“All inclusive, adults only, what's not to like?”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is not the Ritz-Carlton but comes pretty close. If you are looking for a relatively economical, all inclusive resort to get away from it all (including children via the adults only policy) this is the place to go. The staff is genuinely friendly. The butler service is a nice touch. Be prepared for the commercialization of the check in process which is off putting after a day of travel. After check in a host or hostess takes you to a separate desk, tells you about your resort credit and tries to get you to attend a time share sales pitch. Who wants that at a five star location? On a positive note the spa is the place to use your resort credit. You can get any service you can imagine even a fish spa treatment.
The property is beautiful. If you have the least expensive "lagoon view" you will have great views of the sunset. The next level "partial ocean view", even from only the second floor, gave us great views of the ocean. If you have the top of the line ocean view room you will have a great view of two pools, the ocean and sunrise. The food was good. Take the time to go to the French fusion restaurant Luminaire even though it requires a reservation.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the room a generous size. Ironically the internet strength was terrible in our room but great by the pool. Unless it is the middle of the night, it's certainly not a hassle to use the internet poolside. Virtually from sunrise to well beyond sunset you will be continually asked if you want something to drink. Also by the pool during the prime time of the day there are waves of different types of snacks brought to you ranging from tacos to fruit kebobs to popcicles. It is possible to never leave the pool for lunch and end up too full for dinner. Over 5 days and 4 nights we never left the resort except walks on the beach. We felt very safe. In case all this talk of food concerns you about your wastline the gym is very nice.
From a design standpoint one irritant is that ash trays are set right next to the main entrance to the lobby off the main pool deck. Naturally smokers congregate in this area so sometimes one has to run a smoke gauntlet to get thru the door. Otherwise the inside of the resort is smoke free.
Finally the mixture of guests was diverse. We saw many Asian guests, guests considerably younger than us and considerable older. The man characteristic the guests had in common was friendliness. Several weddings each day add to the festiveness.
Whether you are considering Le Blanc for your wedding, honeymoon or a get away from it all trip you will not be dissappointed. Have fun!

3  Thank Mike D
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

It is definitely a pleasure to know that you chose Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. Thank you for sharing such valuable tips with all Trip Advisor readers regarding our French restaurant “Lumiere”, our relaxing spa treatments, room accommodations and special snacks and drinks provided at our pool area throughout the day. I deeply appreciate all the motivational comments made about our staff, as well as for bringing to my attention all the areas of opportunity found during your stay. Please be sure that proper actions will be taken to prevent future discontents in these situations. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon, and present you all the improvements made to fulfill your needs.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Me and my husband picked Le Blanc for our honeymoon and after a long flight and very long wait for luggage we were so grateful to arrive at Le Blanc and be greeted with a refreshing coconut milk and cold towel, check in was smooth and within no time at all we were in our room looking at an amazing ocean view (recommend 7th floor). Our butlers during our stay were Jesus and Israel....both did an excellent job and were always around to answer any queries or help with bookings, Israel is a genuinely nice person and we really enjoyed talking with him, he was always smiling and happy. I fainted while out in cancun one evening (possibly heatstroke) when we got back to the hotel Israel was genuinely concerned and asked me how I was the next day and if we wanted to see the medic.

The pool service is very good and in particular we have to thank Lucinda because she was very helpful,hardworking and again very happy and did everything with a smile.

In the International restaurant the two girls that seat you were always fun and had a laugh and joke with us. Fernado was one of our favourite waiters, very good.

Overall service cannot be faulted and the pools and rooms are wonderful.

A few cons for us were the spa like music by the pool, something more upbeat would maybe be better. An outdoor bar would be good to sit around in the evening rather than having to sit in the lobby for after dinner drinks.

Thanks to all at Le Blanc who made us welcome and ensured a stress free and amazing honeymoon.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura K

Thank you very much for your review about Le Blanc Spa Resort and for mentioning so many positive elements about us. I am glad that the personalized service provided by our amazing staff was key on making your honeymoon celebration a memorable and unique experience full of outstanding memories. It will de a pleasure to personally congratulate Jesus, Israel, Fernando and Lucinda whom with their attitude and excellent service made of your stay a stress free experience. I hope that other readers can find your comments useful. It will be a privilege to welcome you back in Le Blanc Spa Resort in a near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a way too brief first stay at Le Blanc for my 40th. Only now can I truly understand why people come back and write pages about Le Blanc on TA. I will keep it brief: they nail the details. From the mind-blowing variety and quality of food, to the pristine conditions of the grounds, to the excellent gym facilities and classes, to the incredibly warm and welcoming staff what can never do enough for you. I could write on and on about the details, but other have before me. If you're serious about going, do it- I can't imagine being disappointed with a stay at Le Blanc. If you're still not sure, send me instead- I'll write you a book about it!

Room Tip: We had 6th floor oceanview honeymoon suite. Great room. However, the lagoon side also looks nice a...
1  Thank David02067

First and foremost allow me to mention that it is always a pleasure to be chosen as a host for a special celebration and it was a real pleasure to make your 40th birthday celebration a trip to remember, during which you were able enjoy excellent service from our staff, luxurious and serene atmosphere as well as quality and variety of food options. Our commitment is to make every guest’s experience as exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay with us. We are waiting for your return and for the opportunity to pamper you again in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm going to skip all the parts about how beautiful this place is, how unreal the service is, etc. Not because it all isn't true, but because you've probable read that 10 times by now so I'll try to hit some stuff you haven't read. Having said that, I would like to acknowledge GM Andreas Schmidt for being very responsive and helpful to any questions you may have, and newly appointed Head Pool Concierge Lucinda. If we all loved our job half as much as she seems to, the world would be better off. Now, onto Resort Credits and all the stuff I did...

Resort Credit System

Based on your length of stay you get a set amount of "Resort Credits" to spend as you wish. In our case we got $2,000. Of this there are limits to where you can spend some of it, for example, the spa only allows up to $650 to be used. You can use it to get fancier wines, romantic couple dinners on the beach, room upgrades, and various tours. For those of you that have been to Le Blanc before you will remember that the tours and all wines were just included and you didn't have to worry about it. The only real upside I saw to the credit system was that the Spa was never included before, so now you can at least get some massages etc, even if it's limited. Also, don't get too excited about how far your credit will go, the spa prices are inflated accordingly. The massages are more pricey than Vegas spas so you will burn through it pretty fast. I think my wife managed a massage, facial, and one couples massage for us to the tune of $610. Also, when you talk to the "Vacation Planners" to schedule the use of your credits, they will hit you up for a "talk" where they will try to sell you a membership. She wasn't too pushy, but it's off putting. Anyway, just a heads up. I should mention that I did meet several members who seemed generally happy with their memberships to Palace Resorts so maybe it would've been worth listening to. Anyway, they'll spot you a free trip to Xcaret or something similar if you're willing to give up the couple hours. The final MAJOR thing to know about the resort credits, is that they are not free to use. There is a 11% tax charge for all the credits you spend that you will have to pay in cash upon your checkout. So over $200 extra spending at an all inclusive, you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth it. Now I'll briefly hit the excursions I did in case you're curious.

GOLF AT MOON PALACE

This cost me $280 in resort credits, and $50 cash to pay for club rental. There are 3 9 hole courses, and apparently you can play em all as far as I could tell. The carts have coolers with free beer/water, and there are bars/snacks stops on the courses. It's a nice course, not ocean front or anything but nice. Also, they have lots of wildlife around like deer, exotic birds, iguanas, turtles, crocodiles and coatls which are cool to see. Only warning is that it can get hot as all get out, and don't chase your balls into the bushes. These things were designed to kill with 3 inch thorns and you will pay a blood price to get it back. If you enjoy golf though, a nice day.

COBA

This is the very last pyramid in the area that allows people to climb it. The main pyramid Noloch Mul is taller than El Castillo at Chichen Itza. It is slightly terrifying, but amazing to do. If you want to do this hurry, my understanding is that it ends next year. The stairs are getting slicker due to the activity, and once you see it, you'll understand why slipping would be bad. If this was in the US, they wouldn't let you get within 100 feet of it. Most of the site is still covered by jungle and uncleared, but try to resist the desire to go out digging. Besides being illegal, there is tons of poisonous things and as I mentioned in golf, these plants are unforgiving. I saw one that actually looks like a saw blade.

ROMANTIC COUPLES DINNER

This will cost you $450 credits, and gets you a private cabana on the beach for you and up to 3 others. The food was excellent, the main course being lobster tail and filet, and having a private dinner on the beach is actually pretty cool. In essence, it costs you $49, with the only downside being that moisture can collect on the overhead netting resulting in drips onto you and the table/food. Not a deal breaker for me, but random drips on your head or plate can detract a little. If you have the extra credits and don't mind paying the cash, it's a nice thing to do for your wife.

DOCTOR VISIT

My father got a very severe sunburn on his leg on the first day. I mean it was fire bad. It turns out that Le Blanc was able to get an actual doctor to his room in under 30 minutes, he got checked out, and prescribed ointment which was then delivered as well. Grand total for all this was around $70... How can that even be? For all you US readers that has to blow your mind like it did mine. Anyway, another example of amazing service.

I think that about covers it, if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Overall, my wife and I love this place. This was our third trip, so I hope I didn't talk you out of anything because it is amazing.

Room Tip: Pay the extra small charge for the "Honeymoon Oceanfront Suite." The views and tub by the...
19  Thank kain182
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I really appreciate your detailed review, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.
All your complimentary comments and suggestions add to our motivation, encouraging us to make our most in order to exceed the highest expectations of our guests. Allow me to thank your loyalty, at Le Blanc our guests loyalty is our number one priority.
I was delighted to know that your overall vacation with us was highlighted by the courteous attention of the staff, especially by Lucinda due to her charisma and attentive service, our relaxing spa treatments and enjoyable tours and activities. I was glad to know you could take advantage of our Resort Credits and could use it to make your vacation even more pleasurable, despite the misinformation received on the use and terms of this promotion. Please be sure that we found your suggestions really helpful and will be taking actions to prevent future discontents in this matter. You will give us the true pleasure by returning for another relaxing holiday with us!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were able to spend 4 hours on the Yacht "Impulsive" while we were staying at Le Blanc, and it was truly a wonderful experience and a highlight of our week!
Captain Oscar, Eduardo, Mauricio, and David all worked together to provide a enjoyable afternoon, with plenty of drinks available throughout. Chef Leonardo could not be outdone, beginning with the Chips, Salsa, and Guacamole snacks while cruising through the six -course Surf and Turf dinner expertly prepared on board - we still don't know how he was able to do so much in that galley!
Although I'm sure they could fit more, up to eight people would all be incredibly comfortable in that luxurious yacht, and the four of us had room to lay out in the sun, sit outside at one of the two tables (upstairs and down), or sit in the cabin or one of the two large staterooms.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good; you can use Resort Credits towards upgrading to a room with a balcony if yo...
1  Thank Tcw92582
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our Yacht experience and that our staff provided you with an excellent service during your trip. I am really glad to know that our Chef Leonardo prepared so many special courses for you to enjoy, beginning with a Chips and Guacamole entrance to a Surf and Turf main course. This special 5 diamond service has been planed to offer our distinguished guests a unique and unforgettable experience. I assure you that Capitan Oscar, Eduardo, Mauricio and David have been already congratulated for the attentive service provided. Thank you for sharing your experience with all trip Advisor readers, all our Yacht Impulsive staff will receive your kind greetings.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'm late submitting this review because I thought I would give Palace Resorts the opportunity to sort out my complaint regarding the so-called "preferential" rates offered to members. While we were at Le Blanc in December we found out that other visitors from London had travelled with Virgin Holidays for less than our members' rate. A quick internet search showed that UK travel operators were consistently cheaper across all Palace Resorts and at whatever time of the year. I put in a complaint while at the resort - Uriah Heap couldn't have been more unctuous, but of course they were powerless on site to do anything about it, they had no knowledge of tour operators offering lower rates, couldn't do anything except pass it on to their managment, yadda yadda. Now here we are 4 months later!! and still nothing has been done despite regular emails to chase them up.

In a nutshell, UK visitors DO NOT sign up to the membership scheme as you can get better deals without forking out vast sums to these shysters in exchange for "preferential rates" that are more expensive than any travel agent.

Regarding the resort itself, standards had definitely slipped since we first visited Le Blanc three years previously: chipped crockery, no wi-fi access in our room on the 7th floor (in this standard of hotel, in this century....really?), poor entertainment, weird piped "whale" music everywhere, and the French restaurant was a joke: they try to be "classy" but the hostess on the door was dressed like a street-walker, you could only choose silly tasting menus instead of proper a la carte, and the standard of the food was really bad - we could have drunk the souffle, it was so liquid, the steak was overcooked, and the dessert was just a tarted up choc ice! It's a shame because the waiters seem so proud of it, but you'd get better food in any little neighbourhood restaurant in France.

On the plus side, most of the staff were extremely pleasant, as usual, and the pastry chef who produces the desserts at lunchtime is a genius.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stella_P

First and foremost allow me to thank you for bringing to my attention your concern. I truly regret to read that you have not received any response from our Palace Elite department, please know that as our guest your concerns are our number one priority. I was in contact with Palace Elite manager to investigate your case; they will be contacting you as soon as possible with the proper response to your inquiry.

Regarding the inconveniences faced during your stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort due to the poor Wi-Fi access and the less than expected experience lived at our French restaurant Lumiere, I assure you that your comments will be taking in consideration to improve and provide all our guest the best quality service fulfilling their preferences and needs. It is good to read that you were able to enjoy our lunchtime desserts and were pleased with our staff attentive service. We all look forward to welcome you back and present you our improvements do to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here twice in 2012. The resort is beautiful, the service outstanding , the food was fabulous. The spa credits were the best. This place is pure relaxation, the customer service was very food, they knew what we needed before we even asked for it! If you are looking for a party atop this is not it, great place for R and R...will surely be back. The only downside was the water was rough...the pools are gorgeous though!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aloha09
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am really glad that our staff’s quality service and attitude made your stay an exceptional experience; we love to receive loyal guests like you. It is great to read that you took advantage of your resort credits at the relaxing ambiance of our spa. We all look forward to pamper you once again on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
#7 of 177 in Cancun
Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
#2 of 7 in Playa Mujeres

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!