Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
$249
$337
$275
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
2,426 results
All reviewsla velalagoon sidesunset groupsister hoteltime sharelobster dinnerjose luisocean sparestaurant staffpool barall inclusive packageshuttle busactivities staffsales peoplewater aerobicsspecial thanksthe entire staff
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love the fact that the rooms are spacious and on the lagoon side. It is relaxing and lovely. Unlike a previous poster, I know that the hotel has no power over the weather! (I had a laugh at that one.) We have been coming to Sunset Lagoon for 17-18 years and have stayed at other resorts for additional weeks. The best thing about this place is the staff. Fabian, the bell man, is our family's favorite staff person; he is our unfailingly kind, diligent and resourceful "go to guy". I look forward to his welcome every time we come. Arturo has been patient and informative. The cleaning staff, front desk employees, waiters and other bell men are consistently wonderful. Even the gentleman who collected our car (many times) was always prompt and cheerful. If you want a cramped, overcrowded room with piped in techno music, go somewhere else. But if you want a relaxing environment, with spacious accommodations, a great staff and a central location, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: I have never used the fitness center and spa, so have no opinion. The best rooms for us are on the lagoon. The best rooms for amenities are on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The entire staff at Sunset Marina were so friendly. From the second we walked in to the minute we left, we were taken care of. There is one person who I want to especially thank, Alexander-the night time event coordinator. What a character! So friendly, funny, nice & accommodating. He not only told us where the best places to go were. He actually took us there. I've never had so much fun! My friends & I did not want to leave!! He made the whole trip worth it!!! With out his information & guidance, we wouldn't have known the coolest-hot spots to go to. We absolutely adore Alexander!! He always made sure we were ok! He is truly a "gem"! A great asset for the hotel to have!! If we return, I hope to see him there!!

Room Tip: The rooms were a little humid, it seemed as if the windows didn't seal completely. But overall, lots of space and I would stay there again.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

this was our first time in this hotel, we played a lot money for the timeshare, but the room was terrible, the weather was bad and our room was flooding, my clothes was wet and damage and the hotel did not pay for anything. I don't recommending. the hotel is in bad conditions

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We regret not being able to meet your expectations. We take every comment seriously and your points are benefitial suggestions to improve the service quality to our valued guests like you.

We do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent 2 weeks at the Sunset Marina Resort. I was the 7th tiem for me (every other year). A number of the waitters and other personnel were still there. When we came to La Pergola in the morning for breakfast Rudy welcomed us. He remembered me from previous years and I got a big hug. Janet and Eunice remembered our room number quickly and led us to our preferred table each tiem we came to eat. All waiters were very attentive, here are some of them: Zacarias, Alexandro, Sergio and Miguel. I know there were others as well.
La Pergola offers 3 meals as day buffett style. the food is varied and fresh. In the morning you can choose from fresh fruit, freshly baked breads, eggs/omeletts cooked to order and may other things. During lunch time you can choose from various salads and 3 meats and a fish dish as well as fresh vergetables. Dinner is being offered in different themes each day of the week and includes salads, soups, 3 to 4 different meats and fish.
desserts are always available as well.
the waiters offer a variety of drinks. In the morning I liked jugo verde or green juice, being made fresh all the time. Beer, wine and mixed drinks are also available.
The Marina Grill opened while we were there. It is a casual setting by the marina with food cooked to order and served by two waiters. We enjoyed the grouper on our first visit. the chef put emphasis on presentation.
During our stay we had two lobster dinners at La Vela restaurant. A very nice setting with very attentive waiters. The food presentation is excellent.
As in the past I enjoyed sailing one of the Hobie Cats on the lagoon. They have 3 boats now and there is no waiting time. In addition they have a number of kayaks and 2 wind surfers. Ivan is always available to assist. I spend generally a couple of hours few days a week on the Hobie Cat, which is very enjoyable.
this is all included, no extra charges!! :-)

Room Tip: We had a studio on the lower level with a view to the lagoon away from the pool and public walk ways. no stairs!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

The best recommendation of all is a returning guest, We love them!

It is wonderful to hear that you received a truly good experience, this is most definitely the sentiment we strive to provide our guests. We are pleased that our staff looked after you well and that you enjoy your every other year vacation with us.

We will be very happy to welcome you back "home" hopefully soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Karem at the Kid's Club was terrific with my daughter and keeping her entertained for an hour with crafts. It was a good diversion from swimming. She painted with her, and did some puzzle/maze and probably helped her with her spanish also. She was very courteous and kind to my daughter which means a lot as a mother, traveling from another country. Thank you for your time Karem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie S
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you for your nice comments, specially to our Kid's Club staff which we are very proud of, we have shared your comment with Karmen and we thank you on her behalf.

Come back soon, it will be our pleasure to be your host again.