“just excellent!!”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Went for a tranquil getaway, got more than I wanted. Just wonderful stay very romantic hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AlfonsoIII
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your recommendations; it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a relaxing and romantic getaway at Le Blanc. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,188)

Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful 5 night stay at the property. We could not be more pleased with the property or our experience.
The property is beautiful, peaceful, and very well maintained. I loved the lobby area with the multiple seating areas separated by curtain sheers. I also was surprised by the atrium in the hotel area. When our fabulous butler, Vincente, took us to our room, I was very surprised how beautiful the approach was. Throughout the property, the use of lighting design is just amazing.
The service was impeccable. Everyone on the staff was friendly and attentive.
The food was abundant and very good. Obviously, there are always some dishes that are better than others, but overall they did a very good job with preparing a wide variety of cuisine quite well. The drinks were also abundant and very good! Guillermo at the main bar really knows his stuff. We enjoyed the tequila tasting class with him. Room service was also very good. We ordered the in room breakfast once. It arrived right on time and was hot and as ordered. Another day we ordered some food mid afternoon. It too was fantastic and amazingly fast. The only dish that really was not good was the sushi. My friend speculated that they were using the wrong rice. It was hard, yet the sushi did not appear to be old.
The spa is luxurious and relaxing. I enjoyed the hydrotherapy experience, as well as a massage. My message was just the "regular" one, but there was nothing regular about it. It was quite inventive, including the use of hot oils and stones. Surprising and delightful. Afterwards, Claudia in the spa did a much needed mani/pedi for me. That was great too! My husband had his first razor hair cut and it looked great.
The work out area was very nice. Well appointed with bottled water and towels. I loved that the treadmill looked out over the pool and lagoon. Yoga with Marisol was great, too. It was a much more advanced class than you usually get at a resort. She was very skilled, pushing each person to their person limit.
I loved the in room snacks and bottled water. I think I drank atleast $100 of bottled water! And we enjoyed the japonese peanuts.
The aroma therapy is a "scentsy" What a nice touch. Loved it, so spoiled. We had our butler draw us a bath one night. And we also had him unpack for us. Both services were very luxurious and enjoyable.
Mario at the desk downstairs, though I think he is a butler, helped us with tours. We went on a jungle tour using our points through a vendor called Aquaworld. Also great! We rode watercrafts (like jet skis?) through mangroves out to the ocean to snorkel in a reef. The snorkeling was surprisingly good! What a fun trip, using resort credit. Mario also helped us to arrange for an excursion on our own to Tulum. This also turned out great.
We did not experience a very hard time share push. Our check in experience and later when we checked our resort credit were both very satisfactory. The staff did ask if we were interested, but were not unpleasant or pushy about it.
We spent an extremely relaxing day "beached" between the various pools and the ocean. The beach service was great. The staff helped us set up chairs and brought us drinks. We split our time in the morning in the beach pool and in the afternoon in the lagoon pool, as the sun moved. I especially enjoyed the music by the lagoon pool. It was a nice break from the new world spa type music played through out the rest of the resort.
We did the dinner on the beach. What a unique, lovely experience. It helped that there was a full moon and the weather was warm with a light breeze, perfect. The food was great too, with spectacular presentation.
Overall, if you had asked me to design the perfect resort/experience, I'm not sure I would have come up with anything as fabulous as Le Blanc. I hope I get to return some day. It was just an incredible vacation at an incredible resort.

Room Tip: Book ocean front. The sound of the surf was amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Kay S

It was a true pleasure to read you review, and realize that our efforts reached it’s goal and your vacation at Le Blanc was close to perfect. I am glad that besides enjoying luxurious services of Le Blanc, such as butler service and Spa hydrotherapy and treatments, as well as Yoga classes, you also took advantage of Resort Credit promotion to appreciate Cancun’s attractions on tours. Thank you for rewarding us with this feedback, there is nothing better then knowing that your vacation with us lived up to your every expectation.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is the most amazing place i have EVER been to on holiday. The only down side is that it has spoilt every other holiday I will ever have as nothing will live up to it! We are hoping to return this year. The hotel is beautiful and the staff cannot do enough for you. They really do go above and beyond. The pools are amazing, the food is amazing and the spa is amazing. They took really good care of me because I was vegetarian and also on my birthday they brought champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate to my room, filed the hot tub, scattered petals and put up a Happy Birthday Banner! The place is perfect for relaxing and indulging.

Room Tip: Request a sea view, its bautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrsposhclarke
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We arrived on Monday January 9th of this week. Our rooms were not ready, so we changed in the spa to sit by the pool to wait. We had all this extra time waiting and NOT ONE person in the staff sat us down to go over our package and how to use POINTS. We were NEVER notified of our points and found out by booking spa appointments thinking we needed to pay cash! Now it is Wednesday the 11th and we leave Friday afternoon -- so the only day available to book any tours or swimming with the dolphins is Thursday. To make a VERY long story short... We are leaving without using our points totaling approximately 800$...
PS... Also bring your ipod... they play Enya ALL DAY - ALL NIGHT! No change in music for a week straight! It really starts to get to you... I cant hear paint the sky with stars one more time in my life!!! lol
This should say enough... Make sure you book when you get here and DO NOT RELY ON THE STAFF!!! I am assuming this happens to a lot of people. BE AWARE!!! It really stinks to leave knowing you could have amplified your vacation with the money spent and it is stolen from you by STAFF MEMBERS! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
18  Thank Nicole S

I am truly glad that after talking to our Public Relations Manager, everything was done to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as we always meant it to be, as I know that solutions were found to change your experience to a positive one, I hope we will be reading your next review on pages of Trip Advisor soon. We have just received a thank you letter from your party, which is so rewarding and kind, and I am looking forward to April, when we will have a pleasure to welcome you and your friends back to Le Blanc.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at Le Blanc Resort and Spa for 8 nights. My overall expectations regarding the hotel look was a bit different, but I must admit, they have the most polite and helpful butler service, what you can imagine. The room was stunning, it was a honeymoon suite and had everything you could dream of. There is one thing though: ask for more hangers, as if you are going for 1-2 weeks, the 5-7 hangers in the cupboard won't be enough.The pool area is very nice, you don"t have to go for sun bed hunting at 6 am to get a good place. They are offering cocktails, fruits, and all sorts of food during the day.The beach is really nice, not crowded at all, perfect for swimming. The snow white, soft sand makes your beach walk enjoyable. There are different restaurant within the hotel, the Japan/Asian one was forgettable, far too slow, freezing cold, and the food quality was really poor as well. BUT next to it, there is an Italian one also, and that was great. You can get a cab, so you can go to the center, but make sure you will make the deal in advance, so after you can give it to the driver without him asking it, so they can't rip you off. The SPA is amazing, they gave it free of charge at the end as a promo. It is a real gem. You must see it. IF you want to rent a car, do not go to AVIS. Their services are soo bad and sooo slow and still sooo expensive. Once you get there, you must go to Lorenzillo's Seafood and Lobster Restaurant, The THAI Lounge, Pericos, The Captain's Cove and of course the Ruth's Chris Steak House for elite quality food and dining. If you want to go for a shopping: Luxury Avenue and Kukulcan Plaza is a MUST! If you want to see the best disco with the best show and audio and music: Coco Bongo is the solution. And finally: Go to Xcaret for a day excursion and swim with the dolphins. You can use your credit points from the hotel for that, so you can save 150 USD. I hope you will find my review helpful.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view honeymoon suite, there is a jacquzzi in the room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda V
Reviewed January 12, 2012

After looking at reviews online and hearing the service at le blanc was better then the royal real we came to le blanc cancun with high expectations. However on my 3rd day here it seems as if the staff simply brushes off the problems. Also their has been ongoing construction on the roof that the staff simply pretends is not happening.

When we first arrived we were greeted with coconut milk which was very good and a friendly front desk worker. The lobby was intimate and we the restaurant decor looked beautiful.

When we awoke the next day that is when the problems started. In the early morning we heard hammering and walking around. At first we thought maybe something had just happened that they needed to fix urgently so we ignored it. But this problem continued and on our 4th day as of right now I am awake because of these noises only. Feeling exhausted. So after waking up the second day with the same noises we complained to the front desk and they told us nothing else was available in the entire resort including if we tried to get a suite. Our bathroom door also could not close and we their for couldn't have other members of our party in our room for long periods because no one could use the bathroom privately.

This is not where the room trouble ended however. Two other members of our party were in a room that started leaking furiously onto their bed. After calling and complaining 6 different men walked in, looked at the leak and walked out before anything at all was done. They were told to take their luggage to another member of our party's room and wait. They eventually came up with a solution of a honeymoon suite. Ironically this was the room we had requested due to our construction problem but were told was full. Now it was available? Then as we had to go to dinner we requested the bell boy move the luggage. After 5 calls and 2 hours of waiting a worker came and told us he was told we had some sort of "request". Well we told him about our luggage and he took it while we were at dinner. every everytime we called for the bell boy they had told us he would be their in five minutes. It is as if they really just wanted to get us off the phone
As of today they have told them they will find them a room with double beds and we will move into their room. I don't understand why this had to be so complex.

The spa is the best part of the hotel. The workers in the male department run an impeccable service. They will walk you through a "water journey" which will leave you completely relaxed.
Their are also showers and a "shaving room" as we enjoyed calling it. With all the amenities you need for a night on the town.

The restaurants are probably the second strongest part of the hotel next to the spa.

The Italian restaurant was very good and we had the tenderloin which was a tad over cooked and chicken which was well chicken. However the dessert and asparagus soup were delectible.
The international buffet was also very good. It is very similar to the royal real restaurant Spice.
The French restaurant was my favourite. It was top notch with literally everyone at the table marvelling at their main courses. The Rasberry clouds dessert was just "fine" however the 3 pistachio creations dish was quite good.
Thee Asian restaurant was a lukewarm experience. The waiters messed up one member of our parties food completely. She ended up just eating the rest of her mother's food due to hunger from waiting for her proper dish. The sommelier chose an excellent wine to accentuate our food.

At this time I would say while Le Blanc could have been a marvellous and relaxing trip it was met with uncaring service from front desk workers and the butler who could not seem to understand how to call a bell boy. While I can understand that hotels may be full the fact that no one would mention the construction and even when told to them they would simply walk around the fact and that we were deliberately lied to. As members Royal Real RCI we were hoping to change our membership to le blanc but at this point have no intention to.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the first flood poolside are blocked completely from the front by the outdoor g...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank thestudentpassenger
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

First and foremost allow me to apologize for disappointment you felt while staying with us, all positive reviews and generous words of our guests are making us an honor and obliging us to responsibility to maintain our high standards at all times and live up to every expectation. I can be mistaken, due to limited personal information of Trip Advisor reviewers; however, analyzing details of the incidents described in your review and following up with our Public Relations Manager, I do hope that you enjoyed your vacation after our Public Relations managed to resolve the situation with rooms. I assure you that at Le Blanc, responsible service, professionalism and attention to our guests’ needs have always been our pride and I encourage you to contact me directly for further follow up: aschmidt@leblancsparesort.com I am thankful for your positive comments about service at Spa and restaurants, and hope that positive experience will allow you to consider and give Le Blanc another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

First trip to Le Blanc and certainly won't be our last.
It was great to escape the dreary Scottish winter and soak up some warm Mexican sunshine - weather in Cancun over New Year was pretty good - occasionally cloudy, but always pleasantly warm.
As other reviewers have stated - the big difference at Le Blanc is the exceptionally high level of service from virtually all of the staff all of the time - I can only assume they have all been trained to smile and go out of their way to be helpful to all the guests, and if they can maintain this they have a winning formula.
There was a very good atmosphere around the hotel, and strangely, considering the amount of free alcohol available, a complete lack of the "falling over drunk" brigade usually found in All Inclusive resorts.
We were very impressed by the 4 full bottles of spirits in our room, but in the event, didn't actually touch them, as the availability of quality drinks and cocktails meant we had no real desire to drink in our room.
We opened the red wine one day, but this was only to pose for some photos in the jacuzzi to send back home !!!!
The food, particularly in the evening, was of a very high standard, with again the service in the restaurants being very very good.
During the day, the snacks were a bit more hit and miss, but this wasn't a big issue as we tended to fill up with the excellent breakfast each morning.
We tended to use the Lagoon Pool as it was generally quieter in the morning, although by early to mid afternoon it was pretty busy too. Having it heated was a nice touch, as it was just like swimming in the bath.
One minor complaint is in connection with the $ 1500 Resort Credit.
This was not explained too well at the outset, with the result that we slightly stumbled our way through, discovering some things as we went along.
I couldn't quite work out the logic of this - it was almost as if they were giving you $ 1500, but making it difficult to spend it, which is a bit counter productive as a marketing tool.
A simple improvement would be to send details by e-mail a couple of weeks before you arrive, so that you could plan how to spend it most effectively.
As others have commented, the things you can buy with the Resort Credit are grossly overpriced, however, as it's basically free money, this is not really an issue.
Overall this was only a very minor irritant in what was a fabulous holiday.
Thanks again to all the staff who looked after us so well.

Room Tip: We asked for an upgrade on arrival, but they had nothing available - however, once we had settled in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple