Royal Solaris Cancun
$538
$249
$190
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
  • Pool
$150
$101
5,282 results
All reviewsmarco pololas fuentesentertainment staffocean viewtime shareswim up barfamily vacationnightly showshot dogsmexican nightmini clubkids clubmexican foodsushi barnachosgreat vacationpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in September 2012; it was a rather spur-of-the-moment trip for which we found a good rate. The first thing I will say is that for the cost, Royal Solaris Cancun offered good value. However, there were other aspects where we found ourselves wanting more.

This was our first experience with an All Inclusive resort, and perhaps our expectations were too high based on what others have said about All Inclusives. But we had gone on some cruises before which offer some inclusive elements. That's my baseline.

Staff: Everyone was very friendly and attentive, we had no problems with this aspect of the hotel.

Rooms: They seemed a bit dated, and with use of the shower or even opening the balcony door, a sheen of moisture quickly accumulated on the tile floors, enough that you needed to take care not to slip. This led to a bit of a musty aura to the room. That said, it was clean. Bed was neither luxurious or poor, we slept fine. One nice touch was the personal jacuzzi on the balcony, we enjoyed that quite a bit.

Grounds: We stayed mainly at the pool complex. Not as good as some resorts I've stayed at, but better than some others. Towels, loungers, and umbrellas were plentiful. Plenty of kids who seemed to be having fun, and it wasn't so loud as to be obnoxious to us (no kids). We felt a bit of a 'Spring Break" vibe here, though it wasn't that time of year. Not our scene, but if that's what you're looking for, this will probably serve you. Beach had some canopy beds which we used, not sure if these are attended by staff. Nice beach, warm water, what else do you need?

Food and Drink: Here is where we felt the All Inclusive aspect fell short. First meal at the poolside grill... self serve, cold burgers and hotdogs, and nachos is all I remember. Ingredients of low quality, well below dive bar type stuff. Morning breakfast buffet was slightly better but still underwhelming. Dinner buffet typically had a theme, I think once it was "Chinese" though that term must be applied loosely. Their best restaurant has nice ambiance and the food is tasty enough with better quality ingredients, though still lacking something. And no Mexican food to be found! Its Mexico, I don't think having some authentic Mexican food available is too much to ask. Drinks in the restaurant were of reasonable quality but the pool bar offered very sugary, watered down stuff. I didn't expect top shelf stuff there but this fell below what I thought I'd be getting.

Overall, Royal Solaris Cancun may offer a good value choice to certain travelers. The 'Spring Break' set will find sun, fun, sand, and plenty of alcohol, and if you value quantity you'll find that here. Families with kids who want pool time, burgers, fries, and hotdogs at a comfortable pirce may find their needs met. If you are looking for good food, good (as opposed to plentiful) drinks, and you want some Mexican food, either stick to their best restaurant or better yet, find an All Inclusive that offers higher quality. We were not sorry to have stayed here, but we ultimately decided that we would have been better off spending more and feeling more satisfied with how we spent our vacation time.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room with a personal jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel was almost average, I probably would have only given it 2.5 stars if that were an option. Let me explain.
Pros
1. The Bar Service was impeccable!
2. The Kids Club teachers were amazing!
3. Easy access to the amazing beach.
4. Great location, a skip away from everything in Cancun.
5. Very clean and well maintained.
6. Lots of pools.
Cons
1. The food was less than desirable. By day 3 you will be begging for anything.
2. The liquor is watered down, even the so called "top shelf".
3. The beds are very small.
4. AC is not what we call AC in the US. It's better than no AC, but barely.
5. No Room service, except for a continental breakfast.
6. Only the 1st and 7th floor have balconies.
7.Poorly insultated, you can hear everything that is going on in the hallway at all hours of the day.

My Story...This is the 4th time I have been to Cancun. When in Mexico we have only done ALL INCLUSIVE resorts and prefer to try a different one each time we go. This is by far our LEAST favorite of the chain AI options.
We arrived at noon, and they didn't allow us for early check in. While registering we requested a room on the 7th floor because I knew we wanted a balcony. Hesitantly, he gave us a room but told us to come back between 3 and 4. We ended up in our room, it was clean and delightful. It overlooked the marina, but that wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. There was a refrigerator with 4 sodas, 4 waters and 4 cute tiny bottles of beer. All good so far, right? The first couple of days were great, except for the poor sleep quality due to humid room and hard, small beds. We were still exploring the hotel, getting to know the restaurants, etc. Finally on day 4 we get to our cleaned room and realize there is no soda in our fridge (previously they restocked it daily). I called the front desk to request more and they said they could no longer give us soda because we were not "MEMBERS". I quarreled with them about this because at all of the other AI I have stayed (Dreams, Melia, Barcelo) considered this a standard service. They told us that rooms with balconies are only for members and that we shouldn't have been in that room. Furthermore, she went on to tell me that only "members" get a refrigerator in their rooms and only those rooms with refrigerators were allowed canned sodas. The last straw was when we went to go to lunch at one of the 3 restaurants and they wouldn't let us in because we were not members. The only lunch option for non-members is the gross buffet or the snack shack.
Honestly, had I known that this was a discriminatory hotel, I wouldn't have gone. There was definitely a divide between the members and nonmembers when it came to service. The employees know because the color of the bracelet you have to wear. The red and gold ones are for members, the green ones are for minors and the colored ones are for non-members.
This hotel seriously has no business segregating. There is nothing here worth getting a membership for. A membership is $10,000(US) for a one week a year for 30 years, but that only includes the room. It's an additional $500 a week per person for the AI option. Geez....Seriously a bogus rip off scam if I have ever seen one.
The one thing I was pleasantly surprised about compared to all of my other experiences was the Kids Club. The Kids Club is for kids 4-11. You can drop them off from 10Am-5pm everyday. They have a craft or sport, or game every hour. If they are not into that then they can play in this awesome kiddie water park. If your child needs you, then they will come and get you. Our 4 year old daughter LOVED this. The teachers were so good to her. Sara was her favorite. Sara took her time and really got to know our child. They laughed and played and our daughter cried when she had to leave each day. This was relaxing for me because I was 10 feet away lounging at the pool.
My daughter was safe and truly enjoyed her trip. This is the only kids club that truly honors what they advertise. It's better than they said.....If you have little kids (not tots) 4-7ish.....they will LOVE this aspect of this resort.
The swim up bar was awesome. The drinks were small and watery (no fault of the bartenders), but the service was simply amazing. Clemin and Samuel were so friendly, spoke good English and made our trip memorable.
If you are on the fence about this resort, DON't come here. It's not even close to par with similar resorts. It advertises itself as a 5-star. It's not even close, it would be lucky to be a 3 star here in the states. There is more bad then good at this place.

Room Tip: 7th Floor, Ocean View......They are remodeled, have balconies and have a mini-refrigerator.
6  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here as part of our timeshare. Based on our timeshare reservation we were suppose to be at their GR property, but we were not mad at the mix up. Checking in was easy and we didn't have to leave a credit card on file; since I packed a separate bag with our swim stuff we went to the pool and waiting for our room to be ready. Instead of telling a long story I will share some pros and cons.

Pros.. All inclusive is great when you have kids.
2. The food was simple enough that any child can eat and not be picky.
3. The resort is safe. I didn't have a huge problem leaving my 5&6 yr old at the kids club, letting them go to the bathroom or get lunch by themselves. We were always near by.
4. The staff is great very friendly and always had a smile.

Cons.. The rooms are not that great.. get the upgrade or request a marina room with a balcony.
2. The pool isn't the cleanest.. however this is because people eat in the pool.
3. The WiFi purchase is per device. Read the contract.
4. The pool tiles are slippery I slid into the pool several times. My son did it a few times as well.
5. You feel left out of things if you are not a member. For example, restaurant choices can be limited for non members (point of frustration at times).

Other things to point out.. the drinks are good... not very strong so you can drink all day. (That is the point for those who critique that). They are not the fanciest hotel but the service is well worth the sacrifice. The Royal Solaris is very kid friendly and not as crowded as GR; it's not as pretty as GR either. The entertainment was fun and they keep everyone engaged.

At the end of the day we had a great time and I would return.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We attended a wedding at the Royal Solaris and had many opportunities to dine at their various restaurants. Every meal we had was delicious...the wedding meal was beyond delicious and one of the best wedding meals I have ever had. We were lucky to have received service on numerous occasions from an outstanding server, Morimoto. He was specifically requested by the mother of the groom due to his outstanding service and attention at the rehearsal dinner. He provided such exemplary service and has such outstanding people skills that we were continually impressed and pleased with his service. He is, by far, a major asset to this establishment and a pleasure to have as a server.

1  Thank ilspedteacher
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I stayed here June 2014. The hotel was clean but a little dated. The pool was perfect for our family. Many activities and we didn't have to worry about our children ages 9 and 5. They were able to swim in the shallow pools and we were able to relax and enjoy a few beverages. The small kids club was perfect also, the kids are signed in and asked if they can leave by themselves or you have to come back and get them. Since the resort was small, we felt comfortable in letting our kids come and go from the kids club on their own.

The staff was amazing throughout the hotel, they went above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. The only bad experience we had was checking in, the lobby is small and under staff, we waited in line over 30 minutes to check-in. But on the plus side since our room wasn't ready they upgraded us to an ocean view at no extra charge.

Food was ok, the only complaint my husband had that there was NO bacon at breakfast buffet

HIGHLY recommend this resort!!! The kids can't wait to go back!