“Met our expectations and beyond”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Two word sums up this resort....THE EMPLOYEES!. Everyone we met went out of there way to give us the best sincere service that we have ever received. For my wife and I that is what the experience is about. Add to that the facilities, location, dining and activities available, I can see why you have received 5 stars. All well deserved. Bravo!

Room Tip: From my room 815 which is a suite, there were views from north to south.
1  Thank PCDL
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

It is an honor to read such complementary review regarding the service received during your stay. It is a pleasure to know our staff members continue to exceed our guests’ expectations by providing a truly five diamond service. I look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience. Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (6,090)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you enjoy complete serenity and pampering along with absolutely delicious and varied cuisine -then Le Blanc is the place for you!

Truly a paradise, complete with a butler who greets you with a big smile, aromatherapy, herbal infused pillows and wine or Champagne whenever the mood strikes you ...and the Spa is glorious-sauna, Steam room, pools, massages and Delicious snacks and drinks at your fingertips ... you won't want to leave Le Blanc. Can't wait to go back : )

• Stayed: October 2013
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such special celebration as it was your anniversary. I am glad to read how much you enjoyed our facilities highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness. I look forward to welcome you back for another incredible experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Let me start by saying this was my 3rd trip to the mexico, having previously stayed at the Iberostar Grand and Excellence Riviera Maya. We were planning to get married at Le blanc 2 years ago, however had children in our party so plumped for the Iberostar resort. Needless to say, we were more than looking forwards to finally staying here. Possibly because we built it up, we were left a tiny bit disappointed.

We arrived after an 11 hour flight and were greeted with a glass of coconut milk and a nice cold towel and were checked in promptly. Prior to been shown our room we sat down with someone for some "Market Research." Basically he was trying to sell a membership to the elite club which is clearly what time shares have evolved too. Never really gave it a thought at the time but when we thought about it the next day, not really what you want after travelling for over half a day.

Our butler took us to our room and gave us a run down of everything. We upgraded to an ocean front honeymoon suite and it was nice. Frank, the butler was excellent and could not do enough for us, however we are fairly independent and never really utilised this service as much as some others may. He asked us what drinks we liked and made sure the mini bar was always stocked with them and sent us fruit platters etc on occasion. Nice gesture and went down well.

This typifies the service in the resort and, for me and my wife, was the best we have ever experienced. Whenever you thanked a member of staff, the reply would come back "it's a pleasure." This would seem cheesy and disingenuous in most locations, however not at Le Blanc. You get the feeling that it is genuinely their pleasure and the staff do take pride in giving you the best service they possibly can. Of particular note were Sheila, Ivan, Nifeldia (I think this is how it is spelt), Luis and Omar. Special mention though to Chris around the pool who I never saw not smiling in the whole 2 weeks, Rafael in the Restaurant who was superb and just as happy and Guillermo in the lobby bar who was simply perfect. For me, these people are huge differentiators and would be the reason I would go back here.

My CEO goes on about TNTs (tiny noticeable things). This is where I feel the resort does let itself down a little. When we arrived and went to the lobby for a drink, the shelves are full of spirits, however there was no Belvedere Vodka visible which is all the missus' drinks. We asked the barman and there was some but it was kept in the fridge. Was this to keep it chilled or was it to hide it so people drank the cheaper Absolute etc. I heard a guest asking why they never had cognac and he was told they had but again, no cognac was on display. For me, in a 5 star resort such as this, you should not have to hunt your drinks and I have never in other, comparable resorts.

to illustrate TNTs. A light fitting in the ceiling in the lobby bar was missing, leaving a hole where it should be. This was only replaced on our last day. The toilets by the lobby bar had been painted, however there was paint on the marble partitions between the urinals from the repainting. The pool was cleaned once that we noticed in duration of our holiday. The Lagoon pool had grime on the side of the tiles that remained there. We had no draught beer for around 4 days as they ran out. As a result they also ran out of cans of Sol and XX and only had Heineken and Tecate left at one point. They also ran out of straws for around a day and a half. Sun-loungers were the least comfortable I have laid on ever. The whole lobby bar could do with a spruce up as is looking worn and tired. You can not not fillet steak unless you book into the French Restaurant and you can not get lobster unless you pay for a romantic meal. You can use your resort credits for this meal, however still have to pay the tax so it still costs you additional money whichever way you dress it up.

Judge this as you may, you may think this pedantic and petty, however I think that all these little things add up and when you consider the placing on Trip Advisor and the cost of staying here, I can't help but be a little disappointed and underwhelmed.

We took a Gold Spa package and it was AWESOME. Highly recommend it, our own steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi followed by a massage and facial. Excellent spa area.

Food was very good, although as I stated above, the lack of accessible fillet steaks and no lobster really did take the shine off for me. Excellence had a restaurant dedicated to lobster tails and you could have as many as you like. At Le Blanc, I couldn't get one! Italian, Asian and Main Restaurants were all excellent, my wife especially enjoying the Banana Tempura. However the French was exceptional. We indulged in the tasting menu and it was superb. Service was prompt, knowledgeable and attentive. We loved it, however a couple we met and who were sat 20 seconds after us, met us in the bar an hour after we left the restaurant, having finished our 6 courses, only having been served 3 and walked out in rage. Perhaps we were lucky, perhaps they were unlucky. One personal irritant for me though in the main restaurant was once you had self served the buffet a waiter would try to take your plate for the 8ft walk to your table. This was not necessary and a bit of a farce for me. Again, may just be my taste but I do not think this added anything to the service and in fact detracted slightly because as they were doing this, they were not getting drinks etc.

All in all had a lovely, relaxing time. Service and people really were second to none, however a number of little things need looking at in my opinion as the attention to perfection simply is not there, which was surprising.

3  Thank Odisamsam

First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. Please receive my most sincere apologies if we did not meet your expectations at any time. It is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. On the other hand I am glad to know how much you enjoyed the time spent at the spa and how our staff members did everything in their hands to provide a memorable experience; especially Frank, Sheila, Ivan, Luis, Omar, Chris, Rafael and Guillermo who have been already recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you a truly Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We literally couldn't find fault with Le Blanc spa resort ..... Elegant, stylish, serene, luxurious, friendly, relaxing ..... And many more positive adjectives!!!
The staff are the hotel's greatest asset ... And of course the spa's too. We were treated like royalty by everyone we met, such kindness and generosity.
I can't recommend this hotel enough, the pools, the gorgeous food, the stunning facilities and the beautiful beach.
You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Even the partial ocean view room ... Was a whole lot of ocean. Plus you got to see the iguanas on th...
1  Thank clarriejones
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

It is an honor to read such complementary review; Thank you very much for your kind words, it is a pleasure to read our staff members continue to exceed our guests’ expectations by delivering a truly five diamond service. I hope to have the opportunity to host you once again and provide you many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First class service from an amazing resort. Truly luxurious in every sense of the world. The pools and grounds were impeccably well-maintained. The spa was so relaxing, definitely worth the splurge. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shruti P

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to read how much you enjoyed our spa facilities and relaxing treatments. It is a pleasure to know we continue to provide our guests pampering and memorable holidays. I look forward to welcome you back for another incredible experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent a week at LeBlanc from October 19 to 25, 2013. If you’re looking for a rowdy, loud, party place, LeBlanc is not for you. If you’re looking for a high quality all-inclusive spa resort, then LeBlanc is for you.

Without exception, the staff was always pleasant, friendly, and willing to help. Starting with the first LeBlanc staff we met, Jose the bellman. We felt at home immediately. He was also the last LeBlanc staff we saw when we left. What a pleasant, warm person!

We stayed in room 507 – a honeymoon suite. The only slightly down side is the room was closer to what we have had at the Moon Palace as far as square footage. The room did have a French Balcony with a spectacular view.

Each floor has its own butler who is available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our butlers were Antonio and Francisco. These two gentlemen took care of everything! It was like having a friend helping us.

The service poolside is outstanding. Bartenders Isaac and Felipe took good care of us. Again, like having a friend behind the bar – which is always a good thing! Isaac, thank you for introducing me to Gran Jurado – reposado, of course. We also must thank Laura who handled getting us situated at the pool and the beach. This woman works way too hard. Speaking of the beach, you can get bar and food service down to the ocean’s edge! Fantastic.

We get the feeling that all the staff is handpicked!

Food: We never had a bad meal. One of our favorite things was the Mussel appetizers at the International Restaurant. We liked them so much; we ordered them for room service! I also enjoyed the Tuscan Tomato soup and the Italian restaurant. Personally, I was not impressed with Lumiere, the French Fusion restaurant. The food was very good, but I am not a fan of the “tiny portion” craze.

We also enjoyed the Spa. As with the other Palace Resorts we have stayed, the spa is lovely. An 80-minute couple’s therapeutic massage was done very well.
We will certainly be back to Le Blanc!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous Holiday. It is with great pleasure I read your comments regarding our staff members. We are very proud to have such an incredible team that continues to exceed all of our guests’ expectations in every one of their visits. Especially Jose, Antonio, Francisco, Isaac, Felipe and Laura who will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back for another incredible experience. Kind regards.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Well what can I say, my sister and I have just returned from a week long stay at Le Blanc and neither of us can speak highly enough of our experience there. The service is second to none, I honestly felt like royalty! The staff are all so friendly and cannot do enough to cater to your every need, the butler service is fantastic, we just happened to mention to our butler Humberto that we would be having massages the following afternoon and he arranged for our jacuzzi to be filled and ready to jump into when we returned to our room! Every last detail goes unmissed in this place. The beach service is amazing, we made friends with Lucinda who was lovely as was Chris and all the other staff that were at hand to provide drinks and food at the drop of a hat. Our other butler Jesus was amazing and extremely helpful and informative. In the restaurants Rolando and Marco went out of their way to cater to our culinary needs and the food was absolutely amazing!!! I honestly cannot speak highly enough of my time here, and will be recommending Le Blanc Cancun to anyone who will listen! Thank you to all the staff for giving me a 30th birthday to remember. I really can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such special celebration as it was your 30th birthday. It is with great pleasure I read our staff members made of this holiday a once in a lifetime experience, especially, Humberto, Lucinda, Chris, Jesús, Rolando and Marco who have been already congratulated for the outstanding service provided during your stay. Thank you not only for taking the time of sharing your experience on Trip Advisor but with friends and family. I look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
1 mi away
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
#4 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!