fills the public areas and pool. Honeymooners are everywhere and from all over the world. The rooms are large and the beds and pillows wonderful. The rooms are well stocked with snacks and drinks.

The facility is starting to show some age. Electrical outlets did not always work. They immediately rigged a work around rather than fixing it. Peeling paint is showing around the facility which I never saw in their other facilities. The lagoon view is not all that bad, but there is a night club, Basic, down the street that blasts music into night until 3 am...even with the doors closed you can hear it. NEVER accept a 1st floor room....they are so bad it ruins your trip. The foor is better than their other facilities depending on where and when you eat. Breakfast and lunch offer lots of choices in the buffet but are just OK. The best, in my opinion, is the French (the tasting menu is very good), the oriental, and the international at night becomes ala carte and has great selections.

The entertainment varies and the best is subtle but well done, often on the beach. The samba dances and fire show were good. Often they have a solo wind instrument playing on the beach at night which is very cool.

The $1500 spa credit is not at all what it appears to be and you need to be clear what it offers. Only $500 can be used towards spa servicesn which greatly overpriced. (although very good). The rest has to be used on a limited number of tours (such as Xcaret or Tulum) which most Cancun travelers have taken, or upgrading your room or wine list. They don't make that clear until you actually arrive. The romatic steak and lobster dinner on the beach is really very good with the surf and wind and solo muicianss providng a great atmosphere. But it is not worth $450 in points unless you have nothing else to spend it on.

Now the Premier promotion. They will given you $200 in spa credit to listen to a 90 minute presentation that you have to go to the Cancun Palace hotel by taxi to hear. We are members and have used 3 paid weeks and 2 incentive weeks....we still have 80 certificate weeks we have not used. The certificate gives you a small discount of around $500 off the hotel's regular price. Being a member offers very little for the price. It will cost you $16000 for a 3 free week, 2 discounted week and 40 certificate package. That is about $4-5,000 more than if you booked from Expedia or bought from a member selling their weeks. For that, you get a pedicure, manicure, and a 20 min back massage and a choice of a couple tours you have already taken. The concierge level upgrade is not worth it as it only gets you minor services. The option to upgrate to a 2 bedroom Presidential suit is good only if you are traveling with 4 people. The suites are usually magnicient but they will charge you 2 weeks of a regular room for 1 week in the suite. You cannot rent a Presidential suite unless you are a Presidential member or bought a Premier membership with that option. But, you can find them being resold by members on line.

Bottom line.....this is a great place and you will have a wonderful stay but just keep some of the above points in mind

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank urczar
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We selected Le Blanc based on the high reviews and the best hotel rating. Unfortunately, the food and beverage service does not meet up the standard of quality the hotel claims. My apologies for not listening to a previous rating where someone also commented on the food mediocrioty.
We are currently here at the hotel and my spouse just spent the day in bed with stomach cramps and diarrhea. I believe it was from the special appetizer he ate the night before. It looked like the leftover seafood that was at the buffet all day. I have ordered twice ceasor salad and both times lettuce is warm and limp, again, I think this is the lettuce leftover from buffet. Do be careful what you eat!
The pizza, I ordered margarita, which indicates basil, not a stich to be found! the next time i go ask for extra basil, was a little better, however, we noticed a pizza with pesto on it Marina, and ordered that, it came and looked and tasted just like a Margarita without any pesto.
I was at the pool bar and noticed the bartender putting away a bottle of Belvedere in the fridge, I told him thats what I wanted and pointed to the fridge. He still closed the door and asked what i would like. I asked for a Mango Tango with the vodka instead of rum, he said no mango, even though I saw plenty of these drinks going out on other trays. OK, give me something frozen with the vodka. he starts making a drink and pours a cheap no name brand of vodka, i tell him no I would like the belevedere, he gets mad, pours out the vodka, puts in soapy water and continues making drink. I also asked for glass of cranberry juice (just in case drink is strong, again, he huffs and goes to a tray jack, grabs a dirty glass and rinses in water NO SOAP! I walk away with my 3 drinks look at the foam in the 2 and realize this is all soap foam from when he put the blender in soapy water. YUCK! I asked for Manager, the activities girl came over, I said manager, supervisor, a waiter was brought over to me, i explained again, I want a manager/supervisor, the concerige was sent over.
I ordered food at pool one day, pointed to everything I wanted, 4 items, 3 items came almost 1 hour later,all very cold and inorrect.
The hotel rooms are extremely nice, but very small, fortunately I was upgraded to a bigger room, however, no balcony. This is bad if you do get sick, cant even hang on your balcony.
The service is outstanding, Alan, Marco, Fredrico, at breakfast,Marycarmen with the bottled beer at beach, and too many others to list. Hector at the bar, not afraid to give you the best and remembers what you drink.The activities staff amazing, thanks Alfonso, Omar for making sure we are having a good time. The butler service Juan and Rodger you are the best! very friendly.
However, based on the food selection, noisy French restaurant with bad lighting, disappointing Asian restaurant with california rolls that taste like cigarette smoke- absolutely gross, I dont think that I would recommend for others to come here.

4 Thank mechg
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 25, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Cancun for the first time ( Feb 19th - 23rd). We chose Le Blanc based on the positive reviews, and all I can say is that I was not disappointed.

The Room - I stayed in an oceam view room. Yes, the bed is as comfortable as everyone says it is. We also had room service for breakfast every morning.

The service - Everyone was friendly and willing to help you in any way that they could. By the second day most had already remembered my name.

The Food - My wife is Korean and she loved the Asian resturant. She liked it so much that we ate there 3 out of the 4 nights. We dined on sashimi, sushi, and the mixed grill teppanyaki. We also ate at the International resturant and had shrimp cocktails, and the house speciality mixed seafood grill. All the food we had was very good and above average. Service was excellent.

The Wine - There is a large section of wines to choose from. If you are a wine enthusiast, you might be disappointed in the quality. I mostly drink riesling's and there weren't any by the glass to choose from. There was one bootle you would buy with your resort credit.

The Beach - This is the main reason for my trip to Cancun. To spead as much time possible at the beach. Every day I arrived at the beach after 11:00 am and had no problem finding a couple of chairs. If none were available, all I had to do was ask, and they brought them right out. The service at the beach was very good, there were always a couple of people walking around making sure you had everthing you wanted. (Food or Drinks).

Nightly Entertainment - If you are looking for a wild night club, W Hotelish scene, then this isn't the place for you. They do have various different shows nightly at the blancstage. While we were there, there was karaoke night, and an acoustic concert. I didn't have my hopes up for the acoustic concert, thinking it was going to be a real snoozefest. Boy was I wrong. The band, Alejandra Milan,were extremely good. The songs they played ranged from Barabra Streisand to Pink Floyd. The lead singer went around the room asking everyone what their favorite song was and then played that song. Outstanding!

The Resort Credit - We stays 4 night and were able to spend the monies on tours, swimming with the dolphins, golf, spa, upgraded wine selections, romantic dinner, room upgrades, kodak photo session, or limo transprtation. Note, only $250 could be spent at the spa or my wife would have used it ALL. For those who might purchase the romantic dinner, we did not, it is outside on the beach. While we were there, it was very windy. So if wind is an issue for you, you might want to pass.

We had a great time at Le Blanc and are already planning our next trip there!

3 Thank lasvegasfreeway