I honestly had a hard time giving Le Blanc a '4' review at the over $700/night that we paid. It's a solid '4' in the $500s. I know by the #1 TripAdvisor rating in Cancun that a lot of people LOVE this place, and I enjoyed myself as well, but it wasn't worth the money.
- Service was fantastic. We fell in love with Felicitas by the pool. Most waitstaff in the restaurants were extremely nice and professional.
- The International restaurant was pretty good, but the Asian and Italian restaurants were VERY impressive in food, service, and atmosphere. Top-notch for an all-inclusive.
- Lovely pool and beach.
- We're not part of the 'club' that so many guests belong to, and we booked less than a week in advance, so our rate was high (about $2400 for 3 nights with airport transfers). That was a lot for what we got.
- The spa is very pretty, and my therapist friendly, but the massage was mediocre.
- The room looked good at a glance, but closer up there was some wear-and-tear that I've never seen in any other AAA 5-diamond level properties.
- The resort credit (we got $500) situation is annoying. Only $150 could be used for the spa. We were there for a quick, relaxing vacation...so using it for outside activities wasn't appealing. I normally don't drink wine but got a better bottle at dinner so I felt like I was using at least part of the remaining credit. It'd be nice to see 50% or more of the credit to be allowed to go toward spa treatments. The treatments were very expensive and a complete rip-off if paying on your own, and that's comparing value to some 5-star U.S. resort spas.
We'll be back in the area in a few months, and I think we'll go back to the Riviera Maya area instead (likely the wonderful Viceroy, formerly Tides). Don't get me wrong --- Le Blanc is a perfectly nice resort and I feel fortunate to be able to stay in a place like this. But when you're not getting any kind of vacation club-related discount or upgrade, and it's prime season when the rates are high, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the luxurious adults only Le Blanc Spa Resort - the transformation of all-inclusive into all-incredible. Created for the discerning traveler by one of Mexico's most celebrated designers, Le Blanc Spa Resort elevates the vacation experience with an uncompromising determination to exceed your every expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Blanc Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Blanc Cancun
- Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun
- Le Blanc Mexico
- La Blanc Cancun