6,491 results
All reviewsinternational restaurantfrench restaurantcoconut milklagoon poolbutler servicevisited lefloor butlersbath saltshoneymoon suitefrench balconypillow menuthird floorromantic dinner on the beachbreakfast and lunchmy pleasuresteam roomdiamond concierge
Reviewed December 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed at LeBlanc for our honeymoon and it was everything we could have asked for. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted with perfumed cold towels and coconut milk in fancy glasses--really nice touch! Everyone was really nice at check in & our room was ready right away. We were overwhelmed with everything the butler was willing to do for us--help us unpack, book our tours, change or pillows (lavender, rose, etc)--I mean, anything you asked for, he was willing to do it. We didn't have the same butler during our 10-day stay, but all of them were equally as kind and accomodating. ANYTIME we said thank you to ANY of the staff, from the desk, to the butlers and the waitstaff, they always kindly replied with a smile and "my pleasure." If they ever saw my husband and I carrying a plate (at the breakfast/lunch restaurant), they quickly ran up and took them from our hands and insisted to help us. It was like they wanted us to do as little as possible. At the pool, they would come around and give us cold towels, offer us drinks and food. I mean, it was like they were reading our minds sometimes because they always came at the right time! Our room was kept very clean and they had awesome hair/soap products for the shower. The shower itself was amazing and huge. The room was beautiful. We had the honeymoon suite overlooking the ocean--right in the center. Magnificant view. The only thing was the whole balcony situation. It's not really a balcony, its more like a small walk-out area...you can't sit there or anything and you can't keep the balcony open otherwise the humidity will make your room unbelievable humid and the floors completely wet! Other than that though, the room was just amazing.....more than enough room to put away all my clothes. I would have maybeeeee made the bathroom a bit bigger, but with an amazing shower like that, I'm not one to complain. They always left us little chocolates or desserts on the table. The fridge was always refilled and so was the snack tray. Room service was always nice, but sometimes the food did come a little cooled off rather than piping hot--that's one thing we noticed when we got room service, which was a few nights because sometimes we would just be exhausted. Oh by the way, you don't have to just order food off the room service menu...we actually asked for all of the restaurant's menus and they gave the all to us and they made us anything we wanted. We tried all of the restaurants except for the Italian one, which I regret now, but at the time we would just be so tired some nights that we didn't feel like dressing up. Im sure it would have been nice. Dinner on the terrace was very nice and intimate. We had dinner at the Oriental restaurant a few times--loved the atmosphere and the food. The international restaurant (breakfast/lunch/dinner) was also pretty good. We came here for dinner twice and their dinner food was actually pretty good--better than their breakfast and lunch. I must say though--Im not a big breakfast person anyway..but they do have a huge selection and they present their food beautifully all of the time...from carved watermelons to desserts with unique designs. The food was good---not the best but MUCH MUCH MUCH better than any all-inclusive I've ever been to. In terms of food...its not like eating at the Ritz, but if thats not your main focus, then you should be just fine. We liked their food...and we never went out eat anywhere else though we totallly could have. The waiters/waitresses were just excellent, all of the time. They totally went out of their way all of the time to really serve you. They just wanted to pamper us and make sure we were having the best time ever and not lifting one finger. They always addressed us by name which was very nice. We always tipped them when we sat down to eat. It wasn't some huge tip--and I know tips are already included--but for the treatment they were giving us, we wanted to tip them, to say thank you. We also would tip bartenders/butler/maids/etc. Sometimes just a couple bucks goes a long way. They truly are genuine people and love to serve you. The spa was beautiful and nothing short of relaxing, but we didn't end up doing any of the massages just because the "couples massage" where you are actually in the same room was a bit pricey. We went on 3 excursions, 2 that were already included. The Jungle Tour which was a lot of fun and only half a day so you don't end up losing the whole day. It was so much fun riding our own boats in the water to our snorkeling sight...and snorkeling was pretty neat too. We also went to Tulum which was interesting, but be prepared for a longggggg exhausting day! Our tour guide for Tulum was the best though--his name was Simone and if you get him, you will definitely get a lot out of going to Tulum. We also went swimming with the Dolphins at Wet n Wild. The hotel covered one ticket ...and we had to pay for the other one which was probably about 120 USD. It was sooooooo much fun but be warned, they will NOT let you bring in your camera with you into the aquarium. Instead, they want you to buy the pictures they give you (30 USD for 1 picture) or 55USD for a 3 minute video of your entire group that you might be in for about 10 seconds--huge rip-off, but the experience was a lot of fun. All in all, our experience was just great. The pools were beautiful (LOVE LOVE LOVE the infinity pool) but we didn't really go down to the ocean too much. The place was well-kept, clean, friendly, smelled amazing and anytime we would come back from anywhere, we were greeted with cold perfumed towels--so refreshing. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody--especially if for your honeymoon. I have no regrets about staying here. We can't wait to come back one day for our anniversary!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank newlywed711
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I don't know where to begin. From the time you walk in to the hotel the experience is amazing. The place is not only beautiful but the smell is incredible. Most hotels I've ever been to smell moldy and old, not Le Blanc!! (I bought the fragrance before we left at the shop). We canceled one of our tours so we stay in the hotel longer and enjoy the beautiful pool and beach. I highly recommend it if you are looking for some R & R.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank moremabel
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Am at the resort now. The service is mediocre at best. The food is better at Denny's, the beef tastes like it has sat around for months. They claim that each room comes with a balcony, they do not there is only a patio door that opens to a railing.
They will also try to scam you into becoming a member DON'T DO IT!!! I had become a member two years ago and services that were promised at that time are no longer available, unless you want to pay through the nose for it.
The place is also so over perfumed that my wife has had a constant headache since arrival.
Should have known this would be a terrible place based on the fact that our room was not ready for hours after check-in.
I can not imagine how this place is considered the #2 all inclusive in Cancun, it is very highly over rated. Go find yourself a Howard Johnson's with a Sizzler Steakhouse on site you will be happier.
To sum it up: DON'T STAY HERE!!! AND DON'T BECOME A PALACE MEMBER!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
16  Thank siliconmonkey
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We stayed at LeBlanc from Nov 24-29, and were married there on Nov 27. When things went smoothly, it was, by far, the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. But it was so roller-coaster inconsistent, that when it was bad it was laughable (almost.)

We used Elite Tours - the recommended airport transport company on Le Blanc's website. Bad idea. We could see when we checked in with them that we were the only two signed up for Le Blanc, and yet we waited 45 minutes to depart for the hotel for no apparent reason other than they were hoping for walk-ups. There were none, and so finally we left. I speak passable conversational spanish, and when we walked up we were told "5 minutes," after 20 minutes we were told "5 minutes" and so on. It was aggravating. We planned an early arrival JUST so that we could have at least a half-day at the resort.

Lobby, Check-in and Room: Excellent and excellent. Upon arrival, the fresh cool face towels and coconut milk in champagne glasses - wow. Nice touch. Check-in at sit-down desks - excellent. When we got to our room (505) , WOW!!!!!! We had a royal honeymoon suite and by far the nicest room ever in a hotel. Bi-level separated by 3-4 stairs, with a double-jacuzzi and sitting room on the lower level, and good-sized bedroom (with flat-screen TV) and bathroom on the upper level.

Construction: UGH! There was hammer on tile pounding every freaking day around us. We love to take afternoon rests from about 4-6pm, and always pounding. Always, and in rooms adjoining ours. When we were trying to sleep, we called the front desk and asked them to stop, and they did, after 10 minutes or so. They continued to refer to it as "maintenance," but call it what it is, construction. And with the hotel not full, they could have easily put their guests away from the room upgrade construction, but it was all around us, all the time.

Butler Service - Extremely disappointing. We were introduced to the butler, and after reading reviews, I was quite expecting him to offer to unpack us - nope. No offer. I asked about booking the romantic lobster cruise (an excursion with a fee, but it was for our wedding dinner), and he said of course. But it was only because we asked. There were to be three free excursions for us, but again, we knew about it, it was not presented. No one contacted us about a Palace membership. I knew that we were supposed to get a couples massage, petit fours every evening, but we had to ask, they had to look on their computer, and THEN "oh yes, it is my pleasure." I had to ask for the pillow menu, (and glad I did - awesome!) it was not offered. Over our entire stay, I was hoping for butler service, but that part was fair - poor.

Spa - Excellent. Couples massage included, usually a $238 charge. Very, very good. Greeted with personal service, then incredible flower-water drinks. Beautiful atmosphere. They did everything they could to get us to upgrade, and we did choose to go into the same room for $23 US, but a 50-minute massage was adequate, we didn't need an 80-minute massage.

Beauty salon - Excellent! I got my nails and hair done for wedding, and the ladies were expert, no less, both of them, and the price was not exhorbitant. I felt like a princess.

Room service: Once excellent, once horrible. I had an afternoon lunch of smoked salmon mousse and crackers, served in an avocado, divine. Our wedding breakfast was poor. I ordered eggs benedict, and the sauce was a paste texture from being warmed too long, and not tasty at all. I asked for coffee, and the room service guy had to go get it - long wait. He brought coffee and cream finally, but we had finished breakfast by that time. So anyway, he leaves, and then we enjoy our honeymoon morning in a way one might expect. All of a sudden, we hear a key in the door, and the guy enters our room without a blink or a knock. I yelled no, No, NO!!!! but he kept coming into the room. Said he forgot to bring the cream for the coffee. This was a good 15 minutes after he left from bringing the coffee and cream. Needless to say, I was beyond appalled, and my husband jumped up, buck naked, and told the guy to get lost.

Restaurants: INCREDIBLE!!! Like no kidding, finest of fine dining, and the presentation was always perfect. We loved the Italian and the Oriental restaurant, the main restaurant for breakfast and lunch was nothing less than superior with selection and quality. Food and bev manager obviously a pro.

Pool service: Again, not great for a 5-star hotel. Always had to get our own towels, and walk to the outdoor bars for our beverages, but saw other people being "set up" all the time, and get very good service. We could not figure out why this was, and guessed that Palace members got preferential treatment.

Excursions: We only got a chance to go on one excursion, we went on the half-day jungle tour, very fun to drive the little two-passenger boats, and excellent snorkeling. Saw a ray and the largest parrot fish I've ever seen, as big as a good-size large-mouth bass. but with the brilliant colors of parrotfish.

Wedding: The wedding coordinator was very thorough, the flowers were exceptional, the petit fours were beautiful (second marriage for both, we skipped the cake), and the setting was simply beautiful. Photographer was ok, we were glad we bought the CD of pictures, because the package that we selected was Package "A", but the photographer picks his favorite 24 pictures; we had no say, which was ridiculous, because it appeared to be VERY random selections and not very good pictures for the memory book. However, I have a good eye, and with the CD, could crop the pictures as I liked when I got home. But you can't buy the CD of pics without buying an outrageously priced photographic package. We bought the least expensive package at $240 US, 'nuff said about that.

Last but not least, lifeguards: These guys are great. Be VERY careful, I'm an excellent swimmer, and even within the roped area, one day I got caught in a rip tide that held me hostage. By the time I ended up waving my arms, I was beyond exhausted (stupid of me to wait and keep trying, I should have known better). I had to be brought in by the lifeguard, and they were so kind. They also are just nice, and we spoke every day.

Wow what a novel. Would we go back? Probably not, at least until our kids are grown. The lack of kids was nice for a wedding and honeymoon, but we usually go to family-friendly resorts. We ARE going to write to the resort with the inconsistencies we experienced, perhaps they will try to lure us back. :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Spring_Serenity
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We are owners of Palace resort vacations. We have stayed at the MoonPalace and the Cozumel Palace previously. We were really looking forward to a very relaxing and pampered experience at Le Blanc and that is exactly what we received.

The spa/resort is very minimalistic and lovely. There are no children allowed and thus the relaxing part (don't get me wrong, I love children but was looking for a bit more adult time this vacation). From the moment that you arrive and are greeted with chilled, wet and mildly fragranced towels to the time that you depart (arranged by your butler) it is a wonderful experience.

All resorts can have small things that aren't exactly as you hoped: the meal @ BlancOrient was poor and they ran out of Grey Goose vodka (after a very large group was entertained...not my problem, bring in more!) but overall the superior service (you will hear "It's a pleasure" many, many times) and quality of the resort overall washes that away.

We arranged a dual vow renewal service through their weddings department and it was absolutely wonderful. We took the "speed boat" tour and also the "Ultimate Dolphin" experience and both were a lot of fun.The beach is nice and the service around the pool and on the beach is great.

If you are interested in the typical loud music and very busy activity schedule, this is probably not the place for you. We enjoy those types of places too (MoonPalace), but this was definately a pampering trip and top quality. Even mention where you are staying (or have someone spy the understated bracelet) and people treat you differently!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple