My wife and I stayed here from Oct 6 to Oct 9. We came as a last minute booking for my birthday. This hotel is in desperate need of renovations. They need to pump some serious monetary investment to bring it up to par. This place has a lot of potential and if they pay attention to the small things they can have a great place (like changing the sign from the old name to new!!!).
Hotel Façade and Lobby:
When you pull up you might feel a little uneasy. Lots of exterior damage, mold and rust. The lobby is hot and humid. The check in staff was wonderful and very nice. The concierge went over all the hotel amenities and was very helpful. The concierge will ask you to go the Royal Cancun for 90 minute presentation, SIMPLY SAY NO.
We arrived a little early but they gave us a hospitality room to change into our bathing suit and gave us out all inclusive bracelets so we can take part in the activities.
The pool and Beach.
The beach is amazing, I have been to many Caribbean beaches and this property has one of the best stretch of beach I have ever been to The water is simply breathtaking. When I went there wasn't a lot of other people , so the staff was very attentive from bar, to towel, to waiters. The pool is very nice has many different corners. The pool was very clean and we had zero complaints. Like the title says you get what you pay for so the drinks are not made with top shelf liquor and some of the chairs need to be replace but all together a very nice feel and attentive staff.
We asked to be upgraded and we surely were. We received a oceanfront room with a little living room. The room is a bit dated. But it was ok... (you get what you pay for). The room service staff was nice and did a good job with keeping out room clean. THE OCEAN VIEWS are just incredible!!! Our livingroom windows were floor to ceiling and provided an excellent view of the beach. The only problem we had with the rooms was that the TV are old and fuzzy and the pillows were very hard. I cannot stress enough that you get what you pay for.
The breakfast was mediocre, the only that that was good was the made to order omelet station. Lunch was passable, nothing spectacular but many choices and finally dinner was also ok with an ok selection of meats. Don't expect the RITZ people, this is a 2.5-3 star hotel. The buffet staff was very attentive and were very nice.
We dined a la carte at their Mediterraneo Restaurant and received an excellent service and nice dining options. The food was really good compared to the buffet options.
Altogether, we had a great time at the hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive. The place needs some attention to little details but we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your stay at Óleo Cancún Playa is one of unexpected delights and familiar comforts. We’ve drawn on the beauty of the beachfront, the basics of simple design and just a splash of chic coastal style to create the kind of space you never want to leave. Supremely comfortable pillowtop beds, deluxe MALIN + GOETZ bath products and panoramic views to inspire the senses. This is Cancun from a fresh, new perspective. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Oleo Cancun Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Beach Paradise Hotel Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Paradise Cancun
- Beach Paradise Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Resort
- Hotetur Cancun