My husband and I purchased a Groupon for this resort and had really no expectations. I had read basically ALL of the reviews and figured, why not. It was such a great deal and we were extremely pleased with everything.
First off, they offered us an "upgrade" to the sister resort next door. It had more restaurants, but everyone came to our pool and since we were only going to be there for 4 nights, we figured we didn't need to. I also asked to see our room before agreeing to this upgrade. We had a king size bed, balcony, refrigerator, safe, the works! Why would I want to leave that? So we declined, but did talk to some guests who took the upgrade and enjoyed it. (The sister hotel was the Royal Solaris Caribe.)
The food was average. We didn't go there for the food though. We went to drink, relax and get some sun. The food by the pool was good. It was great to snack on. Chips and salsa, chicken nuggets, fresh fruit, burgers, fries. The breakfast buffet was very good. Fresh made pancakes/waffles/omelets, *You can even ask your serve to head to the kitchen and bring out some bacon* They only offered sausage in the buffet.
The service here was amazing. I can honestly say everyone here is so nice. We left a tip out one day and asked for more beer. Sure enough, more beer was left in our refrigerator. (Ours was stocked with water, soda and beer everyday, we just enjoyed our patio so much, we liked to sit outside and enjoy a few.) When we checked in, they have someone show you around and try and pitch massage package deals and what not if you attend a time share meeting for an hour and a half. I read previous reviews that this was not worth it. We wanted to get in the sun, so we kindly said no thank you, slipped him a $5 and we were on our way!
The pool area is amazing. I would get up in the morning and put towels on chairs for us. There was never a problem not finding chairs, but of course we wanted ones close to the amazing pool bar. The beach was SO nice. It was soft white sand and the water was gorgeous. We swam everyday like kids... but had a great time!
The restaurants here are nice. Marco Polo was delicious. It really was a nice dinner. What I liked is that you didn't have to get up in the morning to wait in line to try and get reservations. It was first come first serve. Which was awesome.
We went out to dinner one night at Ruth's Chris. You walk down to the street and wait for a bus. We hopped on and headed downtown. We felt very safe and enjoyed some shopping as well.
We also used Cancun Shuttle as transportation to and from the airport. We took a private shuttle and it was perfect. We got outside after we landed, found our shuttle service and had a beer at the outdoor bar while we waited for our car. It came in about 5-10 minutes. They were very kind and we had nice vehicles to and from.
I would definitely come back to this resort. It was a fantastic trip and the groupon deal was SO worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico