This hotel is definitely worn down and showing its age. Everything from room furniture to the concrete surfaces around the pools and the restaurant furniture and decor are quite old and worn down. There were leak spots and mildew spots in the ceiling of the 8th floor room. There is a strong smell of mildew mixed with the smell of the bleach cleaning product they use to clean the tile floors all over the hotel including the rooms. The food is so so and inconsistent. Drinks literally have only a trace of alcohol in them. Even the bartenders laugh about that and admit it. The serving staff including the waiters and waitresses are very friendly. However, the front desk staff are amazingly rude and unhelpful. They either ignore you, try to scam you into charges for unnecessary upgrades and extras or flat out lie to you or give you the wrong information. They don't give you any information about hotel services or lay out when you check in and when you ask about that later, they pass you off to their time share sharks who will then hound you until you literally run away from them. It almost seems, as strange as it sounds, the front desk staff is trained to make sure that guests never return to this hotel. My wife was speculating that the reason for that might be that most of the packages are prepaid and they don't refund anything if you check out early in frustration and go to another hotel. This way they will sell the same room night again to other unsuspecting travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico