New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“FIRST CLASS HOSPITALITY! MOST AMAZING VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
bothell
“FIRST CLASS HOSPITALITY! MOST AMAZING VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The exceptional hospitality of the staff was well over any expectation. After reading through a few other reviews, i was surprised at some people's perspectives. Most everyone employed with le blanc did have an authentic mexican accent and did not have fluent english. The willingness of all of the staff to do their very best to understand my request and to offer the best service was very obvious.
The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruits, you have the option to make any type of omlette prepared for you right there. Stephanie, the head hostess was very sweet and bubbly. She always remembered me by name and my room number.
Mayra out by the beach was so sweet, she talked to me everyday and always made sure my drink was full and checked everytime she walked by if she could bring me food. On my last day on the trip, she asked when i would be back again and gave me a huge hug. I guess it is important to remember although the staff is at a peek level of hospitality, they are also people and they are all someone's son or daughter. Perhaps a little kindness shown back to then would go a long way.
The best beach butler by far was cesar rivera. He is constantly on the go, moving furniture around for all of the guests. I got to know him pretty well over my stay. Amazing staff! Amazing hotel, amazing experience

Room Tip: Even though this resort is all inclusive, tips are important for these amazing hard workers to earn...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abbegail a
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We appreciate and value your time spent writing this outstanding review. It is a pleasure to know that the experience lived at Le Blanc was relaxing and memorable, due to the quality service provided. I look forward to welcome you home, in a near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,518)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois

1. Staff is excellent
2. Food is great - no Corona but Sol might be better!
3. Bartender Fabian is the BEST. Ask for "stuff" in the grass (or lagoon) shot
4. Higher the room floor, the better
5. Spa is top notch
6. Walking distance to Coco Bongo
7. NO KIDS!
8. Very relaxed atmosphere (even too relaxed). This would be my only "complaint". Bring iPod to pool as spa music is only thing played. We didn't mind beause we met other drinkers at the swim up bar.
9. Small resort but was 100% ok with it. Never had a hard time getting pool chair or into dinner at any restaurant
10. Made Ice Luge at the pool bar...see picture!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick007FSU
Thank you very much for sharing your Le Blanc experience with all Trip Advisor readers. Allow me to thank you for the comments shared regarding our staff service provided, specially our bartender Fabian, please be sure that he will be congratulated for the outstanding job done during your stay. Our guests comfort is very important for us, that is the erason why each staff member works hard every day to make our guests feel free of any kind of worries. I look forward on welcoming you back at Le Blanc for another memorable experience.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I go on vacation, it is one thing to have a nice resort but service really makes the difference to me on everything and every interaction I had at this resort was amazing. The staff in every part of the resort from the person that greeted me upon entry to the restaurant staff were amazing. The butler service was incredible and having a perfect scented bath ready at just the right time when coming back from dinner was such a nice touch.

The service at the pool was amazing with them constantly refreshing the ice in the bucket keeping my water cold.

Room was spotless, bed ultra comfortable, a great place to relax for a few days. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TOTraveller81
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with all Trip Advisor readers. At Le Blanc we try to please and pamper our guests with personal attention, because we believe that what matters the most are details and that is really what makes the difference. Our mission is to provide an ambiance of relaxation and comfort for all our guests. Allow me to thank you for the comments shared, regarding our staffs quality service, which are highly valuable and I am sure they will be taken in consideration by future guests. I look forward on welcoming you back for your next vacation; we will do everything that is in our hands to make of your stay another memorable experience.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Based off of previous high hotel reviews, my husband, another couple and I were excited to vacation at Le Blanc. Apparently ownership recently changed, and we were extremely disappointed and underwhelmed. Unfortunately, their hotel rates are that of a of a 5 star hotel however, the hotel itself is only a 4 star. There is no particular attention to detail and the hotel lacks personality, character charm and hospitality. It was a very bland experience.

This was a good, reputable hotel, but far from exceptional. One of the true testaments of a 5-star experience is how well the staff takes ownership and follows through. There was no personal engagement with guests from the staff. The staff had a job to do, and we were simply revolving guests. In my opinion the key to wowing someone in the hospitality industry is to not only anticipate the basic needs of guests, but also to anticipate their expectations and then exceed them. This was not achieved at Le Blanc.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with wet towels, coconut milk - the usual for such a hotel class. What we didn't expect was the obnoxious hard sell to 'visit their sister hotels' (don't ask if it's a time share, they seem to find that amusing.) They ask you to bring ID, spouse and credit card for the 'visit' obviously preparing you for the hard sell and removing any objections. Throughout the trip, if you are spotted, you will be approached and reminded to make reservations for the 'visit.' This was the last thing we expected to deal with on vacation.

This hotel stay will depend on your travel perspective...if you don't travel much, you may enjoy the facility especially for an all-inclusive. Pretty good food, good drinks, nice rooms/toiletries and spa...the basics.

If you travel often, and expect the best, this is not the place to stay. They seem to cover the basics but do not pay attention to details. They are missing luxury service and amenities. For instance, the lounge chairs around the pool/beach were terribly uncomfortable - no cushions, just plastic chairs. Umbrellas on the beach were the cheap and flimsy rather than the upscale type we saw at the resort next door.

Pool: Infinity pool by the beach was nice and offered breathtaking views of the ocean. The water (not salt) was nice and warm (warmer than the hot tub.) Pool area was a very quiet place to be, little to no entertainment all day. The music surrounding the pool area is a constant 'spa like' music. No lively music/entertainment, apparently the entertainment staff had been 'let go' prior to our vacation. Pool side service was terrible. Every morning, the poolside servers would gather around for a meeting by the swim up bar, all the while neglecting their guests. It was uncomfortable to see guests getting agitated. We would simply walk up to the pool bar to avoid having to wait for service and/or cold food. The few times we ordered food, it took about 40 minutes and it was cold.

Location: Beach front in the heart of Cancun. Therefore, it is not obviously a secluded property with golf/grounds etc. nor does it pretend to be. It is on the 'strip' surrounded by other hotels. It is close to downtown should you wish to get out for dinner, shopping or entertainment. Beach was a vision, absolutely gorgeous turquoise water and white sand. It was a bit rough for the season but breath taking.

Food: Service at restaurants was consistently very good. The food was also pretty good for an all-inclusive. Their breakfast/lunch buffet was surprisingly extensive, the team is willing to make anything requested. Asian restaurant was our favorite. French restaurant was small but pretty good. Italian restaurant was apparently hit by a salt bomb. Lobster was a $50.00 surcharge per person which is uncommon for an upscale all inclusive which typically includes lobster. Mixed drinks were decent/good - good wine was difficult to find.

Rooms: Clean an tastefully decorated. Butlers on each floor where kind, but not sure they served much of a purpose for us, keeping in mind we didn’t leave the resort and are very low maintenance. Our view was of the gorgeous beach and of a decrepit/deserted resort that had been hit by a hurricane years ago. No balconies other than the penthouse level. Bed/pillows very comfortable. Bathroom was odd only because the toilet did not offer much privacy, however, this seems to be a theme in the last few Mexican hotel stays. Toiletries were nice (Bulgari) as were slippers/robes as expected. Room service was slow on certain days - we did receive nightly turn down. Noise level was a slight issue, not much insolation, we could hear the people walking above us. Don't be alarmed by the 'cannon' sound- it's simply the doors slamming from the draft.

The people make a Country, that is why we love Mexico. The employees at this hotel however lacked that customary 'sparkle' we are used to seeing in Mexico... that warm, hospitable smile that I have come to adore didn't exist...as a business owner myself, I have to blame this on ownership.

Room Tip: Beds can either face the ocean or the opposite side... if you would like to wake up looking at the w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Giag21
First of all thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experienced lived at Le Blanc. Comments from our guests are highly appreciated! Your feedback will certainly help us improve our quality service. Allow me to inform you that are most important goal, is to satisfy our guests needs, and exceed our guests expectations during every visit. Le Blanc Spa Resort is going through various refurbishments as well as a continuous improvement of the customer service provided. We truly hope to have the opportunity to show you, the various improvements we are doing, so your perception of our resort may change.
Once again we would like to thank you for your patronage and for bringing your concerns tou my attention. We certainly do not wish to loose you as a valued guest. I am confident that a future visit to our resort, will better reflect our commitment to our guests satisfaction.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We had our honeymoon in Cancun and have been back to different areas of Mexico for close to once a year since. We love Mexico and have been to many different resorts.

Le Blanc is in a class all by itself! The service is beyond exceptional. The food and drinks are above average particularly for an all inclusive. If you don't see what you want, just ask and they will make it possible. I never heard a no, just it is our pleasure. The weather was beautiful except for our last day. We sat by the moon pool and they opened two umbrellas and extra towels to cover us from the light drizzle. They brought us coffee and Baileys to keep us warm and apologized for the bad weather on our last day! Unbelievable!

We did go up to the sports bar a couple times for a little more activity. The team of employees could not be more eager to make everyone happy! Liliana, Ivan, Enrique and Isrrael were just a blast! Thank you to all of you for making us laugh and for your outstanding service.

If you can't be happy at this hotel, maybe you just can't be happy!! Amazing!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie D
It is definitely a pleasure to know that you chose Le Blanc Spa Resort to celebrate such a special event as your 25th wedding anniversary! It is os rewarding to receive such great comments, about our staff, due to the fact that our every day goal is to exceed our guests expectations, and make sure they spend their vacation in the best way possible. Let me assure you that Liliana, Ivan, Enrique and Israel will be congratulated for the outsatnding service provided during your stay. Allow me to let you know that our guests loyalty is our number one priority! I hope to have the opportunity to sreve you in a near future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I reserved an ocean front suite and got back confirmation telling me I had this as well yet on arrival after first being told my room would not be ready for another hour, the girl came back 5 minutes later with the news they were going to have to change us to a partial ocean view instead as they had no more of our suite available. I also was given no price break for this despite having documentation proving their mistake and having made my reservation months in advance. The hotel did not deliver the room they promised on their website then did not own up to their mistake or make it right. Otherwise the hotel and staff were first class and restaurants all great. The location was beautiful.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank drgastro7
First of all we would like to thank you, for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort, as host of your previous holiday. I am glad to know, that you were able to enjoy our services during your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies, for the inconvenient faced woth our reservations department. I will personally look into what caused you discontent during your last stay. I addition, actions will be taken to prevent this problem from occuring again in the future. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and present you the improvements made, due to your valuable feedback.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I were at le Blanc for a week 2/2-2/8 for our 5 year anniversary and it was easily the nicest and most relaxing vacation we've ever taken. Le Blanc is top notch all the way and our every need or whim was met and then some. Arrival to cancun and transportation with lomas travel(booked through on.one resort site) was easy, we arrived and were given royal treatment from e time we set foot outside the taxi to when we sadly had to leave at the end of our stay.

We were surprised with a resort credit of $1500 to use at our discretion, which we used for spa, shopping, and the beach dinner which was fabulous and by far the best meal while there. We also did the Mayan encounter excursion with alltournative(also booked through resort site) to Coba with zip lining/kayak/rappelling, and this was a great daylong activity.

Our room was excellent, well stocked bar/comfy bed/aromatherapy oils daily/best tub ever/and views were excellent from rm 524 we had ocean and lagoon balcony views! My wife even fed some iguanas below us in the garden. 24h room service/butler service to do all you need including drawing a bath for you if desired. I can't say enought about this great trip and great resort, I'll recommend it to all my friends. I never write reviews online, this is my first, which shows how amazing this trip was for us.

As an aside we also felt very safe and comfortable in Mexico, we found local transport-buses/taxis- to be easy to navigate and all the people were very hospitable and accommodating. If you are planning a trip you cannot go wrong with le Blanc! I'll be jealous of you for going and plan to go back in a year or two myself!

Room Tip: Junior suite was our room and had two great views we loved it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pkolemiss
Thank you very much for such valuable review. I t is so rewarding to know that we were part of your 5th wedding anniversary. We are glad to know that you were surprised with the resort credit promotion, and that you were able to use them in advance to your preference. It is also rewarding to know that you had a relaxing stay with us. I am honored to know that you took the time to make us your first review posted on Tri Advisor, due to the memorable experience lived. Looking forward to welcome you on many more occasions.