Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Dos Playas Beach House(Cancun)
  • Pool
Grand Oasis Palm(Cancun)
  • Beachfront
Oasis Palm(Cancun)
2,389 results
All reviewsla velalagoon sidesunset groupsister hoteltime sharelobster dinnerjose luisocean sparestaurant staffpool barall inclusive packageshuttle busactivities staffsales peoplewater aerobicsspecial thanksthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Francisca provided room service for us. She is fantastic! Not only the room was spotless, she also made little decorations for the room every time she came in to clean. One day she made an elephant using just towels. At the end of our stay, she gave us a little basket with a little puppy made out of towel and some confetti. Little things like those made our day! Hotel service was okay - most of the time the staff are attentive, even though one time we asked for some bandages and they flat out said "no, I don't have it." You can't really tell me that there is no first aid kit at your facility.... but other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The rooms are very old and need be be updated. Bad sewage smell when showering. The buffet is repetitive, there is no beach but the view is amazing.Towels are old with stains..

Every day I woke up and noticed more bumps were on me but I assumed they were mosquito bites. A day after I checked out if the hotel, bumps popped up all-over my body in patterns. I learned they are bed bugs. I have uncontrollable itching and bumps all over my body. It's a horrible experience and I never ever went through anything like this. When calling to complain to the hotel manager, they said they will have someone call me back and of course I never received a call back.

The only thing good about this place is the staff. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They am really go out-of-the-way to please you and make you feel like your on vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Falle_Fal
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the Sunset Lagoon for a week , overall the place was good but what made the 7 days there the best was the staff working in that hotel, i'm talking about the animation staff. The 2 guys that stood out the most was Ivan & Benny. Ivan went out of his way bringing us to diffrent night clubs when we wanted too and even at the hotel always making our stay at the hotel feel like a great time. I wish i stayed longer in Cancun 7 days goes buy so fast when enjoying yourself. The only thing i have to say is that if your are planning to go to this hotel just make sure to find Ivan and Benny these 2 guys will make your stay their amazing. GRACIAS!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RamboSako
Reviewed December 9, 2013

There is no wi-fi sevice at the rooms, all the buildings are old and need to get fixed, there is no beach for swimming, there is no gym, the rooms are too far from the lobby, all the visitors are elderly people, the furniture is dirty.

Room Tip: rooms on the front of the beach are quiter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amvrosios A
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our family stayed at the Sunset Marina for the first time and it was a great experience! The staff is wonderful! They took care of all our needs with a happy disposition as if we were the only guests during each encounter. This was true from Eunice, the hostess, who seated us for breakfast each morning, the young lady that made our fresh quesadillas each morning, to Flora who made sure our room was clean and comfortable for us. Fabian, the bell boy, greeted us each time we came in and out of the hotel. Benny and Elliot were awesome! They were personable and provided entertainment that made each day a little more fun. Edwin made sure we always had just the right drink! When we visited the Sunset Royale, Jorge cheerfully delivered us drinks on the beach which made us feel like we were in paradise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family