“Heaven in earth”

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GDL JAL
“Heaven in earth”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

what else can I say! I've had a speldid weekend at cancun at this all-inclusive spa-hotel. The food is of very high quality and the place is all you need to enjoy. The rooms are clean and neat. Room service is fast and beverages are real brands you already know.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gastrolab
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous vacation. I am glad to know that our food selection, comfortable rooms, and beverage quality encountered made of your stay a unique and memorable experience. We look forward to welcome you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,650)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I needed a week away for rest and relaxation. We couldn't have picked a better spot!! The resort was beautiful and the very tranquil. We can't say enough about the staff. We expected a lot, but received even more than we could have imagined. The whole place was amazing and the amenities were incredible. If you want to get away and relax, then we would definitely recommend Le Blanc. We wish we could have stayed for several more day, the only bad thing was when we had to leave.

2 Thank lmarrasmith1
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
First and foremost allow me to thank you for your kind comments. I am very glad to read that your overall experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort was a success, due to the relaxing ambiance, our friendly staff and incredible amenities enjoyed during your stay with us. We all look forward to welcome you again to provide you another memorable experience!
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We just got back from Le Blanc yesterday. Prior to our trip I utilized trip advisor quite a bit and so it’s time to pay forward to future travelers.

If you’re thinking about booking a vacation at this resort there will not be regrets, go ahead and do it because it is a wonderful hotel with amazing delicious food and amazing staff that will make your stay unbelievably memorable. There will always be your typical complainers but for the majority (including myself as quite a discerning traveler) I was quite impressed.

TIPS FOR FUTURE TRAVELERS

Prior to your stay download the Le blanc App on itunes. With this app even prior to your arrival you can browse the spa menu, services provided by your butler, restaurants and menus etc. This will allow you to plan your vacation better. And when you get there everything (including wake up calls, room service and butler services) can be ordered directly through your phone!

Your room rate comes with a butler so USE their services. They are wonderful people, very knowledgeable and can be great sources of info. Also utilize them to unpack and pack for you. Draw up a Jacuzzi bath each night. Set up a different aromatherapy experience each night. If you are out for a day they can get you a boxed lunch (including day of travel back home). They will also iron for you and shine your shoes. And use your pillow menu…

The staff is simply amazing. I have stayed at plenty of Ritz Carlton, St.. Regis and Monarch hotels and the service here blows them out of the water! So PLEASE tip them. Bring plenty of $1 and $5 bills and please recognize their hard work. They will wait on you hand and foot and do just about anything to make their guests happy. They are humble and a joy to have around so please recognize this with gratuities. They will never expect a tip and are so appreciative when you present them with one.

The romantic dinner on the beach is a MUST! But please book it about 2 weeks prior to your arrival. You can call the hotel toll free # and book it. They will send a confirmation. There are only a few cabanas on the beach so if you wait all of the nights will be booked up. There is a 7:30pm and 9:30pm time each night. Cost $450US, resort credits can be used.

You will gain on average 5 to 10 lbs per week on your stay. The food is rich, delicious and I’m sure filled with calories. So either lose weight prior or you can work out daily at their amazing gym. After agym workout use the spa hydrotherapy (it’s free for use) and really worth it!

As for entertainment this resort is mostly for couples wanting a quiet relaxed time without too much entertainment or crazy chaos. But when you check in ask for an activity guide for the week. On it every night usuall at 7pm or 8pm at the lobby they have someone playing a musical instrument which is lovely to listen to with a drink prior to dinner. Also go to the fire show and Michael Jackson show. These are quite good (btter than expected for sure!) Also 3rd floor there is a night club where they have a DJ weekend nights and also karaoke. Overall fun! If you need more a club party scene walk about 2 mins on the right of the hotel and you have senor frogs etc and all the typical bar, club scene.

In the evenings they have couches on the beach and romantic music playing. It’s so nice to sit there after dinner and watch the evening waves. Very romantic!

French restaurant tasting menu is delicious and a great experience! Give it a try…

Also the oriental restaurant ask for the taster platter to start (it’s not on the menu and a great combination of everything..yum!)

There is always stress about the weather! Especially during the rainy season June – October. Mostly it will be sunny and really the weather was nice and tolerable. Humidity and heat not too bad at Le Blanc because you get the ocean breeze that is very cooling. Check the weather.com weather report. It will say T-storms daily but it will daily you percent chance of rain. One day had a 60% chance rain and really it rained once mid afternoon for literally 5 mins and then suddenly the clouds were goner and skies bright and sunny again! If the chance of rain is 50% or less there is a very good chance there will be NO rain that day. Weather was absolutely beautiful and waters so warm and perfect for swimming.

Yes you have to wear a wrist tag during your stay but it is soft, discrete and clear color. How else will they know you’re a guest? It’s not bothersome at all.

Room cleaning will clean your room about 3 times a day. So they’re always knocking on your door which can be annoying. So remember to place the “do not disturb” sign when you want to be left alone and it’ll work like a charm!

Overall very good value for your money! There are many reviews here that say the hotel is run down, some walls are discolored etc. This is very subtle but yes it is present in places. But it is difficult to maintain an all white pure appearance right next to the salt water sea! Even Ritz Carltons by the ocean (last one I stayed at was at Laguna Niguel, CA) shows age. But for all the amazing food (truly delicious including lots of seafood and caviar) and unlimited alcohol you would never get these rates at a Ritz. You cannot compare $600-$800 a night here ALL inclusive to the same rates at other 5 star hotels for only the room.

TO MANAGEMENT AT LE BLANC

Overall you need to be so proud of your staff! It is because of their hard work that guests keep coming back to your resort! So please reward and recognize their work often!

Please mention to guests upon arrival that although gratuities are never expected from staff that they are very appreciated. Your staff need to have their hard work recognized…a wonderful group of people I was so very impressed with!

There are some areas of discoloration on the walls that need frequent re-painting. For example at B;anc International the tables by the window if you look up at the ceiling it needs repainting.
Also your room closet doors are often discolored from a lot of handling so need frequent touching up.

Have all your hostesses ask guests where they would prefer to sit. At Blanc Italia your hostess wanted to seat us by the kitchen doors and when I suggested another location she appeared “unhappy” which was inappropriate.

Please play some music at the pools. It can be a soft rock type but otherwise without music it’s too quiet. The music doesn’t need to be blasting but enough to be enjoyed.

One day of the week it would be nice to have a DJ playing for just 2-3 hours at the main pool so guests can dance and drink and enjoy a DJ party. And maybe with that you can host a BBQ lunch.

Please make sure the staff know the times to cal for wake up calls. One night they woke us up accidentally at 4:30am instead of the 7:30am wake up call. Any wake up call from midnight to 7am needs to be verbally double checked with the guest prior to calling.

Please have your room cleaning restock the shampoos and conditioners daily. They forget to do this.

Pre-guest room check please have staff check to make sure the Jacuzzi and closet doors and showers etc are working properly.

Teach your staff more about how the app works for the iphone. When I placed some orders on it room service and wake up call people did get confused once or twice on the times specified.

We were darker skinned so staff often presumed we were Spanish and would speak to us this way. Please have them address each guest in English first and if the guest wants to engage in Spanish they will. We constantly had to correct them and tell them we didn’t speak Spanish.

Overall truly amazing experience. The small points above were miniscule compared to the overall excellent class of service at Le Blanc. I now know what heaven or being an A list celebrity must feel like after staying here. We will be back soon! gracias!

PS...Check out the pics I uploaded to get an idea of the beauty that will surround you!

Room Tip: Please pay a little extra and get the oceanfront honeymoon suite...very worth the $$! A higher fl...
1 Thank Paris167
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for taking the time to share your comments and suggestions with Trip Advisor followers. It is truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was a unique experience and that you were pleased with our in-room amenities and butler’s personalized service. I am glad to know that you had a great experience at each of our restaurants, with special mention of our French restaurant Lumiere and also at our Oriental restaurant in which you were able to enjoy a delicious tasting menu with a perfectly combined taster platter. It is really satisfying to know that you were able to enjoy the live concerts at our lobby, the Michael Jackson tribute performed at our Blanc Stage bar and the fire show at our buffet dinner. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member. All these people that made of your stay a unique and memorable experience are Le Blanc’s strongest asset, and we are very proud of every member of our staff. Please accept my apologies if we were not able to fulfill all your expectations. I assure you that immediate actions have been taken to avoid futures discontents regarding these matters. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have a Palace Resort membership and have visited all of them. Le Blanc is the VERY BEST by far! The hotel is immaculately maintained with a beautiful infinity pool and garden pool, the beach is a beautiful white sand beach (no seaweed no stones!) with crystal clear calm water. The most wonderful thing about Le Blanc is the warm, friendly staff - everyone was so kind and attentive to our every need! A special thank you to our favourite waiter - Raphael, who from the time we first met him to our departure provided exceptional service, as did the rest of the resort staff! The restaurants were amazing! For those looking for a pampered, peaceful, luxurious, relaxing and romantic vacation, choose Le Blanc! Thank you for making our vacation the most special and memorable one! We look forward to returning soon!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sandra W
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Allow me to thank you for such motivational feedback regarding Le Blanc Spa Resort. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the infinity pool and the amazing beach that only Cancun has to offer. Please be sure that Rafael has been already congratulated for the exceptional service provided, it is very rewarding to know that every member of our staff made your stay special and memorable.
We all look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a lovely week at Le Blanc! Upon arrival we were welcomed with cold, scented hand towels and coconut milk to cool us off! We sat down in wonderful chairs for check in and we were hooked! Our personal Butler took us up to our room with a heavenly view of the ocean! All-inclusive and delicious food! Spa was excellent! We had 5 restaurants to choose from and every night it was wonderful! I love the scented pillows and the wonderful service we received from all the staff! We did not want to leave, this was a true relaxing vacation with no need to leave the resort! Did I mention that the service on the beach is excellent also? Please have the romantic dinner on the beach in the private cabana! The lobster and steak were delicious! We will definitely return for more spoiling!! I loved staying here!

Room Tip: I love the ocean view room!
6 Thank Val J
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as your destination for your previous vacation. We are glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us since the moment you walked in due to our welcome amenities, the quality of the food, spa services, and the outstanding service provided by our staff members. I am glad to know that your stay was full of relaxing moments and that your special dinner at the beach was perfect & romantic. We are looking forward to welcome you home soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2013

First visit to Cancun. Didn't have too much expectation b/c I thought it was where college kids go for spring break. I'm in my 30's and me and wife wanted to have a peaceful vacation. Well, I know why they go now b/c Cancun is a beautiful destination. The color of the sea is so blue! On top of it, Le Blanc was just an icing on the cake. I didn't expect such a luxurious all-inclusive hotel. Fairly expensive but worth the extra cost.

Pros: The best experience came from the outstanding service. Staff checked to make sure we are well hydrated with alcohol :) while laying down by the pool, beach, and cabana. The bartenders at the pool went out of their way to ask us for drinks and brought out different ones when we couldn't choose. Servers at the restaurants were very polite as well which was very professional since they don't work for tips. Gym was nicely setup to get a good work out done to burn off the massive calories consumed the previous day. I still dream about the beautiful pool and cabana (which we rented free from resort credit).

Cons: We stayed at the honeymoon suite on 2nd fl which was so-so. The room was descent but I expected a much better view. We had a close view of the infinity pool and so did the ppl there of our room. Food was mediocre but it's all inclusive so that's understandable.

Overall, It was an extraordinary resort at a beautiful Cancun. Can't wait until I go back!

I wrote a comparison b/w LB vs Live Aqua on Cancun Forum for those of you who are debating these two properties: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k6603001-Le_Blanc_vs_Live_Aqua_my_personal_experience-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank taken2013
I am very glad to know that your overall stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort was filled with many memorable experience, highlighted by the outstanding service of our staff members, pool & beach area and gym facilities. I would like to apologize for not being able to succeed your expectation regarding your room and the quality of our cuisine. Feedbacks like yours help us realize the areas that need improvement in order to provide the best experience to all our guests. Thank you for the comments posted on Cancun Forum, I am sure your review will be very helpful for future guests. It will be a pleasure for us to host you again soon!
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my second trip to this amazing resort. I went last September for my birthday and just I took my mom June 8-15 to celebrate her 60th birthday. I can't say enough about the superior level of service and pampering that can be experienced at Le Blanc but I will try. I have to say that the best part about the resort is the staff. You are greeted by smiling faces everywhere you go, from the doorman Raul to the butlers (ours were Jesus & Israel), the check in staff, concierge (Roger), pool staff, bar staff, waiters, hostesses and spa staff. Almost everyone remembered either our faces or our names and by the second day they remembered our names if they didn't already remember. Everyone is genuinely pleased to help you in whatever way possible.

The other wonderful thing about Le Blanc is that you can have almost anything you like. There are so many choices to create the vacation you want. You can choose to relax by the pool or beach every day or you can go on tours, shopping, clubbing or even visit other Palace resorts. We went to the Beach Palace down the road and found it much more crowded but the roof top pool bar was nice. We had a shot called a white coral and it was delicious! We also took a tour to Isla Mujeres which was nice and we went to the Captain Hook pirate dinner which was a ton of fun. We went to Daddy O's our last night and it wasn't my mom's speed but I had a blast. We chose to spend most of our time at the pools and beach and most evenings were spent at the third floor club for the great entertainment options such as the Michael Jackson show and the Grease show or the moon pool for the cool fire show. The entertainment coordinator was so much fun and I believe his name was Alfonso but I could be wrong. I wish I could remember everyone's name because they all deserve a mention for great service above and beyond expectations.

There are also amazing food choices and our favorite option is the Blanc International with our waiters Fernando, Jesus, Armand, Eli & Manuel. Even the hostesses were extremely friendly and welcoming. I miss that! The Italian restaurant was nice as well and the manager, Marco, came over to personally ask us how our meal was going. All of the food is top notch and delicious. The lunch buffet at International has so many options as well as the breakfast buffet. We had breakfast in the room a couple times and it was right on time and perfect. You can order room service 24hours if you desire.

The spa was absolute heaven and the pre-treatment hydro therapy makes the experience even better if you have time. The spa hostess we had was wonderful but I can't remember her name. I had an amazing massage from Patricia and also a hot stone massage from Marta (?) I had a mani/pedi in the salon from Patricia and Irena (?) I also had the scalp treatment and eyebrow wax from Claudia. I recommend the scalp treatment because it was like having a head massage. I left the spa feeling like jello both days that I visited.

My favorite thing to do was to hit the beach because I love the ocean there. It reminds me of Miami but more peaceful. The lifeguard is really friendly and his name is Fernando. The beach concierge and pool concierge service is unequalled. They set you up with a towel and an umbrella if you need it right away. I'd like to mention that Jeannette, Lucinda, & Laura were great! The sun pool and pool bar was another favorite place. Many guests congregate there but it's not overcrowded. The pool is large enough to find your quit place if you need it or you can swim up to the bar to join a lively group and have drink or shot suggestions from the bar tenders -Ivan & Felipe are the names I remember but there were more names I wish I did. I had so much fun learning new drinks like the Hemingway daiquiri (with grapefruit) or the dr. pepper (modelo & a shot of amaretto) and chatting with other guests when I wanted to socialize. I met so many fun and interesting people. That's also a great way to get and share trip advice. I loved chatting with all of the staff as well and they have a lot of great tips to offer too.

Our room was great and our butlers Jesus and Israel were very accommodating. They had a special cake waiting upon our arrival for my mom's birthday but it took us a while to notice that it said happy honeymoon instead of birthday, which was funny and corrected right away. They unpacked out bags for us while we grabbed lunch because our flight was delayed a couple hours and we were hungry and wanted some sun! It was wonderful to come back to a room that was all set up. The best part is that you can say no if you're not interested in this service. We didn't need it on our first stay but this was such a help this time around.

Overall I cannot recommend this resort enough! I don't have a single negative thing to say and I miss it already. The pampering stays with you long after you leave but it keeps you longing to return as well. I wish I could be there right now.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First of all allow me to thank you for giving us the pleasure of reading such detailed and complete review, which motivates us to continue giving our best day by day. It is truly rewarding to know that your second visit to Le Blanc Spa Resort was full of relaxing moments and that your mother’s birthday was a unique and memorable experience. Since your arrival, with the welcoming attitude of our door man Raul, the prompt assistance of your concierge Roger as well as the personalized service of your butlers Jesus & Israel was the starting point of this amazing vacation. I am glad to know that you were able to enjoy our sister resort Beach Palace the wide variety of tours provided and Le Blanc’s evening activities, coordinated professionally by Alfonso. It is great to see that you were pleased with our food selection especially at our Blanc International restaurant where the Manager Marco and your waiters Fernando, Jesus, Armando, Eli & Manuel provided you a professional service every time. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding the relaxing experience lived at our spa facilities and the special mention of Martha, Patricia, Irena and Claudia who provided you professional assistance during your spa treatments. Please be sure that our pool & beach staff Jeanette, Lucinda & Laura, our friendly lifeguard Hernando as well as our bartenders Ivan & Felipe will receive your greetings. It will be a true pleasure to serve you again for another unforgettable experience