6,502 results
All reviews international restaurant french restaurant coconut milk lagoon pool butler service visited le floor butlers bath salts honeymoon suite french balcony pillow menu third floor romantic dinner on the beach breakfast and lunch my pleasure steam room diamond concierge
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We stayed at LeBlanc from Nov 24-29, and were married there on Nov 27. When things went smoothly, it was, by far, the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. But it was so roller-coaster inconsistent, that when it was bad it was laughable (almost.)

We used Elite Tours - the recommended airport transport company on Le Blanc's website. Bad idea. We could see when we checked in with them that we were the only two signed up for Le Blanc, and yet we waited 45 minutes to depart for the hotel for no apparent reason other than they were hoping for walk-ups. There were none, and so finally we left. I speak passable conversational spanish, and when we walked up we were told "5 minutes," after 20 minutes we were told "5 minutes" and so on. It was aggravating. We planned an early arrival JUST so that we could have at least a half-day at the resort.

Lobby, Check-in and Room: Excellent and excellent. Upon arrival, the fresh cool face towels and coconut milk in champagne glasses - wow. Nice touch. Check-in at sit-down desks - excellent. When we got to our room (505) , WOW!!!!!! We had a royal honeymoon suite and by far the nicest room ever in a hotel. Bi-level separated by 3-4 stairs, with a double-jacuzzi and sitting room on the lower level, and good-sized bedroom (with flat-screen TV) and bathroom on the upper level.

Construction: UGH! There was hammer on tile pounding every freaking day around us. We love to take afternoon rests from about 4-6pm, and always pounding. Always, and in rooms adjoining ours. When we were trying to sleep, we called the front desk and asked them to stop, and they did, after 10 minutes or so. They continued to refer to it as "maintenance," but call it what it is, construction. And with the hotel not full, they could have easily put their guests away from the room upgrade construction, but it was all around us, all the time.

Butler Service - Extremely disappointing. We were introduced to the butler, and after reading reviews, I was quite expecting him to offer to unpack us - nope. No offer. I asked about booking the romantic lobster cruise (an excursion with a fee, but it was for our wedding dinner), and he said of course. But it was only because we asked. There were to be three free excursions for us, but again, we knew about it, it was not presented. No one contacted us about a Palace membership. I knew that we were supposed to get a couples massage, petit fours every evening, but we had to ask, they had to look on their computer, and THEN "oh yes, it is my pleasure." I had to ask for the pillow menu, (and glad I did - awesome!) it was not offered. Over our entire stay, I was hoping for butler service, but that part was fair - poor.

Spa - Excellent. Couples massage included, usually a $238 charge. Very, very good. Greeted with personal service, then incredible flower-water drinks. Beautiful atmosphere. They did everything they could to get us to upgrade, and we did choose to go into the same room for $23 US, but a 50-minute massage was adequate, we didn't need an 80-minute massage.

Beauty salon - Excellent! I got my nails and hair done for wedding, and the ladies were expert, no less, both of them, and the price was not exhorbitant. I felt like a princess.

Room service: Once excellent, once horrible. I had an afternoon lunch of smoked salmon mousse and crackers, served in an avocado, divine. Our wedding breakfast was poor. I ordered eggs benedict, and the sauce was a paste texture from being warmed too long, and not tasty at all. I asked for coffee, and the room service guy had to go get it - long wait. He brought coffee and cream finally, but we had finished breakfast by that time. So anyway, he leaves, and then we enjoy our honeymoon morning in a way one might expect. All of a sudden, we hear a key in the door, and the guy enters our room without a blink or a knock. I yelled no, No, NO!!!! but he kept coming into the room. Said he forgot to bring the cream for the coffee. This was a good 15 minutes after he left from bringing the coffee and cream. Needless to say, I was beyond appalled, and my husband jumped up, buck naked, and told the guy to get lost.

Restaurants: INCREDIBLE!!! Like no kidding, finest of fine dining, and the presentation was always perfect. We loved the Italian and the Oriental restaurant, the main restaurant for breakfast and lunch was nothing less than superior with selection and quality. Food and bev manager obviously a pro.

Pool service: Again, not great for a 5-star hotel. Always had to get our own towels, and walk to the outdoor bars for our beverages, but saw other people being "set up" all the time, and get very good service. We could not figure out why this was, and guessed that Palace members got preferential treatment.

Excursions: We only got a chance to go on one excursion, we went on the half-day jungle tour, very fun to drive the little two-passenger boats, and excellent snorkeling. Saw a ray and the largest parrot fish I've ever seen, as big as a good-size large-mouth bass. but with the brilliant colors of parrotfish.

Wedding: The wedding coordinator was very thorough, the flowers were exceptional, the petit fours were beautiful (second marriage for both, we skipped the cake), and the setting was simply beautiful. Photographer was ok, we were glad we bought the CD of pictures, because the package that we selected was Package "A", but the photographer picks his favorite 24 pictures; we had no say, which was ridiculous, because it appeared to be VERY random selections and not very good pictures for the memory book. However, I have a good eye, and with the CD, could crop the pictures as I liked when I got home. But you can't buy the CD of pics without buying an outrageously priced photographic package. We bought the least expensive package at $240 US, 'nuff said about that.

Last but not least, lifeguards: These guys are great. Be VERY careful, I'm an excellent swimmer, and even within the roped area, one day I got caught in a rip tide that held me hostage. By the time I ended up waving my arms, I was beyond exhausted (stupid of me to wait and keep trying, I should have known better). I had to be brought in by the lifeguard, and they were so kind. They also are just nice, and we spoke every day.

Wow what a novel. Would we go back? Probably not, at least until our kids are grown. The lack of kids was nice for a wedding and honeymoon, but we usually go to family-friendly resorts. We ARE going to write to the resort with the inconsistencies we experienced, perhaps they will try to lure us back. :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Spring_Serenity
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We are owners of Palace resort vacations. We have stayed at the MoonPalace and the Cozumel Palace previously. We were really looking forward to a very relaxing and pampered experience at Le Blanc and that is exactly what we received.

The spa/resort is very minimalistic and lovely. There are no children allowed and thus the relaxing part (don't get me wrong, I love children but was looking for a bit more adult time this vacation). From the moment that you arrive and are greeted with chilled, wet and mildly fragranced towels to the time that you depart (arranged by your butler) it is a wonderful experience.

All resorts can have small things that aren't exactly as you hoped: the meal @ BlancOrient was poor and they ran out of Grey Goose vodka (after a very large group was entertained...not my problem, bring in more!) but overall the superior service (you will hear "It's a pleasure" many, many times) and quality of the resort overall washes that away.

We arranged a dual vow renewal service through their weddings department and it was absolutely wonderful. We took the "speed boat" tour and also the "Ultimate Dolphin" experience and both were a lot of fun.The beach is nice and the service around the pool and on the beach is great.

If you are interested in the typical loud music and very busy activity schedule, this is probably not the place for you. We enjoy those types of places too (MoonPalace), but this was definately a pampering trip and top quality. Even mention where you are staying (or have someone spy the understated bracelet) and people treat you differently!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank RedCindygurl
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I wanted to take the time to add to the positive reviews about Le Blanc. This is the best vacation that my husband and I have had at an All Inclusive resort. The service and amenities are the best. We had a vacation at the Sandals Grand in St Lucia last year and had an awful experience. Our confidence has been renewed after our visit to Le Blanc. Here is a summary of our experience:

OVERALL: The resort is very calm and comfortable. It is low key and just what we look for to relax. There is no worry of a mad dash to reserve a lounge chair at the pool or beach in the morning and there are no reservations required (or really needed) at the restaurants so you can go when you want. The resort did not seem crowded at all and it helped in relaxing. Every detail at the resort was top notch. This included everything from premium liquors to individual one use ketchup bottles.

ATMOSPHERE: It was like being at a Spa all day. It was laid back and tranquil.

SERVICE: This was a big differentiator for this resort. It was impeccable! Folks would ALWAYS be available to help and service was immediate. Everyone responded with “it’s my pleasure…”

LOCATION: The hotel is in a great location to walk to many places. The Hard Rock Café, Carlos and Charlie’s, Sr. Frogs and outlet vendors are 5 minutes in one direction and a great mall called La Isla (outdoor mall with high end stores) was 15 minutes in the other direction. There was also continuous bus service that ran 24x7 costing .70 each way.

POOL: There were 3 pools at the resort. Often times, you could be the only ones at the pool near the lagoon. Service was outstanding. Wait staff provided ice buckets with bottled waters, constant drink service and took the initiative to assist in setting up umbrella and chairs

RESTAURANTS: These were great. I think it depends on your tastes. We were very happy with the selection and the quality. There breakfast and lunch buffets were great. There was also a gourmet dinner available which was a 7 course meal with a wine pairing for each course. Room service was also available and very good along with prompt service.

OTHER: This all inclusive offered tours as well. We had so much to do already that only took one. We went on the Jungle Tour and loved it. It was a half-day tour and each couple had their own motor boat which we drove on a tour through the lagoon and out into the ocean. When we reach the ocean, all the boats were tied together and we went snorkeling. Each person received a new snorkel and was able to keep it after the trip. We were back in time for an afternoon at the pool. While checking in, you are encouraged to attend a briefing to learn about “membership” to Palace resorts. It is held at the newly renovated Cancun Palace and they offer you a credit at the spa. We declined.

GYM: The gym had updated equipment and the person who managed the gym (Jerry) gave classes such as Pilate’s reformer that really were private training sessions.

We cannot wait to plan a trip back to Le Blanc. This is our idea of a vacation!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Luv2Vacation08
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Recently stayed 4 nights to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We like 5* hotels and aren't typically fans of all-inclusive hotels (loud annoying entertainment, bad food, dated furnishings, etc), but this hotel is unlike any other all inclusive I've ever seen.

The lobby is clean and modern. Check in and check out are easy even despite a large VIP fashion event being held at the hotel. Staff are kind and helpful, but not overbearing. The whole butler thing seemed kind of strange as they functioned more like concierges to us. The hotel yields a great, upscale feel without any feeling of pretentiousness! A real mix of guests. We met many friendly and kind people from all over the world and my husband loved all the models staying in the hotel for the event!!

We stayed in a honeymoon suite which is the "middle" priced room. It was clean and nice with a french balcony and great viewa of the ocean and pool. The jacuzzi tub was placed near the balcony so you could soak and listen to the waves of the ocean. The shower also had great water pressure and lots of head. Our only complaint was the d/t the jacuzzi the room felt a bit cramped. Next time we would probably splurge for the governors suite instead.

The spa was very, very nice. We both had a 50 min included massage in our package and did it in the couples suite. Highly recommend the spa. Wished the common spa areas were not separated by gender though!! The gym area is great too with plenty of equipment and a few classes (we didn't attend).

The only included activity we did was the dolphin swim. It was nice, very hands-on, but we were disappointed that they didn't take the time to do ANY education about dolphins! We had done another swim in Tahiti and had learned so much. And be prepared for the $139 photo/dvd package they get you with at the end.... We also got suckered into going to Coco Bongo (we are in our late 20s)...an expensive night club/show that they like to compare to Vegas. We wouldn't return but it was okay for a few hours. Very crowded and we weren't sure what the Mexican's obsession is with American music a few decades old???

Food wasn't great....but it was free and if you tried enough things you could find things you liked. By the end of our stay, the chef in the lunch buffet had mastered a delicious pasta that I loved (you pick all the ingredients). You can pretty much as for any food you want and they will do their best to help you. The Asian restaurant was actually quite good. We did take the bus to downtown and enjoyed La Parilla, a Mexican restaurant we highly recommend.

The pools are very nice. The "good spots" at the main pool did fill up early, but you can always find a chair. Drink service was hit or miss, but you could always walk over to the pool bar and get a drink quick. The side pool was closed during our stay for the the private event, so maybe that's why the main pool filled up so quick. The ocean was rough, but somewhat swimable....very warm and pretty!!

We would recommend this hotel to friends and family (it was recommended to us). Try to get out and enjoy downtown Cancun and see the more "Mexican" areas if you can...but it is hard to leave such a nice resort!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
8  Thank Teresa567
Reviewed November 14, 2008

This was a romantic getaway for my boyfriend's birthday. We decided to change our reservations after reading many reviews and are very glad we did. Upon first arrival, the hotel did not look great so we were a bit worried, but once we entered we were amazed. The lobby is grand and you can see straight to the infinity pool and ocean. The infinity pool looks straight to the ocean and is very pristine. The pool bar is fantastic. Service was amazing. Everything is included, but if you tip a little they will be appreciative. The food was good. The best place is the asian restaurant...wonderful sushi and tempura. The italian restaurant was veeeeeery slow...so slow in fact that we got up and went back to the asian restaurant. Our room was gorgeous. It had a fabulous ocean view and was huge...with our own jacuzzi tub looking right out into the ocean. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing I did not like was the bathroom door (almost see through). But everything else was amazing. My boyfriend got sunburned so we called room service and immediately they delivered aloe vera (literally took less than 5 minutes). We also went to the spa. It is quite literally one of the best spas I have been to. It will take your breath away. Hot tubs, foot baths, cold baths...and soft lighting. We had a couples massage and were very pleased with the service. All in all, great service, prompt attention, beautiful views, and great value for the price. Just as an added note, we went to Coco Bongo two times while in Cancun and highly recommend it. It is literally the best club I have ever been to. A great show with wonderful performers and great atmosphere. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple