Royal Solaris Cancun
$249
$337
$275
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
5,320 results
All reviewsmarco pololas fuentesentertainment staffocean viewtime shareswim up barfamily vacationnightly showshot dogsmexican nightmini clubkids clubmexican foodsushi barnachosgreat vacationpool side
Reviewed May 6, 2013

First day I was a little disappointed because I felt the rooms needed to be upgraded. So I upgraded my family to a balcony/jacuzzi room. Much better and was happy with the ocean view as well as the jacuzzi. What I got most from my stay at this hotel was the staff and people at the resort. Buffet was good, Marco Polo was excellent. Drinks were ok like most all inclusive resorts but what stood out to me was the staff. Very accommodating and helpful. The positive out weighed the negative to me. I would definitely go here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank khasai_stayfly
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our restaurant Marco Polo and our staff. We hope to see you and your family again in a near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband, sister-in-law and 3 kids (14, 16, 19) stayed March 25 to April 1. All in all I'd say this is not a 4 star - a 3 or 3.5 yes. The grounds, pool area and beach are a 4 star - and the main lobby / lobby are would be as well, but rest of the place is pretty average.

The rooms are clean - though air conditioning in all 3 rooms was for the birds. The thermostat obviously was not working so you were either in an ice berg, or you turned it off. When turned off however, you get the typical tropical humid, muggy, musty, stale air results. The rooms too were very basic and outdated. Again, basic and outdated is not a bad thing... just not what you'd expect for a 4 star. We've stayed at two 3 star hotels in Cuba that were on par.

The breakfast and dinner buffet had limited food. They have two larger stations but they are duplicate, so really not lots of food choices. They had three different grills, but limited food selection (generally one thing) at each. Breakfast used one for eggs and one for pancakes/crepes etc which was good. Otherwise the food was... poor to average. The main trouble was again the temperature. Whatever food you got was barely warm or cold by the time you got to your table.

Also, we found after day two, that if you wanted bacon or peanut butter - they have it, but you have to ask and they seem to always give you the "huh, no i don't think so, we no have"... yet when you push - they have it in the kitchen. Only one waiter got it for us without asking more than once.

The drinks were good but skimpier than usual on the alcohol content. We are not huge drinkers, so not too picky, but I heard a number of people asking for "doubles" and complaints that they were too syrupy and not enough alcohol.

The lunch buffet food at the Rosmarinus was pretty good - better than the main dinner buffet sometimes. We never did eat dinner there though - a few nights they were closed and other nights it always said Mexican on the menu and noone liked the choices.

The staff and the shows were great 4+ stars. The little snack buffet by the pool was always a great option during the afternoon - but one can only handle so much fast food/greasy choices.

I have traveled a lot - Cuba, Dominican, Mexico and other areas, and at these 3 countries stayed at 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. Understanding that a category is not necessarily the same level as one in a different country, where Mexico has always been the "best" followed by Dominican then Cuba. As I said, I would have rated this hotel a Cuban or Dominican 4 - but not Mexico.

A couple of little improvements could have gone a long way. None of the rooms had a coffee maker, or mini-fridge. You had to call the front desk and ask to have bottled water brought up when you wanted it. You had to hunt for the room service (for continental breakfast) form to hang on your door. You had to ASK for a lock/key for the safe (I don't think they have enough for all rooms). You had to ASK for a map of the place, which was really weird for I didn't see them give anyone the map (which also had other good info on it) to anyone checking in. Rather they want you to sit with a concierge so she can tell you where everything is (and still not give you a map) as they try to get you to go the GR Caribe Tour and get the gifts for doing so). We didn't sit with her (I pushed for a map at the front desk) until a day later when she said we HAD to. We wasted 20 min listening to her go on about everything we'd already figured out and what was on the map. Stupid. And as I said about bacon and PB... almost hidden.

I've stayed at Temptations (4) and Dreams Puerto Aventuras (4) in recent years and both exceed this resort by far. The only thing this resort has over them is the gorgeous beach. We really like Secrets Silversands (5) and understand that its a 5 star for a reason, and it is certainly better than the other two I just mentioned... but WAAAAY better than Solaris.

My rating out of 10 .... 4. Out of 5... 2.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cally123

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your comments are very important for us as it is through them that we find ways to improve our guest's experience. We are sorry about the inconvenieces experienced during your stay with us. We are improving our services in the variety and quality of the menus.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Overall I loved the resort. There are a couple things you should know
1. Bring at least 200 American dollars in case you need to go the the doctor. He only takes cash
2. Marco Polo is the best place to have dinner every night. The food is delicious and the servers are very attentive. Also make sure to order the flaming coffee, it's delicious!!!
3. Beach is better if you want to tan and relax without having kids near you. Also they will take your drink order when you are tanning on the beach.
4. The staff is extremely friendly, so if anything bothers you just ask the staff and they will fix it ASAP. They also will deliver water to your room if you call the front desk.
5. Food: breakfast is good at las Fuentes - great omelet and waffle Bar, also they sometimes have delicious chocolate croissant!
Lunch: we mainly ate at the snack bar by the pool. The snack bar has a couple different options everyday so it's close and good when you tanning. There are places but we never felt the need or want to go to other places.
Supper: Marco Polo was the best delicious food, delicious drinks and the staff is amazing. Rosemaria is good but it's outside in the heat and the menu is not as delicious, on the other hand there was never a line and the servers are great.
6.Location.- near the airport so it's a quick trip. There is a bus stop close to the hotel and there are buses every 2 minutes. You can go anywhere in the hotelera for just 1 US dollar.
7. Internet is expensive at the hotel, so just go on a day trip to the Liverpool, Starbucks and many others. Just go for a walk and you'll find a connection. Make sure to bring a device to connect.

Overall pack lots of sunscreen and bring comfortable cover ups and nice clothes for Marco Polo.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Youngcanada

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to having you again in a near future !

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My 9yr old daughter, husband and I stayed from April 22-April 28. When we checked in they told us that our double room was not available & would only have a king room. after arguing for 15 mins. that I paid for a room with two queens as 3 of us couldn't fit in a king room they upgraded us to an oceanview double. They tried to charge me an upgrade ecen though it was their mistake and after another 10 mins finally got a room key without the extra charge. we went to go swim at 8 and they said the pool was closed. what kind of hotel closes the pool at 8pm especially one in mexico??? When we did go to the pool the next day we went to the towel desk & they said we needed towel keys. Since didn't receive any kind of information package we had no idea. when I went to get towel keys from the reception desk they said they already gave me some & since I had lost them there would be a charge to replace them. After arguing yet again I finally got the towel keys. 3 days before we left we were told there should have been someone tove us a wrlcome package and they would have them for us...guess what still never got it! would have been nice to know about the in house entertainment, kids club and hours and map of the property prioe to our departure for going back home. When its a first time visiting I expected much more.
The only great things were the all inclusive food, Cony at the all inclusive was amazing!
The entertainment staff were great and so fun and the kids club were sweet.
I have been to hawaii and hawaii is far more visually apealing and much more to do without trying to venture out on buses. If I go back it would be only for a few days. I don't think there is enoigh to do in Cancun for kids and maybe that was part of our dislike.

• Stayed: April 2013
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Thank you as well for pointing out how great our staff is specially Cony and the entetainment guys.
We are sorry about the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us, we will inform our General Manager to avoid this in the future. It is through your feedback that we can find ways to improve our guest's experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My sister and I visited this wonderful place and stayed for 10 nights. We had an amazing time. The beach was beautiful, the staff were so nice, the food was great and the property was kept very clean! \there was a good atmosphere here even though vacationers came from all over the world and spoke many languages. There were so many young families and kids there and they were just loving the pool. It was priceless to watch them and they made you smile.

Beware the aggressive time share presentation. We did not have a chance to have a tour of the property and this is what we were led to think it was.

Other than that, certain staff really helped to make us feel welcome - Ceasar, Gino, Clemantino and Alexjandro.

We really enjoyed the evening show Latina - it was fantastic!

We dined most of our evenings at Marco Polo and that was so satisfying. Be sure to ask for the Mayan coffee... yum!

At pool side, the music was excellent and the drinks were delicious and very colorful. In fact, we tried many, many drinks we had not even heard of before. Be careful, however, because those drinks sneak up on you - they do contain a generous dollop of alcohol.

The weather, every day, was perfect. We witnessed an amazing thunder and lightning storm the last night we were in Cancun.

The resort was good at facilitating the tours we wanted to take while there. Especially be sure to check out Xplore. That was definitely a major addition to our trip to Mexico as were the food, culture and people.

We are already talking about the next trip.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe ocean view room. This was great but we would have loved to have had a balcony - even better!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sherry R

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them a lot as it is through them that we can find new ways to improve our guest's experience.
Thank you for pointing out how great our staff is specially: Cesar, Gino, Clementino and Alejandro. We are glad you enjoyed the latin show as well.
We look forward to seeing you again in a near future !

Best regards,