“Le Blanc was wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Le Blanc was wonderful”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I recently went to Le Blanc with my daughter and we had a wonderful time. The service was courteous, food delectable and general ambience of the hotel a cut above.
The rooms were excellently appointed and butler service caring and genuine. The quality of the experience was regularly monitored throughout our stay and staff really appeared to enjoy giving of their best to make your stay memorable. As others have stated in other reviews attention to detail made the difference.
Well done Palace Resorts. This certainly is a jewel in your crown and yes we will be returning as soon as we can.
Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Liked — Quality accommodation ,service and food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008
5 Thank CareyA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,632)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2008

going to keep this short but sweet... gorgeous hotel... breathtaking view from the hotel room, gorgeous pools, yummy drinks, friendly butlers, very good food, so central to everything... walking distance to Senor Frogs and Coco Bongos... bring lots of money for tips, really good turn down service, gorgeous beach... amazing hotel, pricey but worth it... if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

• Liked — view from the bedroom, location and pools
  • Disliked — paying for the internet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank icklep
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My partner and I just returned from Cancun and our week long stay at Le Blanc on Sunday the 28th. We wanted a relaxing, quiet, carefree vacation with no worries about anything...Le Blanc deliverd that vacation and then some. What a great place, this is definitely how the better half live and Le Blanc delivers that experience.

I would describe Le Blanc as the place to go if you don't want to lift a finger to do anything. From the moment of our arrival we felt welcomed and immediately got the impression that they were going to do everything they could to help us enjoy our vacation. Arrival and check-in was quick and easy and our suitcases were taken to our room while we got a quick tour of the hotel and the amenitities. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean...actually it's spotless. It's a very modern and simple place that really gives you a very calm, soothing feeling.

Because it is the off season, it was very quiet. There were mostly couples there although towards the end of the week a group of 10 to 15 arrived. At most times, it felt as if there were about 20 people staying at the entire hotel, it was just that quiet. With three pools there was always plenty of lounge chairs to lay on...most people liked to lay around the main pool, but I never had trouble getting a spot there. There was no loud music or people playing games in the pool, it was just a handful of adults laying around the pool, sleeping, reading, drinking and relaxing..it was perfect. With only 230 something rooms, it's not a place that I imagine ever gets too crowded.

We had one of their regular rooms with a view of both the lagoon side of the hotel and the ocean. The room was great, it came with a whirlpool tub for two, two closets, and plenty of amenities as described by other guests in other reviews. The thing I really like was all the towels. I can't tell you how many hotels I've stayed at where there is just never enough towels...Le Blanc had so many towels you couldn't use them all. It's just a feature that I really appreciated.

Cutomer service was definitely Le Blanc's specialty. Everyone was very helpful, very friendly, and they always wanted to make sure we had everything we needed or wanted. We used the butler service (Eduardo) a few times, called the "hospitality" line several times, and ordered room service quite a bit (everyday). There was never a problem, everything we needed or wanted or ordered was taken care of within minutes of the request. The only thing we found slightly annoying was after every room service delivery within minutes of the food arriving someone would call to make sure we got everything we needed. It certainly didn't have any impact on our vacation and we ended up making a joke about it, "it's your turn to get it". I'm just trying to make a point of their customer service...above and beyond.

Maid service was fantastic too. The room was always clean with fresh towels. They come every day to do the regular cleaning and at night for the turn down service of the bed. But turning down the bed wasn't all the did, they would clean-up the place again, add fresh towels, and put out slippers and bathrobes. It was really nice.

Finally, the food! Our rating of the food was fair to good, we didn't really find anything outstanding but nothing was horrible. There is a huge variety of food, so you definitely won't go hungry. We ate at each of the restaurants at least twice for dinner and found enough variety at each that you couldn't even come close to having the same food twice. I look at an all inclusive like food you would get at a banquet. It's usually good but nothing out of the ordinary. We did find ourselves really liking a few things (the steak and fresh fish) but everything else we usually would say it was good or fine. The wait staff is really great. They always made recommendations for a good wine with dinner and by the end of the week they were like old friends and really added to our vacation. (During the lunch and breakfast buffet they insist on carrying your plate back to the table for you...you don't have to lift a finger here).

We also used the spa facilities with treatments and the gym. The spa is very, very nice and I had one of the best massages I've ever had. And the gym is very nice and has everything you could need while away from home, much better than the typical hotel gym.

During our stay we kept trying to make notes of the names of the great staff to mention when I did my review here. The list became too long that, in the end, everyone who worked there really deserved the praise. They really all made a team effort to work together to make our stay memorable and it really paid off in my estimation. We would not hesitate to go back here again, and probably will, there isn't any reason why we wouldn't.

On a side note: As a gay couple we are always hesitant about how we'll be treated when we go to a place that is typically for straight couples. We really like an upscale place that we can eat, drink, relax and have a great vacation and just be treated like everyone else. We were treated with the utmost respect and always felt welcome no matter where we went in the hotel. We really appreciate that Le Blanc!

11 Thank MarkAI
London
Reviewed September 27, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Blanc Spa from 2nd- 16th September. We are both in our early twenties and were looking for a relaxing break, and so it was great that the hotel is over 18s as no kids running around screaming and shouting really makes the break so much more relaxing! (Nothing against kids of course!!)

The weather was amazing during our stay, at one point the weather suffered because of the nearby hurricane but out of 14 days. I'd say 11 of them were brilliant sunshine days, perfect for sunbathing by the one of the amazing infinity pools or relaxing on the beach!

The hotel itself was gorgeous. Our room was located on the 8h floor, where we had a Royal Deluxe suite. About 8 days into our stay we had a problem with the jacuzzi, so we called maintenance and they said it would have to be fixed and we wouldn't be able to use it straight away. So that night our room was upgraded and we were moved to the 6th floor, where we had a Honeymoon Suite. The view was absolutely amazing, and the staff lit candles and scattered rose petals in the room, as well as giving us a complimentary bottle of champagne. We were very satisfied with the service.

The hotel was quite empty- I'd say not even half full, so the staff really could devote all their attention to you! The best bar man had to be Edgar who was mainly on the third floor, and Lucinda was very good too! Alll staff were polite and friendly all the time.

The food was good- not amazing but above average. Every morning I'd have cereal and fresh fruit for breakfast, which was lovely, and we ordered room service a few times where they bring the table into your room laden with food at the time you specified. I wasn't overly keen on the Oriental or the Gourmet- mainly because I don't like fish and that featured a lot on the menus! However they are happy for you to order something not on the menu, they even made us a pizza one night which was not something on the menu! The main (international) restaurant was probably the best, the fillet steak was delicious, but there wasn't that many choices so after 2 weeks I was a bit sick of steak!

It would be an understatement to say we had an amazing time at Le Blanc, it is unlike any other hotel I have ever been to and you definitely get what you pay for. 10/10

• Liked — The smell of it- you'll have to go there to experience it, it smells so fresh and lovely!
  • Disliked — Nothing
4 Thank xgirl87x
west new york, nj
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Ok I am going to preface my comments by saying that we stayed at this place last year(June 2007) for our honeymoon and we would give this place 4 stars. From the time we stepped into the facility until the end of our stay, we were treated well. Our butler on the 8th floor was always willing to help. He changed our chair in the room when wine was spilled on it. Found a charger for my cell when I forgot it at home. He made my check out seamless. Everyone on the staff was exceptional. The only thing we had a problem with was the timeshare nazi you guys had posted in the lobby after we checked in. She insulted us by calling us fools for not taking in the excursions and listening to some pitch at Cancun Palace. We ended up doing the excursions anyway but we felt it was in bad taste for them to give us the hard sell. We are on vacation for god's sake. Well we remember Heidi from last year at the lagoon pool. She was very helpful. Towels were always available in the chairs and she remembered our names without looking it up on some screen. She recommeneded the philly chesse steak sandwich at the time and it was delicious. I miss you Heidi!! The spa treatments we received and the use of the gym was excellent.All in all it was a wonderful stay from Jun. 10-16, 2007. So from that time we decided we wanted to come back this year 2008 to commemorate our first year anniversary.

Fast forward to Sept. 2008, what a difference a year makes. We just returned from our stay from Sept. 8-13, 2008. We were not pleased. We checked in on the 8th which was a Sunday and since it was late afternoon we just retired to the room for the evening and ordered room service. The check in was fine and we noticed the timeshare nazi wasn't at the usual post. So far so good. Sept. 9th was a Monday and we came downstairs for breakfast and lo and behold, the timeshare nazi was at the post beckoning for me and my wife. This was a new nazi so he wasn't giving us the hard sell. However, he did insist that we take the excursions. We politely said no for the simple fact that we already did Tulum and Isla Mujeres and we wanted to do something different from what they offered. We were return guests so we knew the drill. He seemed ok with that and we went along our merry way. We had breakfast which was fine and headed to the spa for me and my wife to be pampered all day. Aromatherapy massage and manicure/pedicure which took up most of that Monday. It was sooo relaxing and one of the greatest spas I have ever been to. However, this is a service that isn't included with your hotel stay so we paid good money for these treatments. It's well worth the cost!! Well we did the Oriental restaurant and was treated a little indiifferent. Our waiter, who's name I forgot, asked us whether we knew spanish. I thought that was rather odd since you have a large influx of visitors that are english speaking. Insisting to us that we are in Mexico and that we should learn spanish was rather obnoxious to say the least. We paid for this resort and we don't need your personal opinions. Just serve the food, thank you very much. Also, a waitress pretty much was indignant that I pick a soy sauce which I found troubling as well. Wouldn't leave until I pick one. What nerve!!! Anyway, I picked her precious soy sauce to avoid anymore confrontation with this person. They ended up throwing it out anyway. Unused. Now moving on to Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008. We booked through our transportation company a trip to Chichen Itza. Since we were gone the majority of the day from Le Blanc from 7:30 am until 7:30 pm we didn't deal with the facility at all that day. We had room service for breakfast and that was it. When we returned, we did room service for dinner. Now this is going to be a recurring theme with room service. They were fine in delivering the food but they seem to have a problem with positioning the table in the room and taking the tops off of the plates so we could eat them. Why leave the tops on when we order to eat now!! Not later to keep food warm. Weird. I had to instruct them each night to take the metal tops off of the food and how to position the table in the room. I think common sense would dictate these decisions which there was a lack of. I think it was a indication of things to come. Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2008. We had breakfast at the international restaurant. Very good!! My wife wasn't enamored but they did their job. We hung out at Le Blanc that day because for the rest of the time, we wanted to soak up the facillity and relax some more. We took our spot at the outdoor jacuzzi pool and soaked up some sun. Great spot which others discovered later to our chagrine. We had the spot to ourselves for a few hours then other guests seemed to want to camp out there. We never went back to this area. Guests made rude comments about me and my wife in spanish thinking we don't understand. My wife understood perfectly. Rude vacationers are a fact of life but it seemed to be an overabundance of them at Le Blanc this week. In addition when we were at the jacuzzi it is always a full assault from the servers to feed us drinks. We drink but we are not a bunch of drunkards on vacation just to get drunk. We are sophisticated and we don't need to be bothered by this. We will ask you for drinks when we need it, thank you very much. We did eventually have some champange that day in the jacuzzi and that was fine. Okay, in the evening we went to the italian restaurant but I had shorts on and was informed that the terrace and international could accommodate us. Fine. First we went to the terrace and of course they weren't equipped for dinner at 6:00 pm. They told us they would have food by 7:00pm. Strange. This is a recurring theme at the terrace for dinner. For the rest of the stay, we noticed plenty of guests flummoxed by this situation. Not a good look. The staff was laughing at this like it was a big joke. Anyway, we just went downstairs to the international for dinner. Now this is where it gets weird. The staff felt the need to insult my wife in spanish. Again, my wife understood them perfectly. Tried to smile in our faces during this. [--] Laughing loudly which was inappropriate in a restaurant held to high standards. She was visibly upset at this and she wouldn't tell me what was said until the next day. If I had known at the moment, I don't think I could have been civil. Your staff insulted my wife!! For what? We were paying guests? We didn't take you up on your excursions which are lame excuses to solicit us for time shares? I don't understand the logic. Anyway, we were upset as a couple would be celebrating our first anniversary would be after Wednesday. Thursday we had breakfast at the 3rd florr terrace which to our surprise wasn't bad. Edgar was good. He was attentive. For the rest of the day we went to the pooll on the lagoon side to relax, soak up rays, etc. The waiter, Angel, was attentive but again was trying to feed us drinks all day. Very annoying, Angel. We refused for the most part but after having lunch poolside. We took in a cocktail. The virgin daiquiri served to my wife was watery. She had a couple of them and never finished them they were so bad. I had a couple beers then I had Angel get me Grey Goose vodka on the rocks. Since it was kinda windy that day, the glass of vodka spilled and was never replaced. Angel, you weren't bad but I thought that was a oversight you could have corrected. He seemed to be concentrating on a wedding party that disrupted our area of bliss. They arrived later in that area and my wife overheard one of the guests trying to move us. What nerve!! Again rude guests you can't control but the bartender with the weak drinks was going to give them their wish. I am glad Angel intervened on this to prevent an uncomfortable situation to come to light that day. This whole thing played out without a hitch. Congrats to the groom. I don't blame you for this. I knew where it was coming from. Anyway, for the rest of the time, we just did room service from Friday until Saturday of our departure. On Friday, we did terrace for lunch just to get some fesh air out of the room and to let them clean it. At this lunch our reputations must have proceede us because we overheard a staff member mentioning us in not so flattering terms. They seemed to be amused by this but it didn't affect our service by Edgar. Not bad Edgar. Ok the butler was pretty much non existent on the 5th floor. Luis, 5th flr butler wasn't any help to us at all. I had a simple request for them to replace a robe that was inadvertently taken from our room leaving only one robe for us. He said he was going to take care of it and never did. Most of the time we didn't see him unless we were coming and going. I knew complaining would be futile after this moment. Luis needs to learn about service instead of smiling and grinning and delivering nothing. The cleaning personnel and the turn down service was great. Kudos to them. In conclusion, Le Blanc has soured our opinion of this place and we will never return to this facility again.EVER!!! You just lost a loyal customer.

• Liked — The actual facility is fine
  • Disliked — The staff are unprofessional, plastic reponses(It's my pleasure?, Puleeze)
22 Thank beachlovers222324
Napoleon, Ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2008

The Le Blanc (all inclusive) was a wonderful experience we will not soon forget. The moment we entered the lobby, we were treated like royalty with cool towels and drinks. President Bush stayed at this same resort while visiting President Fox of Mexico a few weeks before we arrived.

My wife and I were automatically upgraded to a honeymoon suite and wow what a view. We were located on the 7th floor on the southeast corner overlooking the water and beach. There were two double sliding doors which allowed the ocean breeze to fill the room.

We finally met up with our friends and explored the entire resort. The resort is actually small compared to the more well know resorts but what it lacked in size, it made up in style and service. There were literally almost 1 staff member to every guest.

Our wives went to the spa the next day and could not stop talking about it all night. My wife said it is the best spa she has been to any where. That says a lot since see has tried both the Mirage and Bellagio spas in Las Vegas. She said it was most relaxing and soothing place she has ever been to and compared it to a baby being in the womb.

The food and drinks were all included and they did not disappoint. The food was 5 stars all day and we never had a bad meal. One night we went to eat with our friends and had a 7 course meal. It lasted a couple hours but with every course came a new drink and a wonderful new food.

I can't tell how much fun we had and we are looking forward to another trip to the Le Blanc Spa and Resort in the near future.

• Liked — View and cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank abrose98
Chicago
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at Le Blanc for 7 days in August. Not to completely echo most all other reviews, but from the moment we walked into the resort we experienced service with a smile like no other place either of us had ever been.

Our check-in was a little slippery, as we had requested a very specific type of room, but ultimately we were placed into the exact type of room that we wanted, if a few floors lower than we ideally envisioned (we would have loved 8th, but got 5th...still wonderful). We walked into the room for the first time and were just blown away by the attention to detail in every regard. The towels in the room were placed perfectly in the bathroom, the fridge was stocked with primo liquor, the bed and trimmings and view were to die for....we were home. Spotless throughout. Rooms cleaned/turned down twice a day, every day.

Our experience with the floor butler(s) was nothing but positive, from jumping up to hit the elevator button when they saw us coming, to spending a good amount of time with us and making great suggestions when booking tours (Marco's suggestion to have a lunch packed for us and delivered to our room for our Tulum tour was right on point and appreciated). Very friendly, helpful, and genuinely interested in making our experience positive. Delivering a plateful of killer eclairs to our room at precisely 9 PM the 2nd to last night was memorable to say the least (I am a chocolate fiend!).

We did do the Tulum tour which was interesting, but roast toasty hot!! The tour bus getting us there was air conditioned and pleasant, but once we arrived at Tulum, get out the fans because it was 95 degrees, humid, and little breeze aside from the view from the cliff area. Recommended as interesting, but very hot. We also did the jungle tour, which was a blast. Got our own small speedboat and followed in a caravan of 5 with our guide, Luis, through the mangroves and to the snorkeling area, which was very nice. Spent more time that we thought cruising the waters around the hotel zone after the snorkeling, which we loved! A highly recommended tour, and not too long (about 3 hours total, as opposed to most of the day for Tulum).

We also did the spa, hydrotherapy and 80 minute couples massage. Now, I have never been to a spa before, so take that into consideration, but I had a wonderful time. The hydrotherapy was challenging, as the steam room was amazingly hot, as was the jacuzzi, but I toughed it all out to get the whole experience and was grateful afterward s that I did. The massage itself almost put me to sleep several times, and I think that was a very good thing.

The restaurants were all different, but enjoyable. Our favorite was the Oriental. Great sushi and service. Enjoyed the Italian and International as well, eating at the Italian twice and the International once. The gourmet restaurant on the third floor terrace was a great experience. It was a bit fru-fru in terms of the quantity, but it the food was very good and the presentation was phenomenal. Having a different bottle of wine for each course was really fun. Great time and an amazing setting/view.

Regarding the pools and overall experience, we were never more than 10-15 minutes away from an inquiry regarding our status with drinks, food, ice, towels, etc. The service poolside (and this relates to all three pools) was wonderful and attentive. At times, if I even looked in the direction of a server, they were at my side immediately asking if I needed anything at all. One thing that we were both impressed with was the degree to which they evaluated themselves. We were sitting by the back pool one day and a manager was strolling by. He stopped to chat and asked us if everything was as we expected. Being honest, I told him that the 3rd floor pool had a few small issues, and he noted it down and assured me that it would be taken care of. The next day, we both wandered over to the 3rd floor pool and, low and behold, everything I had mentioned had been addressed and then some. Everything in life cannot be perfect at all times, but making every effort to attain perfection by the staff was constant and appreciated.

All anyone can ever ask is that a resort respond to the needs of their clients. Le Blanc does this in spades. Last year we stayed at the Ritz in St. Thomas, and my girlfriend has, to say the least, high standards. Le Blanc met and/or exceeded our expectations, surpassing even the Ritz at virtually every turn, and we would not hesitate to recommend Le Blanc to anyone at any time. Granted, it is geared more towards couples, but the overall standard of excellence and service that one experiences from top to bottom at Le Blanc makes it a truly wonderful and unique experience on virtually every level. I do not know how we can now go anywhere else in Cancun without thinking of Le Blanc, and wondering why we did not go back.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere, immaculate facilities, always helpful staff
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple