6,503 results
All reviews international restaurant french restaurant coconut milk lagoon pool butler service visited le floor butlers bath salts honeymoon suite french balcony pillow menu third floor romantic dinner on the beach breakfast and lunch my pleasure steam room diamond concierge
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I just spent Christmas through New Years at Le Blanc Spa -- it was one of the best vacations I have ever had! The hotel is gorgeous, the staff does not know what to do for you, the restaurants are very good (if you want something that's not on the menu they'll make if for you).
I love to workout -- they have an excellent gym - classes in spinning, yoga, pilates, and water aerobics.
The icing on the cake was the New Year's Eve party they made for 400 people. The very international crowd had a blast. The band was amazing!
If you get a massage, ask for Victor!!
I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank mglobalz
Reviewed January 5, 2009

If you ask any staff person at Le Blanc a request they follow it with "It is my pleasure". Everyone working there was amazing. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon. I booked the reservation through cheaptickets.com. It was expensive, but worth every penny we paid. The second that we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with cold towels with an amazing orange blossom flower scent. They also greeted us with flowers and a delicious coconut drink. We were then told that all our excursions were included. We got to go to Isla Mujeres, Jet boating, snorkeling, Tulum with out paying a penny extra. I am not sure if that is the hotel standard or if that is what came with our package, so double check.

Then we were escorted to our room by our butler. Each floor has their own butler. He is there to take care of any of your special requests. He even will fill up your personal tub with water, bubbles and have champagne ready for you whenever you want! Also, the butler will ask you what scent you would like for your room. You can change it daily depending on your mood, relaxing, tranquil, romantic etc.. We tried several of them. I forgot to mention that the whole hotel has an amazing spa smell and they play really relaxing music throughout lobby and pool. No obnoxious loud music by the pool.

Our room was beautiful. We booked the honeymoon suite which has an ocean front view. You literally will wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the sand. The full sized tub is placed near the balcony where you can look out onto the ocean. The only complaint I would have about the room is that it doesn't have a lot of closet space. But other than that, it is top notch. Two shower heads in the marble shower, flat screen t.v., modern and contemporary furnishings....

Because this is an all-inclusive...all the food was included. But what was even more surprising was it also included room service. You can call and order room service throughout the day. You basically can order anything you want. champagne, wine and cheese, breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a breakfast card that you can fill at night and put outside your door. So that you can order your breakfast and have it delivered automatically at the time you want it in morning. Croissant, eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, fruits, cereal...or any other special requests.

The pool was probably the best I have ever been too. It is not huge, but it is so beautiful. It is set against the ocean and looks like its falling into the ocean. You can order whatever you want at the pool too. They have a menu which is great. I recommend the seafood/mahi mahi burger and fries. My husband was craving pistachio ice cream and ordered it from the waitress. They didn't have pistachio, so instead the waitress brought three different flavors over just in case and a slice of cake to appease us! I couldn't believe it! The waiters are constantly checking up on you while you sunbathe, bringing you drinks, food, extra towels, chairs.

My husband and I both enjoyed the spa. It was so good, that each of us went back for another massage. The facility is truly relaxing. The second you walk in you get waited on hands and feet. An employee will help lead you to your locker, robe and shoes. Once you are ready they will then lead you to the steam room, foot jacuzzi, sauna. They will even get your towel ready and wait for you when you are done. They offer mineral water, teas, fruits and nuts while you wait for your treatment in a very relaxing room.

There is a gym there as well where they offer all types of classes. The trainer there, Ricardo was so amazing. He set up a personal training session for my husband and I at our convenience. I felt so spoiled. He was so knowledgeable and friendly. It was great.

Because it was our honeymoon, they offered a honeymoon dinner for us. It was really nice. We got to dine by the pool with all the other honeymooners. But I really enjoyed the seven course wine pairing meal they offer every night on the patio. The food was incredible. For dessert we had a banana flambe which was prepared right in front of us.

There are three different restaurants for dinner. Each were equally great. At the asian restaurant I recommend the duck with noodles. Sushi was great there too. The Italian restaurant was amazing. They made us a special coffee drink with vanilla ice cream and warmed it right in front of us. There was a lunch buffet and pool side menu. But you can literally order whatever you want and whenever you want. The only problem with our honeymoon is that we ate a little too much!

They offer nightly entertainment which is great. We really enjoyed the Circus show and the fire show. They also had a live band there some nights.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is great for honeymooners. I was seriously sad to leave this place. It was a vacation in heaven.

11  Thank RuTut
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We knew when we arrived at Le Blanc and were greeted with a refreshing towel and pina colada at the door, that we were in for something special.
When we arrived in our room, the only thing more breathtaking than the view was the exceptional service offered by our butler (there is one for each floor). Your butler can pack and unpack your bags, fill your bath (great two person jacuzzi in the room), etc. etc. etc.
Our room was just as we had hoped; simply elegant, as was the rest of the hotel. It was perfect, really. Nothing garish, nothing over the top.
The service must be seen to be believed. We never wanted for anything during our stay. Servers at the pool and on the beach make sure that you don't have to move a finger, all without seeming to hover. The fact that this hotel is adults-only truly sets it apart. It is incredibly relaxing.
Would you like your butler to leave a bottle of sparkling wine chilling by the filled tub so that all is ready for you when you get back from dinner? No problem. And no added cost.
The food was wonderful, and SO artfully presented. I would recommend dragging yourself out of bed instead of calling room service for breakfast, because the breakfast buffet at the International restaurant is out of this world. We are normally not fans of buffets, but this is different, trust me.
I will never go anywhere when staying in Cancun, and this hotel will make me choose Cancun over other destinations.

• Stayed: December 2008
3  Thank KansasCityTravelBug
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We stayed at Le Blanc and got married at the hotel and then had a further week for our honeymoon. Please ignore any of the negative reviews as this is It was quite frankly the best experience we have ever had, the hotel and rooms are beautiful, the butlers are super helpful but so are all of the staff to be honest, Sergio and Lucinda in particular could not do enough for us. Mario our butler was excellent. There's so much about this place that makes it the perfect stay, it's aduts only which is great, your right on the beach, the pools are heated and the place is just so clean. Your drinks are brought to you as your sunbathing and they just really have thought of everything here. We went over to Moon Palance (which is part of the same hotel group) one night for drinks with friends and it's not a patch on Le Blanc, it's just like a posh butlins. If you want peace and tranquility go to le blanc and if you thinking of getting married it's definately the place to be.

We arrived on Monday 8th and were getting married on Saturday 13th, we were quite nervous having organised our wedding over email but everything went according to plan and Diana, our wedding co-ordinator, was excellent. The hotel is just fabulous, much more than I expected from a 5*. The food is fabulous, the buffet breakfast and lunch is the best, even if you dont like any of the food on the buffett you just ask the chef for something and he will make it right in front of you. Lunch consists of buffet and also fresh t-bone steak, chicken, seafood and lots more all of which you select yourself and then have it grilled in front of you. Salad and fresh fruit is always available and eveything is refreshed regularly even if no one has touched it. I'm normally cautious of seafood when I'm abroad but I had it every day here and was fine.

In the evenings there's 3 restaurants to choose from (but the snack bars are still open to), the italian is by far the best. In any of the restaurants the wines on offer are great, not your usual cheap and nasty wines you get on hotel menus, very nice drinkable wines even for non wine drinkers. If you dont fancy going down to dinner dont worry, the room service menu is just like a restaurant menu.

Your in room bar is all international branded products and included in your all inclusive price, its restocked daily. You room is cleaned daily and you beds turned down at night for you getting back to you room. It is all branded international products at all bars to, real baileys which was a treat when so far from home.

Weather wise for the 2 weeks we had a couple of dull days the first week and the same the 2nd week but it's still very warm, & theres plenty to explore, Le Blanc is only 10 minutes walk away from La Isla shopping centre which has lots of good shops (zara, guess, lacoste etc) and also the main bars. If you go to the bars try and make it to Coco Bongo, the show is just a must see, but be there early to get a seat or you'll have to stand to watch the show and your feet get really sore standing for a few hours.

We had friend & family over with us to for the wedding and a couple of them were not staying at Le Blanc so we got them a day pass for the day of the wedding and also the day of the hen and stag do and the staff were great to them. We had our wedding meal in a little gazebo that's outside next to the main pool bar and it was beautiful (you do have to pay extra for it but worth every penny), it was so private and the table all set out just for a wedding party and we had our own waiters througout the meal, it was lovely.

Few things to be aware of , nothing bad as I have nothing bad to say about this place, were going back in 2009 for our anniversary, just some pointers really
> For gents make sure you taken full length long trousers and shirts for going to dinner as this is the prefered dress code.
> Swimming, just be carefull, it looks pretty shallow in the sea but becomes very deep suddenly and can be quite dangerous so just take care. A couple that we met when there had to be rescued by the life guard so just take care.
> Getting married there: when you meet with the wedding co-ordinator they will try and sell you eveything so unless you want it to start costing the same as a big white uk wedding just be strong and say no. We did and it was still wonderful. If you want flowers theres a flower shop in town which is much cheaper, just ask the butler and he'll get your taxi to take you there. A couple of things we weren't aware of until we got there were the cost to translate the documents you have taken over (the ones you got apostiled, if any) and, just incase your witnesses are not staying at the same hotel as you (2 of our weren't and were 30 mins away in a taxi), the first day you meet your wedding co-ordinator (usually the day after you arrive) you need to have your passport and travel visas (you get this on the plane and then stamped went you go through customs) for yourselves and all of your witnesses so make sure you get these from everyone before you meet the co-ordinator. She just takes copies then gives them back but we didn't know about this and had to get a taxi all the way accross town and back to get them for the 2 witnesses who were not staying at le blanc.

Overall the ideal place to get married, very private, intimate and straight forward (all you have to do is listen to the justice of peace for a bit, sign your name, take your fingerprints for the marriager certificate then say I do) it's great just what we hoped it would be. A perfect wedding, honeymoon and holiday all rolled into 1. If you think it's a bit pricey it is worth every penny.

We never normally go back to the same place but cannot wait to go back here.

12  Thank MrBrook
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Le Blanc Spa hotel is incredible! My husband and I went for our honeymoon and just got back. From the moment we walked in the doors at Le Blanc, we loved it. The staff is incredibly friendly and willing to go above and beyond to satisfy their guests. The food is very good and the service at each of the restaurants is excellent as well. Our butler was just the nicest guy and we considered him a friend by the time we left.

As far as the physical aspects of the resort, everything is perfect as well. The pool area is gorgeous as are the rooms and modern decor throughout the hotel. The spa is incredible and I highly recommend getting a massage. We went to a "membership" presentation for an hour and a half one morning and got a $200 spa credit (worth it in our opinions).

We also took advantage of some of the included activities. We loved Isla Mujeres and the speed boat was fun too! We paid $130 per person to go to Xel Ha but do not recommend this for anyone else unless you want to surrounded by kids all day long and eat some not-so-great food. There is just not enough to do there for adults. I heard the Tulum tour is similar and would not recommend that either, even though we did not go on that one. It's just a long, long day and the tour takes up much more time than necessary. We regretted going to Xel-Ha even though it's gorgeous.

Overall this may have been the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. I highly recommend it for adults looking to have a nice, relaxing vacation at an all-inclusive with no kids around! You will not be disappointed!

7  Thank erh6680