6,503 results
All reviews international restaurant french restaurant coconut milk lagoon pool butler service visited le floor butlers bath salts honeymoon suite french balcony pillow menu third floor romantic dinner on the beach breakfast and lunch my pleasure steam room diamond concierge
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I don't know where to begin. From the time you walk in to the hotel the experience is amazing. The place is not only beautiful but the smell is incredible. Most hotels I've ever been to smell moldy and old, not Le Blanc!! (I bought the fragrance before we left at the shop). We canceled one of our tours so we stay in the hotel longer and enjoy the beautiful pool and beach. I highly recommend it if you are looking for some R & R.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank moremabel
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Am at the resort now. The service is mediocre at best. The food is better at Denny's, the beef tastes like it has sat around for months. They claim that each room comes with a balcony, they do not there is only a patio door that opens to a railing.
They will also try to scam you into becoming a member DON'T DO IT!!! I had become a member two years ago and services that were promised at that time are no longer available, unless you want to pay through the nose for it.
The place is also so over perfumed that my wife has had a constant headache since arrival.
Should have known this would be a terrible place based on the fact that our room was not ready for hours after check-in.
I can not imagine how this place is considered the #2 all inclusive in Cancun, it is very highly over rated. Go find yourself a Howard Johnson's with a Sizzler Steakhouse on site you will be happier.
To sum it up: DON'T STAY HERE!!! AND DON'T BECOME A PALACE MEMBER!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
16  Thank siliconmonkey
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We stayed at LeBlanc from Nov 24-29, and were married there on Nov 27. When things went smoothly, it was, by far, the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. But it was so roller-coaster inconsistent, that when it was bad it was laughable (almost.)

We used Elite Tours - the recommended airport transport company on Le Blanc's website. Bad idea. We could see when we checked in with them that we were the only two signed up for Le Blanc, and yet we waited 45 minutes to depart for the hotel for no apparent reason other than they were hoping for walk-ups. There were none, and so finally we left. I speak passable conversational spanish, and when we walked up we were told "5 minutes," after 20 minutes we were told "5 minutes" and so on. It was aggravating. We planned an early arrival JUST so that we could have at least a half-day at the resort.

Lobby, Check-in and Room: Excellent and excellent. Upon arrival, the fresh cool face towels and coconut milk in champagne glasses - wow. Nice touch. Check-in at sit-down desks - excellent. When we got to our room (505) , WOW!!!!!! We had a royal honeymoon suite and by far the nicest room ever in a hotel. Bi-level separated by 3-4 stairs, with a double-jacuzzi and sitting room on the lower level, and good-sized bedroom (with flat-screen TV) and bathroom on the upper level.

Construction: UGH! There was hammer on tile pounding every freaking day around us. We love to take afternoon rests from about 4-6pm, and always pounding. Always, and in rooms adjoining ours. When we were trying to sleep, we called the front desk and asked them to stop, and they did, after 10 minutes or so. They continued to refer to it as "maintenance," but call it what it is, construction. And with the hotel not full, they could have easily put their guests away from the room upgrade construction, but it was all around us, all the time.

Butler Service - Extremely disappointing. We were introduced to the butler, and after reading reviews, I was quite expecting him to offer to unpack us - nope. No offer. I asked about booking the romantic lobster cruise (an excursion with a fee, but it was for our wedding dinner), and he said of course. But it was only because we asked. There were to be three free excursions for us, but again, we knew about it, it was not presented. No one contacted us about a Palace membership. I knew that we were supposed to get a couples massage, petit fours every evening, but we had to ask, they had to look on their computer, and THEN "oh yes, it is my pleasure." I had to ask for the pillow menu, (and glad I did - awesome!) it was not offered. Over our entire stay, I was hoping for butler service, but that part was fair - poor.

Spa - Excellent. Couples massage included, usually a $238 charge. Very, very good. Greeted with personal service, then incredible flower-water drinks. Beautiful atmosphere. They did everything they could to get us to upgrade, and we did choose to go into the same room for $23 US, but a 50-minute massage was adequate, we didn't need an 80-minute massage.

Beauty salon - Excellent! I got my nails and hair done for wedding, and the ladies were expert, no less, both of them, and the price was not exhorbitant. I felt like a princess.

Room service: Once excellent, once horrible. I had an afternoon lunch of smoked salmon mousse and crackers, served in an avocado, divine. Our wedding breakfast was poor. I ordered eggs benedict, and the sauce was a paste texture from being warmed too long, and not tasty at all. I asked for coffee, and the room service guy had to go get it - long wait. He brought coffee and cream finally, but we had finished breakfast by that time. So anyway, he leaves, and then we enjoy our honeymoon morning in a way one might expect. All of a sudden, we hear a key in the door, and the guy enters our room without a blink or a knock. I yelled no, No, NO!!!! but he kept coming into the room. Said he forgot to bring the cream for the coffee. This was a good 15 minutes after he left from bringing the coffee and cream. Needless to say, I was beyond appalled, and my husband jumped up, buck naked, and told the guy to get lost.

Restaurants: INCREDIBLE!!! Like no kidding, finest of fine dining, and the presentation was always perfect. We loved the Italian and the Oriental restaurant, the main restaurant for breakfast and lunch was nothing less than superior with selection and quality. Food and bev manager obviously a pro.

Pool service: Again, not great for a 5-star hotel. Always had to get our own towels, and walk to the outdoor bars for our beverages, but saw other people being "set up" all the time, and get very good service. We could not figure out why this was, and guessed that Palace members got preferential treatment.

Excursions: We only got a chance to go on one excursion, we went on the half-day jungle tour, very fun to drive the little two-passenger boats, and excellent snorkeling. Saw a ray and the largest parrot fish I've ever seen, as big as a good-size large-mouth bass. but with the brilliant colors of parrotfish.

Wedding: The wedding coordinator was very thorough, the flowers were exceptional, the petit fours were beautiful (second marriage for both, we skipped the cake), and the setting was simply beautiful. Photographer was ok, we were glad we bought the CD of pictures, because the package that we selected was Package "A", but the photographer picks his favorite 24 pictures; we had no say, which was ridiculous, because it appeared to be VERY random selections and not very good pictures for the memory book. However, I have a good eye, and with the CD, could crop the pictures as I liked when I got home. But you can't buy the CD of pics without buying an outrageously priced photographic package. We bought the least expensive package at $240 US, 'nuff said about that.

Last but not least, lifeguards: These guys are great. Be VERY careful, I'm an excellent swimmer, and even within the roped area, one day I got caught in a rip tide that held me hostage. By the time I ended up waving my arms, I was beyond exhausted (stupid of me to wait and keep trying, I should have known better). I had to be brought in by the lifeguard, and they were so kind. They also are just nice, and we spoke every day.

Wow what a novel. Would we go back? Probably not, at least until our kids are grown. The lack of kids was nice for a wedding and honeymoon, but we usually go to family-friendly resorts. We ARE going to write to the resort with the inconsistencies we experienced, perhaps they will try to lure us back. :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Spring_Serenity
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We are owners of Palace resort vacations. We have stayed at the MoonPalace and the Cozumel Palace previously. We were really looking forward to a very relaxing and pampered experience at Le Blanc and that is exactly what we received.

The spa/resort is very minimalistic and lovely. There are no children allowed and thus the relaxing part (don't get me wrong, I love children but was looking for a bit more adult time this vacation). From the moment that you arrive and are greeted with chilled, wet and mildly fragranced towels to the time that you depart (arranged by your butler) it is a wonderful experience.

All resorts can have small things that aren't exactly as you hoped: the meal @ BlancOrient was poor and they ran out of Grey Goose vodka (after a very large group was entertained...not my problem, bring in more!) but overall the superior service (you will hear "It's a pleasure" many, many times) and quality of the resort overall washes that away.

We arranged a dual vow renewal service through their weddings department and it was absolutely wonderful. We took the "speed boat" tour and also the "Ultimate Dolphin" experience and both were a lot of fun.The beach is nice and the service around the pool and on the beach is great.

If you are interested in the typical loud music and very busy activity schedule, this is probably not the place for you. We enjoy those types of places too (MoonPalace), but this was definately a pampering trip and top quality. Even mention where you are staying (or have someone spy the understated bracelet) and people treat you differently!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank RedCindygurl
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I wanted to take the time to add to the positive reviews about Le Blanc. This is the best vacation that my husband and I have had at an All Inclusive resort. The service and amenities are the best. We had a vacation at the Sandals Grand in St Lucia last year and had an awful experience. Our confidence has been renewed after our visit to Le Blanc. Here is a summary of our experience:

OVERALL: The resort is very calm and comfortable. It is low key and just what we look for to relax. There is no worry of a mad dash to reserve a lounge chair at the pool or beach in the morning and there are no reservations required (or really needed) at the restaurants so you can go when you want. The resort did not seem crowded at all and it helped in relaxing. Every detail at the resort was top notch. This included everything from premium liquors to individual one use ketchup bottles.

ATMOSPHERE: It was like being at a Spa all day. It was laid back and tranquil.

SERVICE: This was a big differentiator for this resort. It was impeccable! Folks would ALWAYS be available to help and service was immediate. Everyone responded with “it’s my pleasure…”

LOCATION: The hotel is in a great location to walk to many places. The Hard Rock Café, Carlos and Charlie’s, Sr. Frogs and outlet vendors are 5 minutes in one direction and a great mall called La Isla (outdoor mall with high end stores) was 15 minutes in the other direction. There was also continuous bus service that ran 24x7 costing .70 each way.

POOL: There were 3 pools at the resort. Often times, you could be the only ones at the pool near the lagoon. Service was outstanding. Wait staff provided ice buckets with bottled waters, constant drink service and took the initiative to assist in setting up umbrella and chairs

RESTAURANTS: These were great. I think it depends on your tastes. We were very happy with the selection and the quality. There breakfast and lunch buffets were great. There was also a gourmet dinner available which was a 7 course meal with a wine pairing for each course. Room service was also available and very good along with prompt service.

OTHER: This all inclusive offered tours as well. We had so much to do already that only took one. We went on the Jungle Tour and loved it. It was a half-day tour and each couple had their own motor boat which we drove on a tour through the lagoon and out into the ocean. When we reach the ocean, all the boats were tied together and we went snorkeling. Each person received a new snorkel and was able to keep it after the trip. We were back in time for an afternoon at the pool. While checking in, you are encouraged to attend a briefing to learn about “membership” to Palace resorts. It is held at the newly renovated Cancun Palace and they offer you a credit at the spa. We declined.

GYM: The gym had updated equipment and the person who managed the gym (Jerry) gave classes such as Pilate’s reformer that really were private training sessions.

We cannot wait to plan a trip back to Le Blanc. This is our idea of a vacation!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple