“It just gets better”

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Nottingham
“It just gets better”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Le Blanc Spa in September for the third time and it just seems to get better and better. This must be one of the worlds top hotels, both the facilties and staff are the best you could find anywhere. I didn't visit the French restaurant this time because it was the one area that disappointed on my 2 previous visits and I was disappointed that some fellow guests told me it had not improved and this is a common comment in other reviews so I hope the manager will address this soon. Don't be persuaded to go for the loyalty card presentation as they are just selling timeshare for 350,000 USD, which is ridiculous. The place is still amazing and I've already got my next bookings done for Christmas and June next year.

4 Thank Kentish227
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
It is a real pleasure to know you chose Le Blanc Spa Resort to host your vacation for the third time and it is truly an honor you named us one of the best world top Resorts. I am happy to know our staff and facilities exceeded your expectations.
I would like to apologize for previous inconveniences faced at our French restaurant.
Allow me to inform you that a new menu has been introduced, to satisfy even the most demanding palates.
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. We look forward on having the opportunity to serve you on Christmas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,664)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Say what you want about Mexico, I think its a heavenly place. Specifically, Cancun and even more specifically Le Blanc. If you are looking for exceptional service, look no further. The spa is impeccable, the hotel is outstanding and the all inclusive is to die for. Some all inclusives have food that is ok, but not exceptional....that is one word that describes this place...exceptional. Truly, if you want an all inclusive REAL vacation, do not miss Le Blanc. No children, adults only creates a peaceful vacation that you won{t forget. Maybe the borders of Mexico and the US are hostile and dangerous, but here in Cancun, it is truly bliss. Le Blanc, do not miss this slice of heaven.

Room Tip: ask for a honeymoon room facing the pool...really, there are no ´bad´rooms, just different views...a...
3 Thank RuthPatterson
Dear Ruth Patterson, it is a pleasure to receive such an outstanding review and it is real honor to be named as true bit of heaven in Mexico.
Thank you for mentioning our peaceful ambiance, impeccable Spa, exceptional food variety and attentive service. All our staff in Le Blanc works hard every day to provide our guests with an atmosphere of elegance, relaxation and tranquility, so they can spend quality time with their loved ones in the best way possible.
I look forward on welcoming you back at this unique and great destination.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The glowing reports here are all accurate. Here is some additional context:
--4 restaurants to choose for dinner. Select the one you want based not only on the menu, but how you want to dress (or not dress) for dinner that evening. Stay in your T-shirt and shorts--go to the International. Put on your silver dress and heels, go to the French restaurant.
--2 pools, one big and popular, the other quiet and more shady.
--My husband and I like to look at the ocean, but not get much sun. We found a perfect spot on the patio in the shade to read with lots of pool-side people watching.
--I felt we were on a luxury cruise ship, only better--attentive smiling staff, great food and lots of it (even 24/7 room service).
--All inclusive means all inclusive. Even in your room there are liquor and wine bottles. Unlike other all-inclusive resorts that chintz on the food selection--this was not the case here. You could even have a T-bone steak at lunch if you wanted it. The breakfast and lunch buffets were diverse and delicious and the choices in the evenings are delightful. Even the bread and the ice cream was beyond excellent. Eat healthy or eat like it was your last meal. It was all good.
--The spa exceeded our expectations. Beautiful and soothing surroundings. My husband had a "sultan facial" especially for men and highly enjoyed it.

We booked online through the resort's website and had no problems. They took only a 20% deposit and you pay the remainder when you arrive.

To travel from the airport to the resort, email transfercancun@palaceresorts.com in advance. They will give you instructions on how to find your van driver when you arrive. $24/per person. It's convenient and you know you are in good hands. This was the right choice for us since we had not been to Cancun before.

On the return from the hotel to the airport, we took a taxi that the hotel called. This was 400 pesos or about $35.

We were there for 6 nights and 7 days and like many others, never left the resort. We were happy to stay and be pampered.

A couple of other notes:
--Items in the large gift shop were significantly less expensive than at the airport.
--Besides the tours and off-resort activities which seem to be standard uses for your points, there are other not-publicized options. We used some of our resort points to purchase a nice gift set of tequilla. Ask a few days after you arrive.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, ocean view and loved it.
3 Thank Toni M
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review, you shared with all the Tripadvisor public. It’s a pleasure to receive your warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we provide to our guests.
I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a two weeks holiday and I can honestly say this is the best holiday we have ever had, we have been to hotels all over the world and I can honestly everything here is very good.

All of the restaurants offer fantastic food although I didn't think the French place was brillaint. The Asian restaurant was out favourite and the Italian was very good as well.

The staff threw out the hotel couldn't do enough for you, the bar staff at the pool bar were brillaint. The resort dollars were a nice touch and we used these for a few massages which were brillaint we did also use some resort dollars for the romantic diner on the beach which we didn't think was great as we couldn't see anything we were eating they could do with a little more light but this may not be as romantic just a little thing though.

The negative things are not big things and we would defiantly go back.

A great place and well done to all of the staff and management a brillaint experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Gareth J
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
First of all I want to thank you for writing such an outstanding review; it is an honor to receive such appreciative comments from an experienced traveler as yourself.Our guests comfort and tranquility is very important for us, that is the reason why our staff works hard everyday to make every wish and whims come true.I deeply appreciate your comments about the resort credits and the quality of food provided, which will be useful information for Trip Advisor readers.I look forward on welcoming you back for your next vacation; we will do everything that is in our hands to make of your stay another outstanding and relaxing experience.
Dallas,Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Le Blanc. I picked the hotel based 100% on the comments on TripAdvisor. We don't normally stay at all-inclusive resorts, so I was a little nervous. The hotel will now be considered one of my favorites in the world. The staff is AMAZING - they take care of your every need and do it with a smile on their face. I followed the advice of another contributor and took $100 in dollar bills so that we could tip along the way. This was helpful because you have a virtual army of people helping you. I would also recommend using resort credits for a beach cabana. It was the perfect way to spend the day relaxing. I can't wait to return to Le Blanc. I only wish they had an equivalent hotel for families.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with an ocean view!
4 Thank MelisaInDallas
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing with all Tripadvisor public such an outstanding review.
I am truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special event as your anniversary and I am delighted to know that our staff exceeded your expectations and could make your stay not only comfortable, but an unforgettable experience.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Terrific relaxing week in this All Inclusive Resort. Super restaurants and pool bars.
Lovely Spa and situated on the beach..no need to leave the complex. Jacuzzi in bedrooms!
Service was excellent.
Butler service for each floor and all staff were friendly and helpful.
An amazing holiday ..will certainly go again...one day.

Room Tip: Higher floor with sea view. Hotel was fairly quiet in late Sept.
3 Thank Mary P
Allow me to express my gratitude for your review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it.
It is an honor to receive comments about our attentive service, which is our main priority and we try to give importance to little details, which make the difference between average and excellent.
Our Spa is open to pamper our guest and make their vacation a relaxing and peaceful experience.
We all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent a week in our last vacation in the resort, Food excellent; I recommend the most the Oriental restaurant. Spa services were great, The Hydrotherapy and massages are comfortable, Cleanness and great attitude of the staff let us feel in a real vacations.
Tours are nice but Chichen Tour is too long and a bit uncomfortable expends three hours going and three returning.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best
2 Thank Edwin_QR
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review.
It is great to know that our friendly and efficient staff could make your stay as enjoyable as possible and you could enjoy the variety of food, Spa services and our facilities.
We all are looking forward to welcoming you again in your new home away from home.