“Liked it quite a bit...but didn't love it.”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I honestly had a hard time giving Le Blanc a '4' review at the over $700/night that we paid. It's a solid '4' in the $500s. I know by the #1 TripAdvisor rating in Cancun that a lot of people LOVE this place, and I enjoyed myself as well, but it wasn't worth the money.

Pros:
- Service was fantastic. We fell in love with Felicitas by the pool. Most waitstaff in the restaurants were extremely nice and professional.
- The International restaurant was pretty good, but the Asian and Italian restaurants were VERY impressive in food, service, and atmosphere. Top-notch for an all-inclusive.
- Lovely pool and beach.

Cons:
- We're not part of the 'club' that so many guests belong to, and we booked less than a week in advance, so our rate was high (about $2400 for 3 nights with airport transfers). That was a lot for what we got.
- The spa is very pretty, and my therapist friendly, but the massage was mediocre.
- The room looked good at a glance, but closer up there was some wear-and-tear that I've never seen in any other AAA 5-diamond level properties.
- The resort credit (we got $500) situation is annoying. Only $150 could be used for the spa. We were there for a quick, relaxing vacation...so using it for outside activities wasn't appealing. I normally don't drink wine but got a better bottle at dinner so I felt like I was using at least part of the remaining credit. It'd be nice to see 50% or more of the credit to be allowed to go toward spa treatments. The treatments were very expensive and a complete rip-off if paying on your own, and that's comparing value to some 5-star U.S. resort spas.

We'll be back in the area in a few months, and I think we'll go back to the Riviera Maya area instead (likely the wonderful Viceroy, formerly Tides). Don't get me wrong --- Le Blanc is a perfectly nice resort and I feel fortunate to be able to stay in a place like this. But when you're not getting any kind of vacation club-related discount or upgrade, and it's prime season when the rates are high, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lagunadallas
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us, which contributes greatly to our improvement. Please allow me to offer you my sincere apologize for not been able to exceed your expectations due to the less than expected service at our spa and the difficulty to spend your Resort credits at our Resort. I will personally pass your comments to our staff, so they can make improvements in their services. Your feedback is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guest’s expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you have mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests. We are looking forward to your future vacations at Le Blanc!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice building
Excellent rooms
Excellent concierge service
Excellent front desk service
Folks well trained on the hotel system.
Very organized and timely billing.
Overall hotel staff highly motivated, from the GM, to the gardener, housekeeper and Chef.
This my favorite hotel bar none, folks there are always happy to see you, and they are very courtious.
I love this hotel.
All other hotels in Mexico should their teams to this hotel for training, LE Blanc has the hotel customer service down pat.
The give you your monies worth and they attend to you like a family member.

Outstanding job staff of Le Blanc

Room Tip: Get a room with beach view
3  Thank bryanwes

I would like to start by thanking you for taking of your valuable time to write such positive review, regarding your previous stay. I am glad to know that you felt part of our big family, due to the fact that is one of our main goals. We look forward to welcome you home soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

small hotel, is over 20 years old and was repainted, but not in any detail, very sloppy refurbishment. poor service unless you tip well, at both pools unless you tip the waitress or bartenders to hold your seat in the morning you will be out of luck.

Room Tip: stay on left side, rt side has an abandoned group of townhouses damaged from the hurricane.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank savyworldtraveller
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this discontent to my attention.
Allow me to apologize for the bad impression acquired, due to the gratuities given to our staff members.
We certainly appreciate all guests who recognize the hard work done by them, even though these are not mandatory or expected by any staff member.
Regarding the comment stating that Le Blanc is over 20 years old, allow me to let you know that this year we will have the pleasure to celebrate our 8th anniversary.
At Le Blanc Spa Resort we are under constant maintenance to provide the best service and installations possible for our guests to enjoy.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This resort outshines all other top rated resorts in the world
The service is outstanding from the moment you arrive to your departure
All inclusive means anything you want, within reason, at any time at anyplace, at the beach, at the pool or in your suite.
Four restaurants to chose from and if you chose,for example, the French and you want the Italian Carparccio they will gladly bring it to you
This was sixth visit and will not be our last --- they value your pleasures and love to have you visit

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Dqny

Thank you for being our guest and giving us the pleasure to serve you for the sixth time. I was honored to know how much you loved staying with us and it is amazing to see you felt so relaxed ,comfortable and pampered during your stay, due to the personalized service encounter around the resort specially at our restaurants. We all will be more than happy to welcome you back in Le Blanc Spa Resort and provide you with outstanding and memorable vacations.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been Palace Resort members for the past 5 years and were thrilled when we upgraded our membership to the Diamond level. I have been waiting to write a review for sometime and now seems the perfect opportunity. The best perk for becoming a Diamond member has been the opportunity to work with Virdiana A Chavez Hernandez the Diamond Concierge. Virdiana has that special ability to put people at ease the moment you meet her. She has incredible communication skills and her follow through is impeccable. The word "NO" is simply not in her vocabulary. She will do anything possible to ensure that your vacation at Le Blanc is simply the best. She goes out of her way for all guests she comes in contact with. Nothing is too small or too big for her to handle. From pick-up at the Airport to incredible romantic dinners on their property Virdiana does it all and always with an infectious smile. My husband and I travel to Le Blanc 3-4 times a year and returning to the Resort is like coming home. It is important for me to write this review and respond to the individual who wrote a negative response about this fabulous Diamond Concierge. The biggest asset to any corporation, resort or restaurant are its personnel...Virdiana exemplifies that asset.

For us Le Blanc is our Shangrila and we always look forward to our return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maddy R

Please let me thank you for the motivating review posted, specially the high comments adressing our professional Diamond Concierge Viridiana. It feels me with joy to see that for the fifth time your experience at Le Blanc has been amazing, exceeding your expectations on every aspect. Be sure that Viridiana will be congratulated for the extraordinary work done every day! Allow me to thank you for your loyalty! I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my family over Christmas. Sr ice for the most part was excellent. The girl taking reservations for New Years dinner who worked at the French restaurant was lovely - as was the mother/ daughters group when you first enter the hotel. The guy down put the beach slaving away in the hot sun was attentive most of the time, and the lifeguard helped him out a lot. Transportation to and from the hotel to moon palace for the concert was excellent (once I straightened out I was in a car and not the bus). The only negative was with Viridiana - she was the diamond concierge who had maybe 6 rooms total to handle in the hotel and couldn't handle that. On my way to the Usher concert I was talking with another diamond couple and they said they had an awful experience with her as well. She was bad before we got there with her lack of communication regarding our transfers and giving
us the wrong day and times for our spa treatments. She then managed to mess up check in for my family (we had to wait well after check in hours for our room and even then it was wrong). She was extremely disrespectful to myself and my family. When I told a sales representative what she said to me she immediately got us a different concierge to work with...I believe her name was Leslie and she was lovely...Viridiana could learn customer service skills from her. The floor concierge wasn't the best either, but the rest of the staff made up for his lack of service and misinformation. That being said I still recommend this hotel, bit if you are a diamond level member and encounter Ciridiana beware!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Randi E
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy our special event at Moon Palace and our Christmas celebration. Accept my apologies for not being able to meet all your expectations during your previous stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. Allow me to assure you that immediate measures have been taken with the responsible managers to avoid future discontents on this matter. Please do not hesitate that we all at Le Blanc are working very hard to ensure that our guests spent a relaxing and memorable time while staying at our resort and we will all look forward to welcome you back to present to you the improvements made. I remain at your disposal if you require any future assistance.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed at this great place for almost a week. Everything and I mean everything was just great. The service is exceptional they go above and beyond to insure your satisfaction. The Food, one restaurant was better then the next and better then the one before and so on. The rooms were great maybe my one complaint is that only certain class rooms have walk out balconies the rest just have a French style one. The Spa was exceptional and run very efficiently. Nothing more to say it was truly a great place to relax, enjoy & love.

Room Tip: Try to get Jr. Suite or above for walk out balcony. Otherwise high floor facing the ocean and pool.
3  Thank Bsambark
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the outstanding experience lived at Le Blanc Spa Resort. I am glad that you were able to enjoy during you stay of our food selection, room accomodations and the relaxing experience provided at our Spa Facilities. Our goal as a team is to provide all our guests relaxing and unique memories that will last forever. We look forward to welcome you in a near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
#7 of 177 in Cancun
Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
#2 of 7 in Playa Mujeres

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!