“First Class Peace and Quiet, in the middle od Cancun”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having been to 18 different all inclusive resorts all thorough the Caribbean, I must say that this is only the second location we have repeated. One other location we returned to twice but this resort has impressed us enough that we just returned from our 3rd trip there. Having said that,
this is a resort for adults only and for people that want to relax. There aren't any party planners running around harassing you. Most rooms have an ocean view with a Jacuzzi right at the door for a wonderful view. There are not a lot of restaurants there but they are excellent. The butler service is exceptional. They really do understand how not to over do it at the same time making you feel well taken care of. Poolside service is as good as you could hope for as well as the beach attendants. If you want something, you got it. From drinks to food to having an umbrella and lounge chairs set up anywhere. The spa is excellent. A massage a day is my motto. The amenities are fantastic. If you choose the concierge level, than you get a full array of alcohol in the room. Each time we have been to Le Blanc, we have never left the resort. If you want crazy, go somewhere else. This is a perfect getaway from our home area in Philadelphia. It's a non stop flight and once you land you are in the resort in less than an hour.
I am sure we will go back. Try to keep this place a secret. Yes, it is that good.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank james w
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I feel honored we had the opportunity to host your holidays for the third time. It is a pleasure to see how day by day more people joins our Le Blanc Family. Allow me to thank you for your kind words regarding our service and facilities. I look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home and provide you another relaxing and memorable holiday.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,090)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have taken family vacations to Cancun for years, staying at almost all of the palace resorts, so we thought we knew what to expect. This hotel took the comfort and luxury that we experienced in the past, and completely stepped it up to a whole new level, which was what we expected for my mother's birthday celebration. Our concierges Luis Bravo and Edgar on the third floor were unmatched in their attention to detail- so much so that when I checked out earlier than the rest of my group, Edgar still took my request to prepare the bath, the aromatics in the room and, suggesting chocolate dipped strawberries as a treat for the rest of my party that was able to stay longer.

Alfonso, the events coordinator took the time to talk with us, ask what we liked to do, sharing the daily events, and giving us tips on the dance floor, as well as encouraging us to Karaoke which was one of the trip highlights. Twice. We were packed lunches for our day trips, and given a special water bike workout at night, to better accommodate our schedule. The time we spent on the beach was peaceful and there is plenty of area to relax in.

The spa was fantastic, and I even our concierge noticed my facial's uplifting effect. All the ladies were so nice, and highly skilled at their positions. Classy people. I had a facial, haircut, manicure, pedicure and massage.

One of the nights, we took a stroll along the beach and happened upon sea turtles laying their eggs! It was incredibly humbling, and also quite sad to see some people disturbing them as they were coming ashore. We spoke to a local security guard who told us that they are trained by biological specialists to remove the eggs, and wished I knew when to come back to watch them hatch! It was a very moving experience to see so many turtles put so much work into laying their eggs.

The food was fantastic, and any meal I missed made me sad for the missed opportunity to try something new. I cannot wait to come back to this hotel, as we all agreed that the bar has been raised. Kudos, le blanc. Kudos.

Room Tip: We were facing the lagoon and it was marvelous. I'm sure every room is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Victoria A

Thank you very much for such kind words. It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to host such special celebration as it was your mother’s birthday. It is very rewarding to know everyone at Le Blanc made it possible for you and your family to have a memorable holiday by making of your stay a pampered and relaxed experience. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed the quality food and service at our restaurants; As well how our Staff members at the spa provided a unique relaxing day. Please know Luis, Edgar and Alfonso will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you a truly Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Le Blanc after a short 3 night getaway to celebrate my 40th. I want to mention that I am a travel professional and have been in the industry for 15 years. Additionally, this is my 12th visit to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. I've toured, inspected and stayed for pleasure at many properties in this region of Mexico. Le Blanc is one of if not the best resort in Cancun. I base this primarily on their excellent standards of service. No request is too much trouble and you are always responded to with "it's my pleasure."

I was able to view every room category with the guidance of a Butler. I highly recommend upgrading to an ocean view room. It is breathtaking and really never got old. We stayed in a honeymoon suite on the 6th floor which was fantastic. We had the option to stay in a junior suite for slightly more money but I honestly preferred the layout and location of the honeymoon suite. Israel was our Butler and he was wonderful. Always with a smile and always asking what he can do to make our stay even better. The food was very good. Compared to the other all inclusive resorts in the area it's definitely at the top of my list. The Asian restaurant was our favorite. The best food would have to go to Royal Hideaway in Riviera Maya. The drinks at Le Blanc were outstanding and they had all of the top shelf brands you can think of.

The spa was also lovely. My only gripe with the spa is that the men and women areas are seperate. So if you wanted to enjoy the spa sauna, jacuzzi, etc with your husband/wife/etc you couldn't.

The beach is gorgeous and in a terrific location. Tons of loungers, umbrellas and overall space. The beach service was also excellent. When you first get down to the beach they all scramble to get you set up with loungers, umbrellas, towels and set everything up for you. Within minutes someone would arrive with a metal bucket filled with ice and bottled waters. Myra and Chris were always checking on us to see if we wanted more drinks, another umbrella, towels.

Phone calls to the US and Canada are free of charge from your room which is another extra that impressed us. I love the aromatherapy throughout the hotel and also had Israel set it up in our room. It's these small details that make a big difference. It is a quiet, incredibly relaxing resort. We were also surrounded by like minded people. Everyone was polite and respectful of each other, making some small talk but not loud or intrusive. It seemed everyone was there for same thing. To be pampered and just relax.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer the best views and most seclusion. Upgrade to ocean view, it's worth it. Gov...
3  Thank Brittny817

Thank you for choosing le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. It is a pleasure to know you were able to enjoy of our staff’s attentiveness at all times being pampered with relaxing details. I am glad to know staff members like Israel, Myra and Chris continue to provide an outstanding service to all of our guests. Please know they have been already congratulated for the service provided during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back in a near future and provide many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We travel to Mexico every summer from Florida. The weather is usually better and the resorts have a quiet easy way about them. We have been to both Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. We always try to stay at the best places for adults only. Le Blanc will not disappoint in any way. It is not perfect but it is clearly trying to be which left us feeling like we had the perfect time.
The hotel is located on the Cancun strip which feels somewhat like South Florida or Rio but the beach and its water are far superior. There is no lack of choice in Pools(quiet, busy, shaded or with a beautiful view of the beach). Inside it is simply but elegantly designed. White is of course the theme. It has a bit of a hip feeling to it.
The service is excellent. However, it is not about the staff. They are competent and unassuming.
We ate at all the restaurants, all of which are excellent but we felt the Italian Restaurant was the best of the bunch. Compared to other all inclusive Mexican resorts, we felt the breakfast and lunch were not as interesting. Other's we have been to have had Lobster and other sea food selections from the grill. Le Blanc offers fresh fish and meat selections that are made to order but we had to ask for shrimp. The dinners however were a different story. We felt the dinners were significantly better compared to other resorts.
The bar service was excellent. The bartenders seemed friendlier than at other resorts. We particularly enjoyed Elias the daytime bartender in the Main Lobby Bar.
A few things a future visitor should know about the hotel. Tips really help and if you don't see it ask for it. They will always try to accommodate you but did not let that be clear at the start. All in all I believe that a week is too short.

3  Thank James J
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

First of all allow me to thank you for taking the time of sharing your previous experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort. It is a pleasure to know you were able to enjoyed relaxed and pampered moments by the beach and pool areas, highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness. Please know Elias has been already recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to host many more of your holidays and provide you more memorable experiences.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days in Cancun for our honeymoon in July. To mix things up a bit we decided to spend the first 5 days at Sun Palace and round out our last 5 days at Le Blanc. Based on the enourmous amount of 5 star reviews we figured Le Blanc would be the ideal, relaxing end to a perfect getaway. The resort did not disappoint!!! First of all, let me say this resort IS a 5 star hotel and I say that to everyone I talk to... However, I had to drop the rating down a bit on this site to account for two incidents that made our perfect honeymoon a little bit of a drag... temporarily!

The staff was incredible and our butler, Hugo, was so friendly and warm. It was hard to get used to the level of service we received from him - no one has ever offered to unpack my bags for me at a hotel! My husband and I are laid back people so we only called on Hugo when we needed a bottle of wine and struggled to open it. When he couldn't open it either he was quick to find a replacement and back within 5 minutes!

We became fast friends with the lobby bartender, Guillermo and loved hanging out with him before dinner every night. My husband is into CrossFit and so was Guillermo! When he had the night off, I could tell my husband missed their nightly chats about the gym, family and everything in between!

The resort was quiet and relaxing but still vibrant and fun if you wanted it to be. The staff seemed to know who wanted to be left alone and who wanted to have a few laughs. I could also say the same about our fellow guests - it was a perfect mix of total relaxation in the lounge chairs and party at the swim up bar.

And the food... the food was fabulous at the asian and italian restaurants. The french restaurant was over-hyped in our opinion (TIP - They say it is formal attire, but my husband was the most dressed up in the restaurant with a dress shirt and suit pants. Don't even bother packing a suit) and the day after our meal was not very fun. Newlywed friends of ours that we met on vacation also ate at the french restaurant on the same night... After seeing them in the pool a few days later we discovered that one newlywed ate the same dish as me, and was also sick for the majority of the next day. I'll leave it up to the reader to decide if that was a coincidence or not...

My biggest recommendation to DO is... take advantage of the resort credits and use them to go to the romantic dinner - we did this on our last night and actually got to see the baby turtles being released into the ocean! It was such a memorable experience.

My biggest recommendation to NOT DO is... don't get talked into visiting another resort and seeing the 'vacation club seminar'. We tried to avoid it throughout our stay but got talked into it at our final hotel because we would get a free romantic dinner, Miguel in guest services assured us it was their way of marketing and their way of getting the word out, we'd be out in 90 minutes.

We arrived at Beach Palace and spoke with a very nice man, who reassured us he was not high pressure. We were up front and honest with him that we were not in a position to make any commitments... Almost three hours later we were basically held hostage with the romantic dinner voucher dangling in front of us and getting bombarded by three sharks (excuse me, representatives). It went from a $35,000 fee at the beginning down to a $4,000 fee and a free vacation for us and 2 other couples. If it weren't for their incessant pushing, I would have considered it but neither my husband or myself wanted to buy anything from them at that point.

If it wasn't for my stomach bug and the three hour vacation club debacle, I would give this resort 5 stars without blinking an eye.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KSam2013
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

It is very rewarding to read such complementary review regarding your previous stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. It is a pleasure to know staff members like Hugo and Guillermo continue to accomplish our goal of creating memorable moments by exceeding our guests’ expectations. Please know they have been already recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. Thank you for such valuable feedback; comments like this help us to continue improving and providing an excellent service. I look forward to welcome you back in a near future and provide you another unique Le Blanc experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend part of our honeymoon at Le Blanc and we couldn't have asked for better. From the moment we arrived, we were treated impeccably and this level of service continued throughout our entire stay. The butler service was amazing and he couldn't do enough for us from filling our in room jacuzzi bath and decorating it with petals to setting soothing aromatherapy scents upon request, delivering us with yummy chocolate treats every evening and organising our return transportation to the airport. The view from the main pool of the beach is absolutely beautiful. On our first night's stroll onto the beach we saw giant sea turtles making holes in the sand to lay their eggs in! I would definitely recommend experiencing the romantic meal on the beach where you get your own private hut with a 6 course meal and flowing wine and Moët. At the end of the meal we got to release baby turtles into the sea which was absolutely magical (the hotel allows guests to do this on most nights and is apart of their conservation). The service in the restaurants was always of a very high standard with very friendly and professional waiters. The food was always beautifully presented and there was a good variety. The service by the pool was also excellent. there was always a member of staff present to help you find your sunbed, lay our towels for you, set up water bottles in an iced wine cooler for you and provide you with as many cocktails as you desire! The spa in Le Blanc is like no other I have ever been to. It is absolutely beautiful and you can lose the hours down there in the beautiful candle lit rooms with a complimentary visit to the spa, sauna, bubble foot massager, jacuzzi and plunge pool with your own member of staff to look after you (men's and women's are separate however for this). The spa treatments are also amazing and these can be done on your own or in a couple.
I would definitely recommend Le Blanc if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with breathtaking views, amazing service, flowing cocktails and sea turtles!

1  Thank Emma W

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience lived at Le Blanc Spa Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. It was a pleasure to host such special celebration as it was your honeymoon. I am glad to know you enjoyed your romantic dinner at the beach as well you had the opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime experience by participating in the baby turtle release. I hope to have the opportunity to host many more of your holidays and provide you more lifetime memories.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I will not spew a checklist category of positives versus negatives in this review of Le Blanc. Instead, I will provide an account of our experience at this resort and how that experience affected us.

There is an immeasurable joy that emanates from Le Blanc, but it is not from the white facade that is the purveying decor which identifies this resort. It is not the underlying aromatherapy that pacifies your senses, and allows you to experience an enhanced serenity. It is all of that and more; the core of Le Blanc resides within every one of it’s trained personnel. Three gardeners were struggling mightily with a potted palm, and laughing hysterically, but nonetheless completed their mission. Javier, at the terrace pool, with his partner Issac, dutifully took every precise order of salad with green apples and blue cheese, each order of seafood pizza, and every request for a cool refreshing Paloma. We had a unique mixture of embarrassed pleasure when he set up a bucket of ice water beside our sun bed which was shaded by the umbrella that he has positioned. At the main pool, where we witnessed the magnificence of the Caribbean sea, we reconnected in various ways, while Julio, Mayra, Laura and Lucinda attended to our needs, setting up chairs or umbrellas as needed and of course, taking our numerous drink orders. After the sun set on the beach side of the resort, the lagoon side offered a gentle tranquility. Raul, Gilberto and Luis offered numerous smoothies, mud slides, rum runners, Micheladas, Ojo rojos and Dos Eqquis. I slid into tranquility.

It is a transition that occurs naturally, gently, and eventually. A transition from the details of worry from everyday stress-duress to a calm inner tranquility. This transition is aided by every intimate detail that Le Blanc so amply provides. Every immaculate white towel that is reverently placed into our laps with a silver tong by the receptionist Stephanie, every word of Mayan told to us by our waiter Manuel, each beaming smile from the energetic Dio (Diogenes), and the proud acknowledgement of Fernando in the International restaurant. Their attentive concern exemplified by an astute staff, and while watching the changing blue Caribbean sea, can only lead to a more tranquil inner resolution. I reached for another mimosa.

Freshly misted, I would sit in within the cloudy rapture of the eucalyptus spa, allowing my mind to pause. Rolando attended to my needs in perfect sequential order, explaining every step of the hydrotherapy process on the road to relaxation. I emerged ready for a spa treatment, and Claudia was an ample remedy for any bout of tension. The gentle motions of oil and warm smooth stones, persuaded stiff muscles to release their tensions and to become entranced beneath her touch. My wife enjoyed a similar treatment, but was enveloped in a chocolate wrap and layered in warm blankets.

Chef “Max” transported us to far off Asian lands. The ebi maki, rolls of familiar and unfamiliar sushi, swirls from the warm miso soup, the coconut infused flavor of the Vietnamese Thai salad, and the delectable dim sum, served as tickets to foreign lands. These gastronomical portals were displayed on our plates admirably by Arinel, Roger, Imil and Elias.

Sometimes in a lifetime, we forget each other. We take for granted, the presence of our spouses, and we see them for their faults, not their attributes. Le Blanc allowed me to see once more, allowed me to see the humor in her soul, the tremor of her skin and the eminence of her love. Of course, I was greatly aided by the efforts of Fernando and Caesar, our butlers on the third floor. They planned their evening arrangement just after our meal at the Lumiere french restaurant, and decorated our room with an anniversary banner, red balloon, chocolate dipped strawberries, an anniversary cookie and the requisite bottle of champagne. We were blown away.

Thank you Le Blanc. But most of all, thank you to all of the staff; all of the people who touched our hearts and souls and brought us into a magical world, one week that will echo into a lifetime.

5  Thank KarlLee105
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you very much for such kind words. In Le Blanc Spa Resort our mission is to create memorable moments by exceeding our guest’s expectations. It is a pleasure to know our staff continues to accomplish this goal everyday by providing an outstanding service, like Javier, Isaac, Julio, Mayra, Lucinda, Raul and Gilberto by the beach and pool side creating a relaxed and pampered ambiance; Stephanie, Manuel, Diogenes and Fernando with their outstanding attentiveness at the International restaurant; Rolando and Claudia at the spa; Max, Ariel, Roger, Imil and Elias at BlancOriental; and last but not least Fernando and César for taking care of your everyday needs and making of your anniversary day a lifetime memory. Please know they all have been congratulated for the amazing service provided during your stay. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you back in a near future and provide you many more memorable holidays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
1 mi away
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
#4 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!