WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
West Chicago, Illinois
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place was amazing. I stayed there for a destination wedding planner workshop and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious, adults-only all-inclusive where your every need is anticipated. I always thought the whole butler service thing was kind of silly, but I changed my mind after having a butler! It was so nice to be able to call my butler from dinner (or use the Le Blanc smartphone app!) and request that a bubble bath be waiting for me. I was also giddy about the mini-bar! I don't even drink liquor, but having a liquor cabinet with top shelf liquor IN THE ROOM was something I'd never seen before. And I was also a fan of the chocolate and candy that was replenished everyday! Oh, and the Chi hairdryer and flat iron in every room! I brought my own flat iron, but used the resorts because it was much better than my own!

While I think anybody would enjoy this resort, I think there is meant for a certain type of traveler: the kind of guest who wants luxury, who wants to be waited on all the time, who wants personal attention, and who wants a spa-like atmosphere. (In other words, a high end traveler.)

The pools were beautiful, the beach was beautiful, the lobby was beautiful... and the wedding set-ups were to die for! The food was good, although I hardly ate there because we were too busy visiting other resorts... and the coconut welcome drinks are delicious. I had four of them in the first hour I was there. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JessicaJoy
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We are glad to hear that you had an outstanding experience with us, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. W e are very grateful to receive every review shared, which not only helps the traveler make the right decisions but it helps us to know what our guests enjoy the most and where we could improve to ensure that every stay is full of serene and memorable moments. It will be an honor to have you as our guest again at your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,518)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kaysville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I would like to say nice things about Le Blanc because it is a beautiful property with great service, nice rooms, a decent spa, good food, and a relaxing atmosphere; however, it was boring and I got food poisoning. Yep, I got food poisoning and spent 24 hours tied to my room and the bathroom. That was not too fun, and I know LeBlanc caused it because I ate nowhere but at Le Blanc and at a "restaurant" tourist trap I was taken to on the Le Blanc sponsored tours to Chichen Itza.

As for the "boring" part, Le Blanc is one giant spa. The music piped throughout the property is soothing spa music that would put a methamphetamine crazed lunatic to sleep. That music was great when I was getting a heated rock massage by Claudia who was wonderful, but the rest of the time it was deadening. I hated listening to that stuff while sitting by the pool drinking tropical drinks and trying to have fun with friends. The "dance club" on premises was just as boring, Most nights there were about ten people in the place just sitting around; no life and no fun.

The upshot is, if you want to sleep, read a book, sit around, and relax 100% of the time, Le Blanc is your place. They will pamper you and wipe your bottom if necessary. If, like me, you like to do things, live life actively, and hang out with other people who want the same, go somewhere else. You won't be pampered in the same way, but you'll probably be a lot more satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bitzco
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

You know how it is…your first visit to a place (resort, restaurant, spa) is so incredible that you brag about it to your family and friends and can’t wait to go back. That’s the way it was for us after our first visit to Le Blanc. Unfortunately, our return trip left a little to be desired. I realize some of these issues are petty, but when you’re spending this much money on vacation, things should be perfect. It began when we needed to extend our stay and our original reservation could not be modified so we were given an additional reservation. In fairness, they were linked together and we did not have to move rooms, though we did have to sign the second reservation on its beginning date and our keys were not changed and did not work that afternoon. When our flight to Cancun was cancelled and we would arrive a day late, I called the 800 number on the Le Blanc website, only to be shuffled around to 4 different people. All of them assured me everything was fine and not to worry. Le Blanc was not notified of our issue and check-in took longer than it should have because we had been placed in the “no show” pile. We arrived after 3:00 pm, were told our room was not ready and were given a pager, which never rang. After meeting with the staff to discuss credits, etc., (another one of my pet peeves, could we at least change clothes and breathe first) we went back to the front desk and were given our room keys. The reservation issues really need to be taken care of.

The room was amazing and our view was fabulous. Francisco and Efrain were the best butlers always making sure we had everything we needed. They were always available to make reservations for dinner, golf, transportation, etc. Francisco even put up with my bad Spanish!

Javier at the Third Floor Terrace worked so hard for us. I felt bad that he was the only one there during most of our stay. His habanero “special sauce” made our breakfasts! One morning there was a film crew who needed his assistance to “serve” a bottle of champagne. Why there wasn’t another employee to help, well, I can’t say. The restaurants were better than we remembered and the service was great. It was nice to see Gerardo still there as the sommelier.

The spa, as always, was fantastic. As the resort was less crowded during our last stay, I did not realize the relaxation area was co-ed. Found that out the hard way when I was sitting in a chair, naked under a robe. Didn’t make that mistake twice! One day there were many people in the spa, due to windy/rainy weather, and the relaxation area was really loud. I don’t mind people whispering, but having a full conversation across the room is unacceptable. On another day I actually had to ask 2 men to quiet down. Staff should be taking care of this, there are enough of them walking through the area. This is not my idea of relaxing before a service. Also, cameras (cell phones, smart phones, tablets) should ABSOLUTELY be prohibited in this area. Before one service, a young man sitting across from me took a photo in my direction. Can’t say it was of me, but come on…we’re all in that room with very little on. If you NEED a photo that badly, ask a staff member, or take it where no one is sitting.

Pool service seemed off this time. One day we waited over an hour for an ice bucket and were never asked if we wanted a drink, even though there was a server in the area…she didn’t stop to see if we needed anything. There were a few who worked really hard, they were off that day.

The evening entertainment is always first rate and so much fun. Le Blanc is the best because there’s something different every night.

When did smoking become permitted at Le Blanc? This totally shocked me, especially when a man lit a cigar near me. If smoking is to be allowed, could you at least prohibit cigars? And make dedicated non-smoking areas for those of us who are allergic and have asthma.

Overall, we had a nice vacation. Would I spend that much money to go back? I’m not sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Princessessa
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. Please allow me to offer you my sincere apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. I will definitely pass your comments to our staff, so they can make improvements in their services. Your feedback is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you have mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests. We are looking forward to your future vacations at Le Blanc!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from lovely weekend at Le Blanc with anniversary group. Resort enjoys its top rating a bit too much and it is not a self-fulfilling prophecy. Service is great but could be even better which I have experienced at sister Palace resorts. French restaurant, Lumiere, is over-rated with only 6 of the 9 courses top-notch. Beach, pool, drinks and food in the International Restaurant all fabulous. Rooms are comfortable; lagoon side is pretty it has street noise. Spa services while pricey are worth it, along with the facilities but you have to ask for a tour and how to use the facilities. Husband and I would definitely return but we still prefer Riviera Maya resorts to Cancun because they are quieter and more rooms are on the beach.

Room Tip: Lagoon rooms may be cheaper but they have street noise and you may prefer beach rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rita1978
Thank you for bringing to my attention your overall experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort. It really concerns me to know that unfortunately your expectations were not fully met. It is our goal that each of our guests return home totally satisfied. I am glad to know that you were pleased with the beach, pool area , drinks and food provided in the International Restaurant. I hope we have the opportunity to host you on a near future and be able to exceed your expectations.
Ankara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my honeymoon. My wife and I were treated like king and all was perfect. Food was amazing, room service just perfect. We enjoyed our time in this hotel and our honeymoon was definetelly better due to the great facilities, staff and service of Le Blanc Spa Resort. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AnkaraGlobetrotter
It is a real honor to know that you choose us to be part of such a unique and special occassion as your honeymoon. It is really rewarding for me to know that the food, room service, resort facilities , personalized service delivered was perfect. We can not wait to welcome you back home at your home away from home!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to this amazing spa resort with a friend to re-energize for 4 days. The bricks and mortar were exquisite. The infinity pool, and the incredible attention to detail were over the top of the top. The heart of the hotel was warm and fuzzy....All of the employees made us feel as if we were THE ONLY guests there. I was with a friend and did not feel the awkwardness of being at an adult spa without a romantic partner. I took advantage of the exercise classes, and they were AMAZING. The spa itself was excellent. The body scrub was heaven, the massage and facial were good.The food was perfect for me; a vegetarian and gluten intollerant...the Italian restaurant had the MOST DELICIOUS risotto which they specifically altered to my tastebuds!
The calmness of the experience was what I needed. Total luxury...I looooved it!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank char796
It is a real pleasure to receive such a positive review, and to know that you enjoyed your Le Blanc experience to the fullest. We all at the resort are glad to know that you enjoyed the exercise classes provided, the body scrub and facial treatment received at our spa, the food even though you are a vegetarian and gluten intolerant; a wide selection of food was provided. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our Italian risotto the most as well as our calm and relaxing ambiance, making of your stay a luxurious and memorable experience. We all hope to have the priviledge to welcome you home, for another memorable and unique stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Five star service 24 hours a day. Whatever you want you will get. Everything is included even the refrigerator in your room and it is always stocked with drinks, candy and liquor You can eat or drink anything you want at pool side. All you have to do is ask and it happens. You can ask for a special flavor bubble bath and it will be ready when you tell them. The Spa is top notch and you get free service depending how long you stay.
I had my son's wedding there and it was beautiful. The photographer took hundreds of pictures and you get several wedding albums. You also get a cd of all the pictures they took to do with as you wish. I would suggest anyone who is looking to plan a wedding to look into having it here. It is just perfect and believe it or not very reasonable compared to having a regular one in Philadelphia.

• Stayed March 2012