Le Blanc Spa Resort
$101
$560
$379
galahotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$397
TripAdvisor
6,323 results
All reviewsinternational restaurantfrench restaurantcoconut milklagoon poolbutler servicevisited lefloor butlersbath saltshoneymoon suitefrench balconypillow menuthird floorromantic dinner on the beachbreakfast and lunchmy pleasuresteam roomdiamond concierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We are Palace Premier members and have had our eye on staying at the Palace's crown jewel, Le Blanc, for eight years. We got that opportunity beginning April 15, 2014. After a mix-up on the airport transfer (make your transfer reservations early-on in the process), we were greeted with great fanfare and got to our room within minutes of arriving. Our personal concierge explained our entertainment and dining options so we could begin planning our week.

Our favorite activity was chilling on the beach. The bar and munchies services on the beach were fantastic as someone stopped by to see how we were doing every 20 minutes or so. The attitudes of all Le Blanc staff were very positive, as if they really appreciated us staying with them. Every time we thanked them for their service, they replied, "My pleasure", and I really think they meant it.

We've always enjoyed our food at the Palace Resorts, but the Le Blanc food was in a class by itself. The variety of food choices were practically infinite, with presentations that matched the flavor. We didn't go on any tours since we've done most of them in the past. We had several treatments at the spa, and were please with all of them.

We're a couple in our late 50's and would recommend Le Blanc to anyone who is seeking a place to get totally spoiled.

Room Tip: We had a Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite on the fourth floor. I believe all the rooms have an ocean view.
2  Thank Jace P
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for continue to allow us the opportunity of hosting your holidays. It is a pleasure to know by your feedback how much you enjoyed while being our guest. Our biggest asset is our staff members, who with their kindness and service attentiveness are the reason we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. I look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home many more occasions and provide you a memorable stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived at Le Blanc on April 15th for a three day stay after spending 7 days at Sun Palace. We were originally booked at another Palace resort however prior to our departure to Sun Palace we received a phone call asking us if we would switch to Le Blanc as the other resort was overbooked. Initially I had some reservation as we always stay at resorts with large balconies and typical Oceanfront or ocean view rooms. Having walked by the Le Blanc many times I knew that the balconies there, referred as French balconies, are not real balconies on which you can stand or sit. I was also told we would receive a lagoon view room as ocean view was not available. We decided to accept the lagoon view room as it would give us an opportunity to stay at the much talked about Le Blanc resort and after all during the previous 7 days we would be at the Sun with a large balcony and ocean view.
We arrived at approximately 12:30 pm were immediately led into a very elegant lobby and proceed with checking in at a desk. They do not have a counter like many resorts. You are seated at one of many desks which I believe are used for checking in or out. Our room was not ready as it was only 12:30 and we were advised our room should be ready by 3 pm and were assigned room 329. We went out to the main pool area and the excellent service immediately started by someone asking my wife if we needed towels and he promptly went and returned with four towels and completely arranged the towels on our padded lounger, with pillows, near the main pool and bar area. Other staff would walk by and repeatedly ask us if they could get us anything. Service seemed excellent, my wife overhead one of the guests saying to a waitress that she was going leave to have a pizza from the restaurant, on the 3rd floor, and the waitress offered to get the pizza and bring it to her.
At 3 pm we went into the lobby to check on our room. It was ready and we were given our door cards and asked if we needed any assistance to find the room. We went to the 3rd floor and opened our room door. We were impressed with the elegant looking room complete with a double Jacuzzi tub and double headed shower. One side of the shower also has 4 jets you can direct for additional water spray. (We have attached a picture of the room).
Within minutes of entering our room the bellman phoned and asked if he could bring up our luggage, which promptly arrived. Minutes later the butler knocked on our door and asked if there was anything he could do and whether we needed any explanation as to features in the room such as a very elaborate lighting system that even could light up the top of your night tables.
We were very impressed with the elegance and detail of our room including a mini bar with snacks (chocolate bars and peanuts etc).Convenient details such as the in room safe being at eye level rather than having to kneel down to access the safe, as is the case at other fine resorts. Our view was satisfactory as the trees outside our window basically were as tall as our bottom of our window and we certainly preferred the 3rd floor as opposed to a lower floor. The resort has done a very good job on its lagoon side grounds with a lake (or part of the Lagoon) next to the hotel nicely landscaped with some water fountains. This area is separated by the main Hotel zone road and across the road is the Lagoon. The view IMO is much more attractive then for example the Lagoon views at the Beach Palace. Perhaps the attached picture will provide you with a good look at the lagoon view.
Maid service was excellent and turndown service was also very good. You will have a card that you can insert in your door, one side requests maid service the other side of the card requests the maid to come back later.
We had dinner at the Orient restaurant, service was very good and the waiter recommended an excellent desert. We also tried the Italia restaurant which was also very good. The last night we had rib eye steak at the International restaurant, and again the waiter recommended an excellent desert. As with other Palace resorts no reservations are necessary at these restaurants. We did not have enough time to try the French restaurant (which does require a reservation). We were also very impressed with the 3rd floor Terrace where we would often have a snack such as pizza or a BLT sandwich. Rafael, the waiter was very attentive, pleasant and provided us excellent service.
Le Blanc appears to have a wide area property and beach access which allows for plenty of room for lounge chairs on the beach, the main pool, the third floor pool and even at the lagoon pool. Access to good and plush chairs located around the pools was never an issue. The staff would do pretty much anything to locate a lounge chair and move it for you if necessary. They would also ensure that we had an umbrella and a table and of course bring us towels. Bar service was also excellent in all areas of the resort. We did not use any of our resort credits. We found no reason to have to upgrade our wine.
One day I went in the lobby to change some bills in to smaller denominations, for tips. To my surprise most of the desks in the area appeared to be busy. A man in a butler uniform noticed me looking around with the peso notes in my hand and walked up to me and asked if I was looking for change and took my notes and had them changed as requested. I was impressed on how they anticipate what you are looking for and act immediately to assist you.
Three days is not enough time to completely enjoy and the comfort, elegance and service that the Le Blanc offers. We can certainly appreciate and confirm all the fine comments and reviews made about this excellent resort.

4  Thank j5008

It is a truly honor to read such complementary review like yours. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible by exceeding our guests’ expectations at all times and it is a pleasure to know our staff members continue to accomplish this goal day by day. From the moment of your arrival and throughout your stay I am glad to know we were able to provide a relaxing and pampering holiday. Allow me to let you know Rafael has been recognized for his outstanding service during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back to our Resort and provide you another memorable experience.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great hotel--service was outstanding. Have a butler on each floor but really did nothing for us except to push for elevator when he saw us coming.About 4 restaurants to choose from for dinner. Can't make reservations in advance but for French one.Liquor was first rate and been in room.. Facial was great!Will go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lois S

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay highlighted by our staff attentiveness. I hope to welcome you back in the near future for a memorable experience.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My last review of Le Blanc was 2 years ago and it is still the top of the Palace Resorts chain. We find it difficult to imagine how it could be improved on though they did surprise us by adding cushions on all the lounges by the pool. Then we noticed the care of the cushions; each night they are covered with fitted covers and any soiled cushion has its cover replaced to be cleaned.
Our only disappointment was a change in dinner presentation at the international restaurant. 2 years ago I wrote “In the International restaurant the waiter wheeled over a cart with various cuts of meat and fish; make a pick and it's grilled for you.” This has been discontinued.
As always the biggest draw to Le Blanc is the service from the staff. I want to mention several that made this stay special.
Of course first would be Roger our concierge. We were here for our 47th anniversary and he and our butlers made it a day to remember.
Laura, the pool concierge always remembers us when we return to Le Blanc and even remembers where we like to sit. And speaking of the pool area, Lucinda with her cucumbers is a favorite of my wife (see attached picture).
We ate at the Asian and are picky eaters. Not being familiar with Asian foods waiters Herman and Antonio were very helpful and made us feel at ease with choosing our menu.
And speaking of eating, Marco and Mario at breakfast made us feel welcome back and cared for our every need. Marco who is the restaurant manager moves fast and helps the staff as well as directs them.
And breakfast would be just another meal without Isabel. She makes the best eggs rancheros and this time introduced us to Le Blanc kisses, desert for breakfast. She was off on our last day and we wanted to watch how the kisses were made. When I expressed my disappointment to Mario he went back to the kitchen and told the chef, Aquilino. Chef Aquilino came to our table, led us to the grill and proceeded to give us a private lesson. Where else would this happen?
And should you get tense from a day at the pool and beach may I suggest you see Laticia for a serenity massage. All and all Le Blanc remains Le Blanc.

2  Thank Al M

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays; it is always a pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. I am glad to know our staff members made of your 47th anniversary celebration a memorable experience. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments, it is thank you to our guests’ valuable feedback we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Our mission is to create memories and make our guests feel welcome and at home; I am proud to know staff members like Roger, Laura, Hernan, Antonio, Marco, Mario, Isabel, Aquilino and Leticia continue to accomplish this goal day by day. Please be sure they all will be recognized for their outstanding service. We all at le Blanc look forward to welcome you back in the near future and continue to create memories together.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't possibly have expected more.

Firstly the way you are greeted sets the tone for your entire stay and all staff do as much as they can for you.

2 staff I have to mention are Saray one of the pool side waitresses and Gilberto from the terrace bar. Both great assets to the resort and our honeymoon experience. These are the type of people that should be looked after by the hotel.

It's your choice to tip but we preferred to do this throughout our stay as the staff worked so hard and we felt deserved it. The odd couple of dollars was always received with such appreciation.

The pools are beautiful and as we are a young couple it was like a 5 minute walk to the bar areas and coco bongos from here. All lit at night and very safe.

The beach it's beautiful too and our camera is filled with wonderful memories.

The restaurants were good also in the hotel and we seemed to eat in the Chinese restaurant 3 nights of our 10 here. As it's all cooked fresh they had no problem changing elements off the menu too. Don't forget to try a pizza or 2 from next to the terrace bar too!

Any couple of any age we would recommend this hotel.

Great place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joy_peddle_travel

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such special celebration as it was your Honeymoon. I am glad to know staff members like Saray and Humberto went above and beyond to make of this romantic getaway a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience with the readers, it is always a pleasure to know our guests’ opinion. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future another pampered romantic getaway,