My families first time at an all inclusive resort, and I do have to say this resort was not as bad as what everyone was saying. It is an old building but I think that the humidity and weather has taken a toll on it, and maybe they should just try and repaint and it would make a difference. The beach waves were very rough but beautiful. We stayed in building number 3 facing the ocean.
The room was outdated but it was spacious. Mattress was good however the pillows were not that great. The shower worked alright, but it was hard to control the water temp. Do not bring any drinks or food to the room!! We made a mistake one night and brought a drink up to the room and it did attract little bugs, and that was our fault.
Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room! The staff was constantly cleaning something or trying to fix things, whether it was inside or outside. It is hard keeping up with a lot of slobs that I saw, people should be ashamed of the things they do (i.e. purposely throwing things on the ground, cause you can't move to go to trash barrel).
Dining area's were ok, food was alright but staff made up for it! Drinks were delishhh! The Mediterraneo Restaurant, I feel is overrated. The Little Italy restaurant was amazing and Armando that works there does an exceptional job running it himself!!!
Entertainment staff (Oscar, Ray and Tavo) do an awesome job in getting people involved in the activities!!! We had a lot of laughs with them! The two nightly shows they had were ok, the karaoke night was hilarious, and the bands/singers they had were not too bad!
If you can go out to the deck at night and watch the sea turtles come in and bury their eggs. We were lucky to see 61 eggs hatch one morning and at night we were allowed to hold a baby sea turtle and set it free. A very amazing experience that we will always cherish!
All in all it wasn't a bad experience, but if anything get involved in the activities and mingle with the other guests. The staff and other guests made this trip entertaining to us, and we would return again!
Did it provide a roof over our heads? YES
Did we starve? NO
Did we have fun? YES
We didn't pay for the Ritz, we payed for the cheapest resort we found.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your stay at Óleo Cancún Playa is one of unexpected delights and familiar comforts. We’ve drawn on the beauty of the beachfront, the basics of simple design and just a splash of chic coastal style to create the kind of space you never want to leave. Supremely comfortable pillowtop beds, deluxe MALIN + GOETZ bath products and panoramic views to inspire the senses. This is Cancun from a fresh, new perspective. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Oleo Cancun Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Beach Paradise Hotel Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Paradise Cancun
- Beach Paradise Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Resort
- Hotetur Cancun