“Nice....But”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very nice overall, but two things stood out to me as a very frequent traveler to Cancun (50 or so times): The food was average at best, not even in the top ten of any of the other all inclusive resorts we've been to. The beef was absolutely disappointing. It reminded me of the quality of beef ten or more years ago in Cancun which no one ever ate. Also standing out was how over priced this resort is. It simply is not a good value for the cost. I would only recommend this resort over many, many lower priced resorts we've stayed at in Cancun if the price was substantially lower than the going rate.

3  Thank u-p-hank
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your recent experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible, that is why I read with great concern your comments regarding our food quality. It is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and you will see the improvements made than you to your feedback. Kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,089)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I can only say good things about this resort. The wait staff was amazing, the butlers were more than helpful at all times. I actually got water in my GoPro while at the beach and asked the butler for a baggie of Rice, he brought me an entire 1lb bag from the kitchen! The food is excellent, and a secret: There's usually no one on the 3rd level pool deck, and the brick oven pizza up there is delicious!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous vacation. I am glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us highlighted by our quality food and staff’s attentiveness. I look forward to welcome you back and provide you another incredible experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Le Blanc to celebrate my birthday while also renewing our vows. We had visited Le Blanc earlier in the year and had enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to book a second trip. Le Blanc exceeded our highest expectations... simply incredible service, excellent accommodations, and top notch food and drinks!

We have traveled extensively around the world and have never experienced such a level of service from employees who go above and beyond to make your stay memorable.

Room - simply amazing! I recommend upgrading at check-in if possible... we were able to upgrade to the Presidential Suite which was absolutely wonderful! We've also stayed in the Honeymoon Ocreanfront Suite and although it was smaller we loved it as well. The butler service is beyond compare... Jesus, Humbierto and Alberto were the best! They were always asking how they could help us, what they could provide, etc. We've never felt so pampered.

Beach - very clean, beautiful water and wonderful service. Jeanette, Marta and Javier were always so happy and served the best drinks. They even surprised me with champagne, fruit and cheese to wish me a happy birthday!

Restaurants - the food is amazing... we enjoyed each restaurant, but the Italian was definitely our favorite (with the more casual outdoor pizza restaurant a close second). Gabriel was our server at the Italian restaurant on both of our trips and is to be commended for his ability to provide great recommendations for both food and wine.

Spa & Salon - once again, incredible service. I had scheduled an appointment to have my hair and make-up done prior to our vow renewal, and greatly enjoyed my time with Norma. She did an excellent job and I was very pleased with her work!

Vow renewal - Isabel made the planning process so simple and accomodated all of our requests with a smile. Enrique, our minister, was a delight and made the ceremony even more special.

Le Blanc truly is a first class destination where you are treated like royalty. The resort exudes luxury, and each employee we met seemed to truly love working there. We cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for available upgrades at check-in... well worth it! Ocean front rooms provide a spectacular vi...
2  Thank JessicaW488

It is always an honor to read such complementary reviews like yours. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host such special celebration as it was your vows renewal. I am glad to know our staff members did everything in their hands to make of this day a once in a lifetime experience; especially Jesus, Humberto, Alberto, Jeanette, Martha, Javier, Gabriel, Norma, Isabel and Enrique, who have been already congratulated for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back in a near future and provide you many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week stay, the first 4 nights at Le Blanc followed by 10 nights at The Grand Velas. I would probably have given Le Blanc 5 stars, but after staying at the Grand Velas I cannot rate them the same.
We arrived at 1pm and our room was ready! Our room was a Honeymoon suite on the fifth floor with a lovely ocean view. It was beautiful! I loved the 2 person jacuzzi tub, with the different bath salts and the bed was very comfortable! The bathroom had the typical glass door, so not much privacy there!
The hotel always smelled so nice, and it was very clean! Never saw so much as an ant!
The beach and pools were amazing, the service was exceptional! I also enjoyed the spa very much!
My biggest problem with Le Blanc is the food. It was just good in my opinion (I know food is subjective). I ordered the Lamb in the french restaurant and it was just way too sweet. I tried the Osso Buco in the Italian restaurant and again way too sweet. I wish there were more choices for lunch, after 4 days I was ready for something else.
I did enjoy Le Blanc very much. I usually don't stay in the Hotel Zone but at Le Blanc you forget that you are in Cancun.
A special thank you to our butler Carlos, he took great care of us!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. Thank you very much for all of your comments; it is thank to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Allow me to let you know Carlos will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and you will see the improvements made thank you to your feedback. Kind regards.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

While LeBlanc is highly touted as the Palace Resort "out of the ordinary", compared to other Palace Resorts my wife and I found it to be equal to but, not anything comparitively exceptional. While we are "Premier" members, and possibly because we did not opt to become "Diamond" members we found nothing to be any more unique than at any of the other wonderful Palace Resorts.
Our "Butler" was really just a floor manager to us and the overall facility was typical Palace.
After meeting with other members who were "Diamond" status, we discovered as suspected- "Premier" is no longer top of the line, unfortnately it was reflected in our overall service support.
It was not what we expected, as we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary,we later felt we should have stayed at another of our favorite Palace resorts.
Unfortunately we were not pre-travel informed of the male dinner dress code and found out after arrival-long pants (not even dress casual golf shorts) are required for men at dinner. This should be advised at booking.

I would like to mention several of the service staff who provided most excellent service;
At the Moon Pool bar; Luigi and Ivan are wonderful hosts and Manager Joe welcomed us each day, with open arms and friendly banter.
In the Oriental restaurant Chef Maximo was over and above involved in the front of the house and customer satisfaction - impecible!
Upstairs the Pizza Bar hosts; Joe, Jesus, Russell an Israel made this area our favorite evening retreat.
Thank you to all of them! They truly made us feel they meant, "mi casa es su casa"!

Room Tip: Request NOT to be on the Lagoon side! Men- you MUST have long pants for dinner!
2  Thank Tee-Kavee-ten

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your previous holiday. Our mission is to create memories by exceeding our guests’ expectations at all times and it is with great pleasure I read staff members like Luis, Ivan, Joe, Maximo, Russell and Israel continue to accomplish this goal day by day. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future and provide you a memorable experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

outstanding overall. great for couples. no real need for upgraded room as most of the time you are outside. the food is above average for an all inclusive. the spa is one of the nicest with very high quality services

1  Thank brad s

Thank you very much for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed our spa facilities as well as our quality food. I look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We traveled to Le Blanc with one other couple to celebrate her 50th birthday. Our trip was amazing. I would rate our experience as amazing!! Highly recommend to others. From our arrival to our departure, our experience was very good. While we felt all of the good was very good, we spent our last night dining at the Italian restaurant. WOW! It was very good. We wish we would have gone there sooner so we could have experienced other items on the menu. The maître de (manager, can't remember his name) was very professional and made sure our food and experience was top notch. Our experience was worth the extra $$ for Le Blanc. Next time, we will use our butler much more. We have never had anyone to watch after us so I'm sure we did not use him to the full extent. When we did, he was very helpful and friendly. By the end of the week, most of the staff knew us by our last names.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charles M

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you another Le Blanc experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
1 mi away
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
#4 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!