“The Best Holiday Ever!”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
UK
“The Best Holiday Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

We booked our wedding and honeymoon at Le Blanc after reading Trip Advisor. It was an excellent choice!
I have travelled as a backpacker in Europe, stayed in 4 star hotels in South east Asia, stayed in bad and good hotels in major UK cities; but I was truly amazed at the dedication and attitude of the staff at Le Blanc in delivering a top-notch service. I felt totally immersed in relaxation for 2 weeks. I have never totally felt relaxed on any holiday (not even when I visited my folks!) previously.
The hotel is minimalistic in design, clean and fresh. It is well maintained. The dining experience is of a high standard. There are only few times when I thought the service was a tad slow but that is due the large size of our party.
Our room faces the ocean and every room has jacuzzi.
Our butler were Eduardo and Javier and they are truly helpful despite some hiccups in English-Spanish translation.
I did not use the spa as i felt the services there are very overpriced. i had plenty of spa services in the UK and SE Asia and I cannot justify the prices at Le Blanc. However, I took full advantage of the gym and also the classes (pilates, yoga) offered. The pools were very nice and clean and they are not always full, thanks to the fact that the hotel occupancy is only 260. The beach is also very nice and clean. Water is great. The location of the hotel was excellent as it is only about 500m from the party zone! Not far from Coco Bongo which is an excellent club.
The wedding packages were rather expensive but we just contracted essential services to bring costs down. I was overall satisfied apart from few minor things. I paid for make up and hairstyling on wedding day but I still had to pay extra if I wanted hair trial ($42 per style) and make up trial. I think hair trial should be included as when a bride paid for make up and hair for wedding day. I didnt think I got the hairstyle that I wanted despite showing photos but fair play the hairstylist did work very hard.
There was a little blip when it comes to music playlist during the wedding and reception (they dropped some songs I listed and added songs I didnt want) but i consider this to be minor irritation. i also got different bouquet flower on wedding day due to the windy weather on my weddding day.
The wedding coordinator Diana was very helpful and certainly tries her best to coordinate everything and remaining calm. Photography was excellent and professional, I wished he would have taken more group shots though.
There are shows every night, e.g. magic shows, circus show, fire dance, jazz band, pop band...sounds cheesy but they are actually quite entertaining.
If you dont like alll that there is always the jacuzzi in the room! I had a mini jacuzzi party with my pals in my room trying to dry up the room's mini bar! It was fun.
What can I say..top hotel in top location with top event and top service and top cuisine and mini bar.
i would recommend this hotel for any discerning traveller.
P/s The service like cleaning the room can be somewhat inconsistent ie late..but this is rare..ensure that reception/butler always aware.

• Liked — service and facilities
  • Disliked — expensive extras and some minor inconsistency in service
8 Thank markwiles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,602)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

We spent five nights with a group for business in January. My wife and I have stayed at various resorts and hotels, including the Ritz-Carlton properties, and Le Blanc lives up to the hype. As mentioned here, the service is impeccable, beach and pools are wonderful and the food is outstanding. Rooms were well appointed, showers were unreal and the spa.....by far the best spa we have ever experienced. We had the couple's therapeutic 80 minute massage which was well worth the $$$ - a bit pricey, but worth it.

If you go to Cancun, stay here. No exceptions.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
5 Thank JustinPBarnard
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

We stayed with a group of friends and collegues at Le Blanc Spa & Resort. It was just a four day vacation, but the most wonderful, relaxing time we have ever had! Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely and the staff could not have been any more attentive. I think they were all truly genuine people who enjoy their jobs, who wouldn't in that type of atmosphere? Everything about the hotel was really perfect, the rooms, people, restaurants & bars, shops, pools and utter luxury. I truly look forward to another visit to paradise.

5 Thank CHM7
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

My friend and I just got back from a "girls week" at Le Blanc yesterday. This resort is amazing! From the moment we stepped foot on their beautiful property, the service and attention to detail was amazing. They gave us cool towels, delicious coconut drinks, and flowers when we arrived. Check-in was flawless. We were immediately introduced to our butler, Eduardo, who was extremely friendly and helpful. He offered to unpack our luggage but we were happy to do that ourselves. Our room was clean and beautifully furnished with a nice ocean view. The beds were extremely comfortable...this is the first time that I have returned from Mexico and felt sad to sleep in my own bed again!

The pools are both clean and scenic- especially the main pool by the beach. It's an "infinity" pool with an amazing view of the Carribean. The service at the pool is spotless- food and drinks are brought to you continuously. You literally do not need to leave your chair. In the afternoon, the beach side of the resort is in the shade so most people switch to the lagoon pool. This pool is also nice, although not as beautiful as the main pool. Both pools have swim-up bars.

We used the spa services and found them to be heavenly. A little-known secret is that every guest is entitled to a free massage. I paid for the Vichy Rain Journey and then had a free back and shoulder massage--the best massage that I have ever had. Guests who pay for spa services are also allowed to unlimited use of their spa facilities (hot tub, sauna, etc.) on the day of the service. My friend and I took advantage of this, since the weather was not great the day that we went to the spa.

All guests of this resort have the opportunity to go on free tours. We went on the Tulum trip for free. Tulum is beautiful- a must-see. We did not enjoy the second half of the tour at Xpu-ha Palace. There wasn't much to do at that resort and the weather wasn't nice, so we were happy to return to Le Blanc!

I thought the food was above average for an all-inclusive resort, but could have been better. I have had better food at much less expensive all-inclusives. We thought the international (Mexican and steak house) restaurant was the best. I was surprised to find that the sushi in the oriental restaurant was pretty good.

The majority of guests at the hotel were couples, aged 40-65. It's definitely nice to stay at an "adults-only" resort....much more relaxed atmosphere. My friend and I are both in our early 30s so didn't really find a great social scene at Le Blanc, but we didn't mind. The relaxation and pampering were worth it!

All in all, a wonderful resort, worth every penny!

• Liked — Beautiful facilities, flawless service
  • Disliked — Food could be better
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
12 Thank drjleaton
Roanoke, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Le Blanc last week. Check in went smooth. Appreciated the private transportation. Greated with a flower and coconut drink. Someone from the resort had called earlier the week before to ask for our choice of pillows, floor, and if we had any food allergies. Room was ready, our choice of pillows in place. Walked to our room by our bulter who showed us around the room, put out the scented oil, opened the wine, and asked us if we needed anything else.The butler showed up by the pool on Sunday as he had forgotten to ask what time I wanted the jacuzzi filled. What service!

The hotel, according to one of the bartenders, was at 35% occupancy. It showed. Saw very few people. Met some nice couples and enjoyed visiting with them off and on in the bar or by the pool. Had the pool almost to ourselves some days.

My husband and I differed on our favorite restaurants. He, along with a lot of others I know after reading the reviews, really enjoyed the Oriental. I liked the Italian better but the food was good in all. We did the 7 course wine pairing dinner. It was held inside due to the weather. Every course, and the wine that went with it, was great. The breakfast buffet was very good. We tried new items every day instead of the same things we can have at home. We ate by the pool three days and the buffet the other days. It was fun going back to your room after dinner to see what surprise there was. Sometimes candy, sometimes cookies
waiting for you on the entryway table. We are not very demanding people and it seemed like they were disappointed we did not ask for more. Not used to being spoiled like this.

We did get hit up to go to the presentation and declined. We had to be firm as it did get a little pushy but that is their job.

We are members and I had $ to spend at the spa from buying more weeks last year. I do not like the spa, weird I know. I spent my money on products to bring home. The sales person wrapped each item in bubblewrap for safety. Everything got home safe.

It was a great trip, hard to come home to such cold weather.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
9 Thank nurseteresa
Isle Of Man - UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

Spent two wonderful weeks at Le Blanc in December.
The hotel forced complete relaxation upon me and my partner.
The weather was great bar a few cloudy days, the pools and service were great (albeit somewhat empty - which was even better). The restaurants were fab - favourite definately the Asian.
We spent some days wondering into the shopping district ($10 by cab from hotel or you could walk), went to the cinema a few times, ate out several times at the Thai restaurant in La Isla (best Thai food you'll find anywhere in the World). Drank lots, ordered wine by the glass or bottle - it really doesn't matter. Met some great people but kept ourselves to ourselves. Cocktails are wonderful, staff are the best I've ever come across, the whole butler service is there if you need it. Just about everything is catered for. If your looking for nightlife keep away, if your looking for a refined luxury holiday experience go here. The spa is the BEST I've ever been to, went almost daily even if for a sauna.
The breakfasts and lunches were fantastic. Everything about this place truly wonderful.

Stayed December 2008
8 Thank mannanin
Chesapeake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Le Blanc for some downtime to re connect in fun and yet relaxed location...I have to say that Le Blanc had it all....it is close enough to the crazy nightlife if you want that and also relaxing enough at the resort itself if you want that....the service was spectacular...we got so use to the staff saying everything was "my pleasure" when we asked for something that my wife and I still use that expression now between ourselves as fun reminder of our time there....we had a great room on the top corner next to the one that President Bush stayed in when he stayed there...(you can check that photo of Bush out on their website)...the food was terrific no matter where we ate and they were glad to fix you anything, even if it wasn't on the menu....at night it is very quiet and relaxing so we went into town a few nights and it is safe to walk if you want to instead of taking the taxi or Cancun bus service....we got massages when there and they were good but a bit pricey...we also met some terrific folks from Dallas and New York when there and still stay in touch with them to this day and have subsequently visited them in their hometowns....great folks stay there...top notch!

This was a trip of a life time for us...we would go back in a heartbeat if we could afford another trip....the other great thing is you can visit all the other Palace resorts(Sun, Beach, Cancun) while staying at Le Blanc....in fact, my wife and I felt like this was the best vacation we have ever taken!

p.s If Alex is still there as a Bar Tender, I would suggest you look him up as he is fun to hang out with and also has alot of contacts around town.....

• Liked — Service, Food Quality and Pool
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple