“Wonderful, cozy resort with excellent staff”
Review of Oleo Cancun Playa

Oleo Cancun Playa
Ranked #69 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went on a last minute Travelocity deal with a friend to this all inclusive resort. When we first arrived, it looked a bit older than most resorts I have been to. But over the next few days, the resort grew on us and we loved it a lot. Staff were always so nice and always asked if we needed anything. We had so much fun with the entertainment staff. The drinks are always good and bartenders knew so many drinks and always consistent on making them really well.
The only complaint I have is that their air conditioning is not strong. I would like to have stronger air conditioning when I'm eating and sleeping, but other than that, the resort was good. There are not that many activities but it is a great resort for tanning, sleeping, drinks, eating and chilling. Played a lot of beach and water volleyball too. I definitely got tanned and had a lot of fun. I was very sad to leave. I would definitely return to this resort because of the service of the staff and how cozy it was.
The restaurant needs reservation the morning of and only open certain days but very worth it. I had the Mahi Mahi entree and my friend had the beef entree and it was delicious. I enjoyed the restaurant a lot and was sooo full from the 3 course meal. The buffet had variety and someone there to cook but lacked air conditioning.
We made the most of our trip and had a lot of fun. If you have very high standards, you should not stay here. But if you are okay with cozy, friendly environment to just relax and have fun, this is the place to go. I had a great vacation at Bellevue Beach Paradise resort!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on a higher floor is great! Waking up to a beautiful view always brightens your day...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Emily L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

As others already said this hotel is old and definitely not a 4 stars!!! Wonderful location! just enough if you're looking for an inexpensive place to sleep and have breakfast like we did. Think you're going to a 2 stars hotel when booking and you'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paliina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here for 7 days at the beginning of September 2013. I was a bit worried based on the mixed reviews this place got. The people that hate it really seem to hate it, but I really believe those people are expecting way too much for their money.
For what I paid for this trip I was expecting a lot less. The staff was super friendly and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The hotel definitely needs repairs and a facelift. We joked a lot on the trip about the Bellevue being similar to the hotel in Revenge of the Nerds 2, but it really was no where near as bad. The exterior of the building is falling off near the top. One of the buildings actually has a makeshift fence around it so nothing can fall off and land on you. The hot tub was never occupied. I'm pretty sure it was because it wasn't actually hot. However, the pool and the beach were both very clean. The restaurants were pretty good. I started to get tired of the food by the end because it seems like they use the same butter in everything. It has a different flavor then I am used to. The drinks were watered down, but all you have to do is order more of them. Remember: its all inclusive. It doesn't cost anymore to order 2 instead of 1.
The room was very clean, but as other people have said the walls are thin and the mattress was the hardest mattress I have ever slept on. I think it should be nominated for the 8th wonder of the world. How could a mattress be so hard???
Anyway, my point is that for the price, this hotel was decent. If you are picky, look elsewhere. But if you're laid back, this could be a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twofishes13
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff here is excellent - very friendly and attentive. The complex is ageing and in need of renovations (the seal on my windows gave out during a Tropical Depression, leaving a puddle in the middle of the room), but overall the value made up for this small inconvenience.

The beach was clean (as you'd expect in Cancun), and there wasn't a big demand for beach chairs like at other resorts. Servers would periodically check in to get drink orders and make sure you were enjoying your stay.

The food was decent enough to get through a week of eating it, but nothing extraordinarily special. The bars had a great selection of liquors, and the bartenders always had our drinks poured for us when they saw us coming.

If you're someone who wants a clean and economical place, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I heard from others that the top floors are usually lower quality than those near the ground. I did...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jake N
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went on a 11 day vacation to cancun at the end of September. I am a very open person when it comes to reviews and know that people have mixed opinions and trusted that this hotel would meet my expectations when we got there. I was completely wrong! As soon as we pulled up I knew that I had made a bad decision and was very dissapointed and upset! We had rented one of the penthouse condos at the resort and that was not up to our expectations either. I was ready to leave and turn around and fly back home I was so upset. We had to travel up and down the hotel zone our first night to find a different hotel and after 4 hours we finally found a resort that would work with ourprice range that we were willing to spend which was "Hotel Solaris". This resort I would highly suggest! They had great food, a beautiful pool, beautiful beach, wonderful staff and it was clean and what I consider a place I would want to vacation at again. If your reading this review and you are headed to the Bellevue Beach Paradise you need to cancel and look for another option for a hotel. TRUST ME!!!! If you are looking for a dirty, moldy, unfriendly staff because they are unhappy at the place they are working, a disgusting dirty pool, non working elevators, unedible food, sorry looking stage and entertainment team then go to this hotel. You will regret it if you choose not to take advice from this review because I know that I did and that's why im on here today to try and save anyone from the frustration that I went thru.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ilene S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I visited my favoite hotel again. I know the great workers here and I brought my family here too. Everybody loves this place. Only I hope the weather and the wind wil be little better, it was very windy and not too hot at this time. But we are coming again soon.

Room Tip: rooms with the ocean view are the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank irenamalachova
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Okay, so to all those fussy, posh people, expecting way too much, up to their "standards", I can say, folks, go and ...... yourself... The resort is brilliant, staff is very helpful and kind, excellent service, very good food, incredible view with a private beach of the Carribean Sea, and, of course, shows every single day. My rating is 10/10 but if I could give 12 or more, I would. LOVELY and highly recommended !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo