“Pampered, relaxing experience”

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Howell, New Jersey
“Pampered, relaxing experience”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We usually go to the Sun Palace and love it , but we tried Le Blanc and are in love! I believe that the level of staff service is pretty much the same at the two locations, but at Le Blanc, the staff is given more opportunity and "tools" to make you happy. For example, at Le Blanc, you get ice buckets at your chairs by the pool to keep your water/drinks cold. You can even order a bottle of champagne which they will put in yet another ice bucket. There are no silly towel cards - there are towels already sitting on the chairs when you go down to the pool and you can get 10 more if you want them. At least once a day we were treated to something special like a cold compress or a special tidbit of food (e.g., fruit kabobs, fish/chicken/meat on a stick, freshly made tacos). The outside wait staff will run up to the second floor eatery to get you a menu, take your order, and then will deliver your food to your chair by the pool.
OK - as I recall, I take it back and do state that service at Le Blanc is better. I saw a waiter at the breakfast restaurant be asked about availability of chairs at the pool by a couple who was finishing breakfast. The waiter left the restaurant, went out to the pool area and found the couple two available chairs. Now that is what I call service!
There is a butler on each floor who will even unpack and pack you, will draw your jacuzzi, iron clothes and a whole list of other things. You have a "comfort" menu that provides different pillows and aromatherapy scents for the room. Your mini bar is stocked with sodas, candy, potato chips, beer, juice, and of course top shelf liquor.
The bars at Le Blanc have pricier brands of alcohol than at the Sun. For example, we could get Belvidere vodka at Le Blanc.
The restaurants - amazing!! We usually always go off premise to a nice restaurant in town, but we didn't want to once we got to Le Blanc. We ate in the Oriental restaurant twice - had Thai food one day and Vietnamese the other. We ate at the Mexican restaurant twice - best tortilla soup ever and the best chicken with red mole sauce I have ever had. The French restaurant was a special experience - with wines recommended for your different courses. We opted for eating a la carte instead of going with the tasting menu because we found the a la carte items to be more pleasing to our food preferences. The Italian restaurant was also gorgeous and yummy. Service at all three restaurants was outstanding.
The resort is gorgeous - you are greeted with a cool washcloth even before you get in the door. When you walk in the whole place smells like a spa. There is no typical check-in desk, but rather 3 low desks with seats in front of them where you check in. The lobby is gorgeous and spacious, with seating areas that overlook the side pool flanked by floor to ceiling white drapes. At the end of the lobby is the bar area which then opens into the pool area. There is a large covered patio with beautiful cushioned chairs right outside the building, then you see the infinity pool. The pool area is gorgeous - the infinity pool overlooks an ocean view. The pool area has different levels, with the lower levels overlooking the beach through low glass walls. The lowest level has a small heated jacuzzi pool and a man-made waterfall that you could also sit in front of.
The activities at the resort are very low key - no loud speaker announcements of the guessing game of the day or other pool activities. Rather, they come around with a large tray filled with magazines and let you know that there will be a Spanish lesson, drink-making lesson, horseshoes, water aerobics, etc. during the day. The early evenings found piano, cello, or violin musicians in the lounge and a fire show, salsa dancers, and karaoke at night. Unfortunately, spending all day at the pool, having pre dinner drinks and a nice dinner with drinks found us to be quite tired at the end of the day and we didn't make it to any of the shows.
The gym is well equipped - there are two rooms. One with treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, and all the weight machines, and another with free weights, pilates machines, and mats. They offer yoga sessions every day but I never made it - I was already out at the pool before they were scheduled.
We are not gung-ho spa people, but my husband did enjoy a very nice holistic back massage and I enjoyed the excellent manicure and pedicure. The pedicure chairs have an awesome massage mechanism in them!
The beach was closed due to a significant beach project underway all up and down the hotel zone. We did get some enjoyment out of watching how the beach was partially rebuilt while we were there - sand gets pumped from a large ship through huge pipes, then large earth moving equipment flattens it all out.
We happened to be staying at Le Blanc as they were setting up for the Nextel fashion show on 11/21. That meant that the side pool was closed and the gym closed the last couple of days. In addition, a guest services staff member searched us out at the pool to let us know that there would be 4-5 children staying at the resort during our stay. They were children of the celebrities associated with the show. She also sent up a bottle of champagne and a fruit/cheese plate to the room in appreciation for our acceptance of the situation.
Another nice touch - you get transported to and from the airport in a Le Blanc Lincoln Navigator. There is no need to get herded into a crowd of people, then herded onto a van with others heading for other resorts.
The rooms - smaller than at the Sun but just as nicer or nicer. We really lucked out and upon insisting on an ocean view when we transferred over from the Sun, we got one of the Governor's Suites. A huge corner room with both the French balcony that all the other rooms have and another large side balcony that ran the length of the room. There were two TVs - one in the entertainment/mini bar armoire, and one in a piece of furniture near the foot of the bed where the flat panel tv rises out of it.
There are rooms that do not face the ocean but instead face the lagoon, so be sure to make sure which one you are getting when you check in.
Free calling to US/Canada and unlimited internet access in their business center is included.
Don't know what more to say - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

8 Thank Judy G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,650)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The moment we arrived, wet cloths for the hands and face, a warm welcome. Inside, we were ushered to a welcome desk where cold drinks and a flower for my wife appeared.
The room - impeccable and luxurious. A complimentary bottle of Pinot Noir. Turndown and jacuzzi service, it's yours. Butler service - any time we appeared in the hallway, he was up from his desk to ensure the elevator doors were open by the time we got there. Poolside and spa service - every staff member displayed the same sincere pleasure. The French restaurant is a must. If you can afford Le Blanc, just go!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank ajaxVancouver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Le Blanc in Cancun. We had visited this hotel last year at this time and this year, the trip was even better. The food was good before, but it has very much improved. We went to the french restaurant and although the menu didn't appeal to me, the staff offered to bring me anything from any other restaurant. We went to the spa and we had great massages - I have been to many world-class spas, and this one was one of the best.

One thing, and this was mentioned by another poster, the government was re-doing the beach and we could not go on the beach at all or go in the ocean. I compare this to a hotel in the US with a group working on the highway out front - there's nothing they could really do about it. The unpleasant part was that the workers ran the big machines until they were finished and that was literally all night one night. It was noisy and they had 3 bulldozers going right under our window - along with the "beep beep beep" every time they backed up. The flood lights didn't bother us because the drapes kept out the light. It is probably completed by now, but if you are heading to Cancun, be prepared. On the upside, the beach is very big now and that was one thing that Cancun was lacking in the past.

The service, as always, was world class. There was not enough that they could do for us and every time you thank the staff, they said, "It's a pleasure." Very nice. We will be returning next year.

4 Thank FuninPhx71
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Seen them all....but this member of the Palace Resorts chain has the BEST steam room ever...of ANY hotel chain.

All other features are quite typical of Palace properties. Butler service is a yawner.
Also, if you feel impressed by being placed in one of the Honeymoon Suites, don't feel too honored. The majority of their rooms are "Honeymoon Suites". They're not shabby, but I don't feel they deserve the distinction as being any different than any other Palace Resorts room.

As a travel agent and tour escort, though, I can safely say this is the coolest steam room I've ever encountered!

Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank darleytravel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We arrived at LeBlanc (for a 2nd time) at 11:30pm Wednesday night after sitting on the runway in Philadelphia for an extra hour to be welcomed home with a smile and our favorite coconut milk. We were escorted to our room (901) and we ordered room service and started unpacking. The room was a little different set up than the last time we were there but we didn’t mind. Instead of the Jacuzzi being by the sliding glass doors, it was between the bedroom and the bathroom. This was fine with us as our sliding doors were wider than most other rooms so we moved the little table and chairs and had a huge view of the ocean all day long.

Room service was quick, friendly and very good – especially at midnight! I was thrilled with the mix of people at the resort on this trip. Last time we went there were maybe 20 people there but this time it was about 70% full. There were couples young and old, gay couples, a group of women on a retreat, and a convention of some sort. Just a great mix of people! Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and seemed to be enjoying their stay.

Breakfasts: International restaurant – always great food and service. I loved the omelets.

Lunch: We had burgers by the pool one day and they were great, lunch at the pizza place on the 3rd floor (very tasty), room service – quick and good – they even made my husband a pizza. When I ordered room service for lunch I asked the man on the phone “is it possible to get a pizza as well” and his answer was “everything is possible at LeBlanc” – I loved that answer! Lunch at the international was fantastic. We didn’t go until our last day and we regretted that decision. I love that you can pick different meats, seafood and veggies and have them sautéed for you right there along with the other choices on the buffet. The calamari was so good sautéed. The desserts were great too.

Dinner: International – great food, service a bit slow the 1st night and we did appetizers our last night that were fast and tasty – we loved the calamari (yet again – deep fried this time though).

Asian – food was good. My husband tried something new to him and wasn’t impressed but it was more his choice than the item. Service was great.

Italian – fabulous food and service. We LOVED our meal here so much that we went back our last night for dinner after having appetizers at the International restaurant. We were so impressed with the level of service when we went the first night and we had the waiter the 2nd night and he remembered our names and my husband’s special request for pasta that he wanted again the 2nd night. The risottos were outstanding and that was our reason for visiting the 2nd night to have more risotto! We had received bad news about our puppy prior to going to dinner so we weren’t in the mood to drink and I didn’t finish all my dinner. Our waiter was concerned that I didn’t like my entrée and offered me something different but I was full and had too much on my mind to finish my fantastic bowl of pasta – I could finish it now though!

We did not visit the French restaurant for dinner but we did go in to check it and the menu out. It’s a beautiful, small space that is very romantic. The menu sounded good but we do not eat items such as duck, quail, escargot, etc so it would have been wasted on us.

Housekeeping: Wonderful and efficient. Our room was always taken care of, we had turn down service most nights but we were in the room a couple times when they came.

The petit fours they bring around at night were wonderful. On the final night I was in the room when they brought the chocolates and they took the time to verify that we were leaving the next morning and if we wanted someone to come get our bags at 6am.

Pools: Very clean, great temperature

Beach/Ocean: Well the government was rebuilding the beach while we were there so we only got down to the ocean on our 1st day – the beach was clean and the water a great temperature. We were not bothered by the work on the beach. It was so fascinating to watch the process and to see what the beach was going to look like when they finished.

Gym: I worked out every day. The personal trainers were wonderful and always friendly if I needed something. There is a fridge with bottles of water and a fridge with cold towels for after your workout. I signed up for a Pilates Reformer class one day. I had never done this type of class before and the trainer was great at teaching me beginner moves. It was an amazing class and I felt that work out every time I tried to move for the rest of the trip and for a day at home. I want one of those machines at home!

Salon: I made an appointment for a scalp treatment. I went early and used the hydrotherapy areas so by the time I got to my treatment I was extremely relaxed. The scalp treatment was wonderful and my hair felt a million times better after.

Spa: I had a 4 elements hot stone massage that was amazing. At one point the therapist asked me to sit up to put something under my back and between my relaxation and my sore abs from the pilates class I could barely move! My husband had a therapeutic massage that he loved. We met up after our massages in the “relaxation area” where we drank our herbal tea and just chilled out for a little while longer in the darkened room and the comfy chairs. We love going to the spa here – it’s worth every penny.

Entertainment: The fire show was amazing! The people performing put on a great show and we could feel the heat from the fire and we were a bit away from them so I can only imagine how they feel with that fire! We stopped by the Salsa night and there was a good crowd upstairs. Other than that, we just relaxed with a drink or went to bed early.

Business Center/phone service/gift shop:
We used the business center every day to check email and it was free which was nice. We didn't want to drag our laptops on vacation but could still stay in touch with the outside world. There was also a printer to print our boarding passes.
We had free calls to the US which we used to keep in touch with our family.
The gift shop is great - I got all my souvenirs there and the prices are some of the lowest you'll find for nice sweatshirts ($25) and t-shirts, keychains, etc.

We visited Wet N Wild one morning - it is free to Palace resort guests and we didn't realize it was all-inclusive inside. The soft serve ice cream was soooo good! I don't know if I would pay for the 5 rides they have if we weren't staying at a Palace resort but we always have fun just going and playing around for a few hours since it's free.

All in all, our 2nd trip was just as amazing as the 1st and we look forward to visiting again! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for some relaxation and pampering. The staff is amazing, the food outstanding and the resort feels like a less cluttered, more relaxing version of home!

3 Thank LuvRingo
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My friend and I picked this resort because it was #1 on tripadvisor and kid-free. Even though we knew there might be a lot of honey-mooners. For the most part it was mostly couples but the last half of our week also brought a convention and a women's group for a yoga retreat. And, we felt comfortable there the whole time.
The grounds and facilities are amazing and the food very very good. The only thing I could complain about is that the jacuzzi was really a "warm" pool with a max temp of 97. And..... they didn't tell us that the govnmt of mexico was redoing the beach until the morning they started (which meant we couldn't go on it to take pictures or go for a walk). The area is very safe. I've never been to a resort before that they actually said "The area is very safe for women to walk around at night".
Spa=Wonderful! pools and poolside service amazing. We didn't feel pressured to tip at all. Can't wait to go back someday!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank emilyjoy
Sugar Land, TX
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I looked at the reviews and decided to stay at the Le Blanc Spa and Resort and I am glad I did. Everything the food, the service, the room sevice couldn't have been better. This is a first class All Inclusive/ All Adult Hotel. I am sure that we will go back. There were a lot of tours included with the price of our room. I wish we could have stayed longer but there is never enough time!!

5 Thank MikeH56