6,490 results
All reviewsinternational restaurantfrench restaurantcoconut milklagoon poolbutler servicevisited lefloor butlersbath saltshoneymoon suitefrench balconypillow menuthird floorromantic dinner on the beachbreakfast and lunchmy pleasuresteam roomdiamond concierge
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I was a little surprised to read the last several reviews which were somwhat negative. I guess everyone has their own experience and ours was just lovely. I really can't say enough good things about this place. I've never experienced such great service at a hotel, the food was wonderful and beautifully presented, the spa was the nicest I've ever seen, and the ambience was quiet and serene. We loved the butlers - a great group of young guys. They had entertainment in the evenings and we really enjoyed the fire and magic shows (unfortuantely we missed the circus). The only negative comment I can make is that that we didn't have a DVD player in our room (they are starting to add them) and the movie selections weren't very good.

Our travel agent recommended this place because it was the only place she had sent people in Cancun where no one came back with complaints. In fact while we there my wife met some professionals in the travel business who had been looking for the perfect spa resort and they all agreed that they had finally found the best - The LeBlanc! We agree.

4  Thank 1DogLvr
Reviewed December 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Le Blanc in December 2008. The resort overall is extraordinary and was an amazing stay for us. The service there is like no other place and there was so much personal attention. This is partly because we stayed there during the off season and the resort was not full. Each floor has a butler and their services go way above and beyond what you would expect. Our evening butler surprised us on multiple occasions with rose petals, nice music, and desserts in our room. The food was simply awesome and the service at the restaurants was also great. My only complaint is that the tours were slighly difficult to book for some reason. There was just a little confusion with our tour reservations, but everything that we reserved on-site went very smoothly. I would suggest booking your tours when you get down there and not in advance. Also, the spa at the resort was simply amazing too. Everything was top notch and I will stay at this resort again in the future without a doubt. I hope this helps.

7  Thank pkainer
Reviewed December 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at LeBlanc for our honeymoon and it was everything we could have asked for. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted with perfumed cold towels and coconut milk in fancy glasses--really nice touch! Everyone was really nice at check in & our room was ready right away. We were overwhelmed with everything the butler was willing to do for us--help us unpack, book our tours, change or pillows (lavender, rose, etc)--I mean, anything you asked for, he was willing to do it. We didn't have the same butler during our 10-day stay, but all of them were equally as kind and accomodating. ANYTIME we said thank you to ANY of the staff, from the desk, to the butlers and the waitstaff, they always kindly replied with a smile and "my pleasure." If they ever saw my husband and I carrying a plate (at the breakfast/lunch restaurant), they quickly ran up and took them from our hands and insisted to help us. It was like they wanted us to do as little as possible. At the pool, they would come around and give us cold towels, offer us drinks and food. I mean, it was like they were reading our minds sometimes because they always came at the right time! Our room was kept very clean and they had awesome hair/soap products for the shower. The shower itself was amazing and huge. The room was beautiful. We had the honeymoon suite overlooking the ocean--right in the center. Magnificant view. The only thing was the whole balcony situation. It's not really a balcony, its more like a small walk-out area...you can't sit there or anything and you can't keep the balcony open otherwise the humidity will make your room unbelievable humid and the floors completely wet! Other than that though, the room was just amazing.....more than enough room to put away all my clothes. I would have maybeeeee made the bathroom a bit bigger, but with an amazing shower like that, I'm not one to complain. They always left us little chocolates or desserts on the table. The fridge was always refilled and so was the snack tray. Room service was always nice, but sometimes the food did come a little cooled off rather than piping hot--that's one thing we noticed when we got room service, which was a few nights because sometimes we would just be exhausted. Oh by the way, you don't have to just order food off the room service menu...we actually asked for all of the restaurant's menus and they gave the all to us and they made us anything we wanted. We tried all of the restaurants except for the Italian one, which I regret now, but at the time we would just be so tired some nights that we didn't feel like dressing up. Im sure it would have been nice. Dinner on the terrace was very nice and intimate. We had dinner at the Oriental restaurant a few times--loved the atmosphere and the food. The international restaurant (breakfast/lunch/dinner) was also pretty good. We came here for dinner twice and their dinner food was actually pretty good--better than their breakfast and lunch. I must say though--Im not a big breakfast person anyway..but they do have a huge selection and they present their food beautifully all of the time...from carved watermelons to desserts with unique designs. The food was good---not the best but MUCH MUCH MUCH better than any all-inclusive I've ever been to. In terms of food...its not like eating at the Ritz, but if thats not your main focus, then you should be just fine. We liked their food...and we never went out eat anywhere else though we totallly could have. The waiters/waitresses were just excellent, all of the time. They totally went out of their way all of the time to really serve you. They just wanted to pamper us and make sure we were having the best time ever and not lifting one finger. They always addressed us by name which was very nice. We always tipped them when we sat down to eat. It wasn't some huge tip--and I know tips are already included--but for the treatment they were giving us, we wanted to tip them, to say thank you. We also would tip bartenders/butler/maids/etc. Sometimes just a couple bucks goes a long way. They truly are genuine people and love to serve you. The spa was beautiful and nothing short of relaxing, but we didn't end up doing any of the massages just because the "couples massage" where you are actually in the same room was a bit pricey. We went on 3 excursions, 2 that were already included. The Jungle Tour which was a lot of fun and only half a day so you don't end up losing the whole day. It was so much fun riding our own boats in the water to our snorkeling sight...and snorkeling was pretty neat too. We also went to Tulum which was interesting, but be prepared for a longggggg exhausting day! Our tour guide for Tulum was the best though--his name was Simone and if you get him, you will definitely get a lot out of going to Tulum. We also went swimming with the Dolphins at Wet n Wild. The hotel covered one ticket ...and we had to pay for the other one which was probably about 120 USD. It was sooooooo much fun but be warned, they will NOT let you bring in your camera with you into the aquarium. Instead, they want you to buy the pictures they give you (30 USD for 1 picture) or 55USD for a 3 minute video of your entire group that you might be in for about 10 seconds--huge rip-off, but the experience was a lot of fun. All in all, our experience was just great. The pools were beautiful (LOVE LOVE LOVE the infinity pool) but we didn't really go down to the ocean too much. The place was well-kept, clean, friendly, smelled amazing and anytime we would come back from anywhere, we were greeted with cold perfumed towels--so refreshing. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody--especially if for your honeymoon. I have no regrets about staying here. We can't wait to come back one day for our anniversary!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank newlywed711
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I don't know where to begin. From the time you walk in to the hotel the experience is amazing. The place is not only beautiful but the smell is incredible. Most hotels I've ever been to smell moldy and old, not Le Blanc!! (I bought the fragrance before we left at the shop). We canceled one of our tours so we stay in the hotel longer and enjoy the beautiful pool and beach. I highly recommend it if you are looking for some R & R.

5  Thank moremabel
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Am at the resort now. The service is mediocre at best. The food is better at Denny's, the beef tastes like it has sat around for months. They claim that each room comes with a balcony, they do not there is only a patio door that opens to a railing.
They will also try to scam you into becoming a member DON'T DO IT!!! I had become a member two years ago and services that were promised at that time are no longer available, unless you want to pay through the nose for it.
The place is also so over perfumed that my wife has had a constant headache since arrival.
Should have known this would be a terrible place based on the fact that our room was not ready for hours after check-in.
I can not imagine how this place is considered the #2 all inclusive in Cancun, it is very highly over rated. Go find yourself a Howard Johnson's with a Sizzler Steakhouse on site you will be happier.
To sum it up: DON'T STAY HERE!!! AND DON'T BECOME A PALACE MEMBER!!!!

16  Thank siliconmonkey