“Beautiful Resort & Excellent Service”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I normally go on cruises and decided to try an all inclusive this time for our 2 year anniversary. [September 23-30, 2013]. What can I say? Le Blanc Spa Resort over exceeded our expectations on quality food and service. We have read countless reviews on many different resorts and overall features. If you want a place that offers exceptional service, this is the place to visit!

Rooms:
The rooms are nice, but don't expect a huge balcony if you book a honeymoon suite. It's very narrow, however if you book it with an ocean view - then it doesn't really matter. The sliding doors open very wide, so you really get a gorgeous view anyway. We read a review about the multiple shower heads not being strong enough - this is only true if you don't pull the nob out hard enough. So, remember to pull out HARD and you will enjoy your shower. The hot tubs in the honeymoon suite made our overall experience much more romantic. Just let your floor butler know you want it set up on your way to dinner. You will come back to your room with rose petals, bottle of champagne, some sweets and the hot tub all ready to go. They also offer variety of different pillows in addition to the ones already in the room. We asked for the therapeutic ones. Very comfy!

Restaurants:
We love to eat!!! Presentation was so pretty that I almost didn't want to eat it. Amazing! They have the Buffet (Blanc International), Asian (Blanc Orient), Italian (Blanc Italia) and French (Lumiere) restaurants. First, the food in the Blanc Orient was just okay. However, keep in mind that coming from an Asian background I am spoiled with lots of great authentic asian foods. The service was, of course, excellent! Blanc Italia and Blanc International were good. I highly, HIGHLY recommend Lumiere (French). The food was absolutely DELICIOUS! You have to make reservations at Lumiere, so make sure you do that as soon as you arrive. We dined there twice and loved every single dish - the DUCK is a must try!

I also highly recommend the Romantic Dinner on the beach. It's extra, but so worth it!

We were a little worried about the alcohol perhaps being watered down. Nope...they use premium alcohol! Margaritas were sooo delicious...try the cucumber one! Also ask for Isaac at the pool bar to make you his special. He's awesome. Another plus with this amazing resort is that when you order wine, they open a BRAND NEW bottle every single time. Even if you tell them you only want one glass.

Activity:
Not much to do, except relax and enjoy the beautiful, clear blue water. We were okay with this since we booked excursions elsewhere. The concierge in the front will help guide and book everything for you. Xel-Ha is a place you should visit. Very beautiful and the lazy river (an actual river) was such a unique experience. Also, swimming with dolphins! Fun, fun, fun!

Nightlife:
Le Blanc does not have a nightlife. However, take a cab down the road (about 3 mins driving, 15 mins walking) and there is your nightlife. Hubby and I love to experience everything and we enjoyed all the clubs. As soon as you get out of the cab, people will bombard you, so just stay tough and try to get the best deal. We went to 4 different ones and enjoyed Coco Bongo the most - Definitely order a bottle to really enjoy ($235 for kettle one, service, tip, and admission) or pay for the gold member's area. Great entertainment and dancing! Highly recommend that place if you enjoy that kind of scene.
The staff at Le Blanc really helped us with information on everything! Ask them, they are great with it!

Spa:
The spa itself was absolutely beautiful inside. We always get massages and these ladies have strong hands. You will enjoy the deep tissue! Overall very relaxing environment. Prices are a little on the high side.

Let's just say I was very sad that I had to leave. I will definitely be returning and recommending this resort to all of my friends and families. Thank you for making our trip so memorable!

3  Thank Hang T
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of sharing such complementary review regarding your previous stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. Our mission is to create memories by exceeding our guests’ expectations at all times. It is with great pleasure I read our staff members continue to accomplish this goal day by day; especially Isaac who will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you another five diamond experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,030)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

As soon as our transportation pulled up in front the pristine white exterior of the resort, my mind started preparing me for "total pampering". The chilled coconut milk and cold divine smelling towel were refreshing to both interior and exterior. Introduction to my butler, and check-in was a breeze. I requested my butler to unpack for me while we went to the 3rd floor to eat. The view was stunning as usual. I didn't request a tour of the facilities since I've been here before.
We wanted a regular balcony, ( 95% of the balconies there are French balconies), so we were on the 8th floor. Our butler was excellent. We asked him to surprise us with the room aromas, and he switched them up nightly. We loved them all. On our last night we wanted room service, but we also wanted dishes from the Oriental restaurant. The butler went to the specific restaurant and got us one of their menus so we could get exactly what we wanted. Another one of the resorts excellent services, as long as the restaurant is open. Don't know if they'll do it for the French restaurant though. In the 3 times I've been here, I've never eaten there. The other 3 restaurants and 2 snack bars were fine with us. ALL of the staff treated us exceptionally. Some of them even anticipate your needs on a timely basis.
Spa services were excellent. For some reason they don't have any male masseurs at this time. Even if you don't get massage services, you can go through the steam room, jacuzzi treatment on a daily basis since it's part of what you pay for.
The restaurants that we went to were all great. Especially loved the Oriental.
We wanted R&R and got a healthy dose if it. If you are into being entertained by dancers and the like, playing pool games and hearing loud music all day long, this is NOT the place for you. No rowdy crowds here.
Sublime serenity reigns.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TriniWoman

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday; it was an honor to be your host for the third time. It is with great pleasure I read our staff members continue to exceed your expectations in everyone of your visits. Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay, I look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home and provide you many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We decided to try Le Blanc for a short 4-day stay. The service was amazing starting with our concierge Victoria, who tried very hard to help us get the most out of our four- day stay. Our butler Jonathan was truly amazing. He took care of our every need immediately and solved problems for us. The pools and beach are beautiful. You don't just get towels: they are arranged for you on lounges of your choice. The bartender and waitresses went out of their way to assure my drinks were they way I wanted them. I did find it amusing that unlike the neighbor resort the beach cabanas went unused, This is probably becuse of the $180.00 a day fee.
The food was fantastic in both taste and presentation. This is particularly true in the Italian restaurant were Issac the manager was constantly around talking to guests and making sure there experience was perfect.
The biggest disappointment was the lack of activity and entertainment. Nightly entertainment consisted of lounge music. The resort closed down early at least by our standards. The best entertainment was the turtle release.
A warning to Palace members if you are staying at multiple resorts they will not transport you to your next resort if you stay less than seven days at Le Blanc. We stayed four at Le Blanc and seven at Moon Palace. Our situation was taken care of but with no help or consideration from public relations. In fact she told us we should have been charged for our transportation from the airport, even though our stay was 11 days with Palace resorts.
If you like quiet pampering Le Blanc may be for you. For us the pampering did not make up for the lack of activity

Room Tip: If you want a true balcony you must pay for a Jr suite The honeymoon will give you beach front but...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. I am glad to know how are staff members did of this vacation a memorable experience; especially Victoria, Jonathan and Isaac, who have been already congratulated for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back and provide you another relaxing experience

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The facilities were fantastic, the staff are the most accommodating we have ever been around, the food was first class, the beach beautiful, the spa luxurious. If you can not relax and enjoy a remarkable time here you might not have a pulse. As you can tell, we can not recommend Le Blanc highly enough and your spouse or significant other will remember this trip forever if this your honeymoon, anniversary, or just a vacation. I will never stay in another place in Cancun.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the comments regarding your previous stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. I am glad to know we were able to provide you a pampering and relaxing experience. It will be an honor to welcome you back and provide you many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

first of all let me say this hotel was so amazing it made me wish we had picked it for our honeymoon in 4 months! my mom gave us her timeshare for my 30th birthday and I picked this since it seemed the nicest. I never knew it would be this great. the second we walked in we were given coconut milk and everyone was just so wonderful. our room wasn't ready right away so we hung out in the lobby and then went to eat lunch. we upgraded our room and it was ready so we went on up. it was amazing! we had a honeymoon suite. the shower was beyond amazing. there is a hot tub in the room! they even have an app so you can do things from your phone which I loved doing. the mini fridge was great. everything was just so great. being able to order room service 24/7 was the best thing ever.

so the first night we went to the italian restaurant and it was amazing. our favorite actually we'd go there 2 more times during the week. we loved the bread they give you omg mmm. my fiance loved the oriental restaurant but that's because he loves that kind of food. I did love the fried dumplings. I should also mention we are foodies from NY we go to the best restaurants so when we say the food is good it's good! the french restaurant was an awesome experience. the beef tenderloin I can't stop telling people about it was that good. we finally went to the international restaurant which I wish we had gone to more than once it was so good.

I also ventured to the spa and did the fish spa which was awesome. I really want to get those fish and open up one in NY so we can become millionaires and come to Le Blanc all the time :) I remember doing the spa in London and it was so much better at Le Blanc. we finally ordered room service for lunch one day and wish we had done that more often. we aren't used to such amazing hotels so we weren't used to being so pampered :) we kept saying we should be ordering room service all the time it's all included! and the drinks omg best martinis ever. we only went to the stage bar the last night which sadly I wished we had gone to more but most nights we were so exhausted right after dinner. we walked to the mall one day, then the other side which had hard rock etc, we also went to xel ha one day (amazing) I just cannot say how much we loved this hotel. we only just got home tonight and already miss it dearly. I actually couldn't wait to get home just to write an amazing review.

I have no idea how people could not love this hotel. yes it's quiet but we liked that. we are now both in our 30s and don't need a crazy party scene. of course if I was coming to Cancun with my girls I wouldn't stay here but it was perfect for a couple. this hotel really has spoiled us so much I hope our honeymoon can top it. also every night the turn down service was amazing! I'm going to miss those chocolates every night. I'm going to miss everything at Le Blanc. they even have movies you can borrow and watch :)

and a lot of people complain about the not real balconies but we didn't care we loved the tiny balcony. it's too hot to go sit out on a balcony anyway, it was perfect the way it is. I also loved the gift shops and am so in love with my pink ring I got :) I cannot wait to return to Le blanc again in the future. this is just the perfect hotel. we have no complaints or can even think of anything bad. the beach was perfect, the pool perfect, the staff perfect. only bad thing is coming home! I want to be back. one week was not long enough!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poisonivy918
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It is a pleasure to read such complementary review regarding your previous stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. It was an honor to host such special celebration as it was your birthday. I am glad to know our staff members were able to exceed your expectations at all time by providing a truly five diamond service. I look forward to welcome you back and provide you another Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have just spent an amazing week at La Blanc Spa and can only say that it was well worth the 10-hour flight from the UK.
For those travelling from England, we flew on the new Dreamliner in Premium and have to say that we will never fly long haul in any other way. The flight was fantastic, noise completely at a minimum, seats and leg space big enough for absolutely anyone and enough space to enable you to move your legs freely, no matter how tall you are. Only small problem is that the centre arm console which separates the seats makes it a little difficult to manoeuvre in and out easily so you need to be sitting next to someone you know! Other than that, enough movies on demand to satisfy the most fussy and a great range of food and drink. Clean and fresh Loos that are self-closing and flushing and ambient lighting that aids relaxation all make this a great flight and the new oxygen levels really helped us to arrive feeling ready for everything Mexico has to offer.
We booked a Royal Governor Suite through Nic at Beaches for Less in the UK and were very pleased that we chose this larger room as glimpsing the honeymoon suite when we passed proved to us that you really do get what you pay for. We had a fantastic full length balcony on one side and a Juliette balcony on the other. A television was concealed within a sideboard a little way in front of the bed which could be raised or lowered at the flick of a switch and a second tv and video player were available in front of a two-sweater sofa in the living area of the room. Our butlers Frank and Ephran were amazing and ensured that we had everything we wanted, always ensuring that our room was kept topped up with our choice of aromatherapy and running our jacuzzi with scented salts whenever we wanted it. Hand-made chocolates were awaiting our return from dinner each night together with dimmed lights and soft music. Heaven!
We tried all the restaurants and all were of a very high standard. Marco, the Manager at the International, provided us with speciality dishes cooked especially for us and was always on hand to ensure we had everything we wanted. The waiting staff were incredible and I don't think we ever carried a plate back to the table ourselves. Rafael, our Waiter, could not have been more helpful and service with a smile was the order of the day throughout our stay.
We ate twice in the French restaurant and once in the Italian and Asian - all were outstanding and the extensive menus offered something for everyone.
Poolside service at the main pool was exceptional which made the very poor service (non at all) that we received from the Moon Pool on one occasion even more disappointing when the bar tender refused to move out from servicing the bar to offer drinks to anyone around the pool. We also had to get our own towels and water which, whilst no hardship, was completely out of step with what was offered elsewhere.
This hotel really does have a boutique feel to it and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The beach is of soft white sand and they sea, although quite choppy, was warm and blue.
The hotel is located in a safe and convenient area and it is within easy walking distance of local shops and clubs. Busses run up and down the strip and you can travel to anywhere in the hotel zone for 10 pesos each.
As others have said before, it is the staff that make this hotel so special. We were invited to a turtle release one night and the memory of this will stay with us for a very long time to come. However, other than this, there was no night time entertainment (other than a musician each night in the bar area) although our daily programme showed that Karaoke was happening each evening in the martini bar - something rather out of step with the client group that the hotel attracts and, whilst we did not want all-night parties, it is true to say that, had we stayed for longer, we would have found this a little too quiet.
All in all, a fantastic hotel and we would definitely stay again although perhaps only for 5 days next time before moving out to somewhere out of the main zone.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for a Royal Governor Suite if at all possible
2  Thank Crumblesthree

Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. It is with great pleasure I read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to read staff members like Frank, Ephran, Marco and Rafael continue to provide a unique and outstanding service to our guests and creating memorable experiences. Thank you for being part of our baby turtle release program, it is a matter we take with all seriousness and are glad to be able to share this with our guests. I look forward to welcome you back and provide you another Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

First off let me say that this is a nice resort. Just when we paid almost twice as much as any other all inclusive resort, we did not feel that it was worth the extra money. When we arrived our room was not ready, we received a pager and checked in around 3:00. Our luggage took an additional two hours to arrive, we had to call and ask for it twice. When we went into our room, it was nice and had a nice minty aromatherapy smell. Once the aromatherapy wore off, we realized that they put us in a smoking room. The entire third floor is considered smoking. We asked to be moved to another room and the following afternoon they moved us. Our new room was nice, but a little worn. The door handle on the closet was broken, and just hanging, but overall a very nice room.

The maid service was not good at all. For two days in a row the maid did not give us toiletries, I had to call and ask for shampoo and conditioner which was promptly delivered. One day our mini bar was also not restocked. As others had mentioned the turndown service was hit or miss.

Overall we were happy with the food. The service in the restaurants was inconsistent, and varied a lot depending on who your waiter was. For example, some days the waiter would bring us rolls, other days they didn't and this was in the Italian restaurant. If you asked for them, it would be supplied, but once again it was very inconsistent. We felt that the Asian and Italian were the best restaurants. Maxima and Edgar in the Asian restaurant were great. They realized that I was a vegetarian and made a great sample of vegetable sushi options that were not on the menu. If you went to the third floor for a wood fired pizza it was very good, but twice they brought out the wrong pizza, and they claim that they are open for dinner, it says so in the resort guide but it was never open. They also say that the same wood oven is used for room service, this is definitely not the case, the room service pizza was average at best and tasted like a frozen pizza.

The pools were relaxing and beautiful, but the service there greatly depending on who's "section" you were sitting in. We had days with amazing service and endless drinks and waiters who waited on us hand and foot, and other days where it took an hour to get one drink and we would end up going to the bar and getting our own drinks due to poor service. The pool side food was just adequate also, on three occasions my husband asked for the chicken wrap, but they were always out of chicken, so he just gave up asking for it.

The Butler service was nice, but you definitely have to ask them for specifics. They did not just volunteer information. Juan and Cesar were both great butlers.

The gym and spa were both very nice and had good equipment. The gym offers a good variety of free classes. We used our resort credits for a massage and pedicure, you only have to pay the 11% tax.

Wifi signal was good throughout the entire resort.

The International restaurant buffets were just average, we found that you had a better breakfast if you ordered room service. Carlos was the best waiter in the International restaurant, he was just so pleasant and brightened my day!

The beach was very pretty and if you are lucky enough to be there for the sea turtle release in the evening take part in that!

Room Tip: Third floor is all smoking rooms.
5  Thank Sarah O
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible, ensuring that our guest experience the most relaxing vacations and I deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations this time. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you a truly Le Blanc experience

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
#2 of 7 in Playa Mujeres
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!