“The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Tomball, Texas
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just back and had an amazing time.. The staff, the view, the beach, the food and drink... what a place. I actually slipped and fractured my foot on my 2nd last day and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. To Leslie who is amazing anyway and all over everything that's going on to our butler and our little waiter in the International rest. who would make me little things with napkins to make me smile ... what an great place and they do a wonderful job. First Class trip - even with the broken foot!!!! :)

Room Tip: The beach view is amazing...
1 Thank julsintx
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
First of all, I truly hope you are in better conditions now. It is a pleasure to know that you were able to experience an amazing time during your recent stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort, despite the unfortunate situation lived, due to the excellent views, food and beverages selection and specially the attentive service provided by our staff. We will be more than glad to welcome you again and provide you another memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,568)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Well, where to start?? From the beginning email correspondence with the front desk manager, Gerardo, to our parting words from the doorman, Raul, this resort, the staff, the food, the rooms, the pools, the beach...ALL INCREDIBLE!!

IMO, every believable review should contain areas of improvement, so I'll start with those first.

WINE: Every bar and restaurant has a wonderful variety of top shelf spirits and a specialty martini list that would rival the trendiest bars anywhere in the world. However, the house wine is the same served at all Palace resorts, and although drinkable, not comparable to the upgraded spirit list.

BALCONY: The vast majority of rooms only have a French balcony (sliding glass doors leading out to approx. 1.5 feet of space suitable only for STANDING and admiring the spectacular views) Do not expect to enjoy breakfast on your balcony, a private sunbathing session or a late night cigar unless you upgrade to one of a very few Jr. suites.

LOBSTER??: Very simply, NONE. The fact that lobster is not found on any menu is very curious because the dishes served throughout the resort are not only visual art but they use high quality ingredients and I found that everything was seasoned PERFECTLY. Lobster is an indulgence that this resort should definitely put on its menus.

So why Le Blanc? Upon arrival we were given a pager, offered an opportunity to change clothes in the spa and informed that, although our suite was not quite ready, we could enjoy the amenities until our pager notification signaled check in. Once in our room our Butler, Francisco, gave us the verbal "cliff notes" of the resort, offered to unpack our bags and to even do simple ironing should it be needed. I communicated my excitement to see snack potato chips stocked in the room and later that day we returned to the room to find extra bags of my favorite snack. Our butler had a memory like a steel trap, remembering minor things in casual conversation which later manifested as thoughtful surprises left in our room. Javier, our evening butler, prepped a Jacuzzi and, upon our request, had it awaiting our return from dinner. Water was the perfect temperature (how do they DO that?) and our personalized bath salts were the perfect complement. Even the tap water in the bathrooms didn't have the typical sulfur smell common in many of the filtration systems throughout Mexican resorts.

Poolside service offered a full printed menu not just "snacks" and stand ice buckets are kept filled with your choice of cold drinks (water, beer, bottled wine) and plenty of ice which meant no more drinks left to become warm in the hot sun. Shade umbrellas and towels were brought upon request, which meant none of the umbrella wars, typical at most resorts.

Each meal was something from a 4 star restaurant and I never felt I had to limit myself to a single item in each course, often choosing both soups, two desserts, or pairing an appetizer with my main course. Even the casual lunch buffet featured selections available to be cooked to order "Mongolian grill style" like giant T-bone steaks and salmon filets.

Yoga in the lagoon pavilion, AQUA spinning classes (yep, bikes right down in the pool), better than above average "hotel" fitness center all reasons "why Le Blanc?".

My experience already has me planning my next trip.

Room Tip: Want a proper balcony, upgrade to a jr. suite. They have two balconies, one French, one sit-out and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your overall experience with all trip advisor followers. It is a pleasure to know that you experienced a relaxing and unique moment from the warm welcome of our doorman Raul, to the attentive service provided during your entire stay. It is great to see that you were able to enjoy our perfectly seasoned food selection, top shelf liquors, special martinis, gym activities, fitness center, and the attentive service of your butlers Francisco and Javier, who always provided you an outstanding service. We will be honored to have you as our guest again to provide you another amazing experience.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been to Le Blanc 3 times now & I would rate it Excellent each time. The service at most of the Palace Resorts/Hard Rock are pretty good but Le Blanc blows them away. The attention to detail, service, accomendations etc... is why they continue to have a 5 diamond rating. If you are a couple this is the place to go, period!

1 Thank curtthegolfdude
It is so rewarding to receive such kind comments, and even more when they come from a repetitive guest as yourself. I am very proud of each member of our team, due to the fact that they are the reason for which we have received the 5 diamond award, for 3 consecutive years. We will continue providing our guests unique and memorable experiences, and will be so glad to welcome you again to pamper you in a near future.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I love this place -- it's just wonderful. A few things changed this time around that were a bit disappointing thus the reduction from previous reviews:

1) Gone is the Barefoot wine as a simple and reliable house wine. This approach just seemed to drive me and the rest of your guests to consume more expensive top shelf cocktails at the bar prior to and during dinner. OK by me but I think a poor business decision on your part.

2) Dealing with the spa this year was a nightmare. More than one of the services my wife received was unacceptable. Accordingly, she decided to cancel some of the other services we had scheduled -- amongst those a pedicure for her and a manicure and pedicure for me. We had been told when we scheduled our spa services after checking in that we would be able to cancel anything we scheduled simply by notifying the spa 24 hours in advance -- this seemed reasonable. My wife requested that they cancel her pedicure on Monday. On Tuesday when I checked it was still scheduled and I requested again that it be cancelled. On Wednesday I checked again -- still there -- and requested it be cancelled again prior to my wife showing up to the spa for other services. When I asked to see the bill afterwards nobody wanted to show me the bill and it was a nightmare to get anybody to help me, and, not surprsingly, there on the bill was the pedicure that my wife never had and had cancelled numerous times. I had to wait to speak with somebody about this, and then needed to wait for that person to have her manager approve removing a service my wife never had and had cancelled repeared from the bill. Huh? Very clear -- nobody there cares.

Beyond this my wife was not happy with her massage. The spa staff provided her a comment card and she told them as much by choosing "regular" on the card. When I later left the spa the spa representative told me my wife wasn't thrilled with her massage and showed me her card, and informed me that my wife, after speaking with them, my wife had changed her mind and changed her comments to "very good" or whatever the middle rating was as "regular" is the worst rating they have. In examining the card very clearly "regular" had been crossed out with the higher rating selected. In discussing this with my wife she informed me that she never changed anything on the card. The staff had simply decided to change the comment card. I was already annoyed -- this topped it off. I'll come back again to LeBlanc but it is unlikely I will ever step foot in the spa again. My sneaking suspicion is the staff there have given up as so many people are just going there to burn their resort credits. We weren't using resort credits. When I'm paying $44 for a pedicure or $240 for a massage I should be freaking thrilled -- not screaming at people. Not how I want to behave or be treated on vacation. So the spa -- stay away. You changing her rating is what has resulted in me changing my rating. You moved her rating up. I'm moving your rating down.

Perhaps a $1500 resort credit isn't such a good idea if it means the staff isn't going to treat the services as if people are actually paying that kind of money for the services.

All that being said, the staff outside the spa is simply amazing. As in the past staff remembered us and treated us extarordinarily well. Mario -- thanks for taking care of us again this year at breakfast and that one day poolside. Aldo from the French Restaurant -- you are amazing. I forget the name of the gentleman who took care of us at the upstairs pool for several days on end -- you were beyond great -- you made the entire trip. Not giving me grief about having my toenails painted flourescent orange is beyond what I think coud have been expected of anyone. If you were making fun of me thanks for doing it privately and just being super cool about it. Manuel (Emanuel?) from the Italian restaurant -- how you remembered we were from NY is shocking to me. Lucinda, Jeanette, Raul behind the bar and everyone else who took care of us poolside and remembered us from years past -- thank you. To the bellman (I've forgotten your name as well -- apologies) thanks for having cold towels waiting as we returned from our daily run! It is for all of you that we will continue to make LeBlanc our home base in Cancun for many years to come.

Room Tip: Lagoon side rooms are surprisingly nice and quiet and the view is spectacular at night. This was ou...
6 Thank Waytansea
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Receive my kindest greetings from Cancun,

First of all, allow me to thank you for sharing with us the experience lived at Le Blanc Spa Resort. In the name of all our team, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences encountered at your recent stay with us, such as the poor selection of all inclusive wines, and the uncomfortable and unacceptable experience lived at our spa facilities. Allow me to let you know that immediate actions have been taken together with our Spa Manager, to guarantee that all our guests will receive a relaxing and amazing experience at our spa facilities. We will make sure that all our spa members are properly qualified to provide a quality service and prevent future discontents regarding this matter. It is so comforting to know that despite the incidents lived, you were able to enjoy your overall vacation, due to the excellent service provided by Mario every morning; Aldo at Lumiere our French restaurant; Manuel who remember you from previous visits; Lucinda, Jeanette and Raul our poolside attendants; and all the staff members who made of your third stay another memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity welcome you again and present you the improvements made due to your valuable feedback
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

What an amazing holiday!!! We chose the Le Blanc after our son and daughter in law raved about it when they went there on their honeymoon. It lived up to every expectation and more! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the treatment we received from all areas was just first class. We upgraded to the royal honeymoon suite for an ocean view and this was well worth it. I emailed the hotel beforehand asking for several requests regarding our room and all my requests were granted.
What can I say about the staff? They were simply brilliant without exception and worked incredibly hard to make our holiday so brilliant and always had a smile on their faces. We would like to give a special mention to our butlers Joel and Antonio who couldn't do more for us if they tried. Nothing was too much trouble for them and every night we returned to our room to the gorgeous smell of aromatherapy that our butler had done for us.
Also a special mention to Laura, Javier and Lucy at the main pool. They worked tirelessly all day to ensure we had everything we needed and also spent time chatting with us as if we were old friends. They worked so hard all the time.
There are many more we could mention, the management at Le Blanc should be extremely proud of all their staff as they are a main reason why we would return there again.
We have no negative comments to make but would just make an observation and that is that although all restaurants are magnificent it would be nice to have a buffet one in the evening so that occasionally you could choose your own food in your own time.
Finally, if you get a chance to go then go!!! You will not regret it.
So thanks to all management and staff at Le Blanc for making our holiday the best ever. It,s a really long flight for us but we'll worth it!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Judith W
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
On behalf of Le Blanc Spa Resort I would like to thank you for this encouraging review. I am happy to know that you received an amazing service even after your arrival, and that our team was able to fulfill your expectations according your preferences and needs. I will specially recognize those members that due to their exceptional work, made of your stay a wonderful journey, such as your butlers Joel and Antonio for their attentiveness and special attention to details; Laura, Javier and Lucy our pool staff, who work tirelessly everyday. Our team is the key that gives us the tools to provide our guests a unique and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your suggestion regarding a dinner buffet, all comments are taking in consideration to improve and be better everyday. We will all be more than happy to have you as our guests one more time in a near future.
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Le Blanc for our 23rd anniversary. It was our first trip to Cancun and our first stay - but not our last - at Le Blanc. The resort is not only visually beautiful, but the staff is incredible - warm, gracious, friendly, professional and always willing to go the extra mile. Any resort - and there are many - in Cancun can have beautiful rooms. What sets Le Blanc apart is the staff - from the front desk, to your room butler to the pool concierge to the wait staff to the bartenders - they are a delight. Le Blanc is an adults only, all-inclusive resort with an amazing spa that you should not miss. It has 3 pools - an infinity pool overlooking the beach, the lagoon pool which is quieter and less populated and the 3rd floor terrace pool that is near the cafe'/pizzeria. There are 4 restaurants plus the Terrace Cafe' - Asian, Italian, International and French. Only the French restaurant requires reservations because it is the smallest of the 4. We never had to wait to be seated, even when the restaurant choice of the evening was busy. We chose a lagoon view room this time because we didn't want to wake with the sunrise - but the blackout drapes would be fine for either lagoon or ocean view. Our daytime butler, Israel, unpacked our clothes while we went out to the pool - a nice luxury! When it was time to go home, Israel beautifully re-packed our luggage for the return trip. Our evening butler, Jesus, surprised us on our anniversary with a filled, warm Jacuzzi surrounded by rose petals, champagne chilling, truffles and a gorgeous flower arrangement! He hadn't even given us a hint that he had planned this for us - we were touched and delighted - and enjoyed it all! I joked with my husband that we'd have to stay on since we were forgetting how to do things for ourselves! In spite of all liquor - premium brand hard liquor, wine and beer - being included in the cost (you never pay for anything), we never saw anyone intoxicated or unruly. A resort for real grownups! Don't miss any opportunity to stay at Le Blanc - it will be a treat you'll remember for a long time!

Room Tip: You'd be hard pressed to choose a "bad" room - but ours was on a higher floor and we l...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such important celebration as your 23rd anniversary. It is good to know that we were your first choice in Cancun, and that we did not disappoint you. It is a pleasure to read that your enjoyed the unpacking service provided by your butler Israel, and that Jesus surprised you with a special set up at your room for you anniversary celebration. Allow me to assure you that they will receive your greetings and will be congratulated for the outstanding service provide during your stay. We will be waiting for your return to provide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

You can't go wrong with Le Blanc! My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for a long weekend get-away, and were extremely pleased the entire time. The only comments I have (not complaints!) are, 1- stay in an ocean view room above the 2nd floor (we had a view of the backside of the outdoor grill), and 2- be prepared for somewhat slower service by the pool and beach. We were not in any hurry, so the slower service didn't bother us, but if you're an impatient type, just make sure to get a server's attention right away.
Otherwise, nothing but luxury, great service, exemplary staff, and beautiful surroundings! We would definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I truly appreciate the kind words written in this review. It is so rewarding to know that your recent stay was full of luxury and great service. Thank you for bringing to my attention the areas of opportunity encountered during your recent stay, due to the slow service perceived at our pool areas. We will be waiting for your return and the opportunity to present the improvements made due to your valuable comments.