Recently spent a week here with 2 other adult ladies for a girls getaway. We had requested a balcony room and lowest floor possible. Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk infomed us that they had no balcony rooms available. We were a little bummed, but that was OK with us. After a moment the gentleman proceeds to tell us we could have a balcony room after all if we would pay $30 a day per person additional. We declined that and arrived at the room on the top floor of the hotel. So basically it doesn't matter that we asked for a lower floor. The rooms were clean but a bit outdated. That didn't really bother us since we spent most of days on the beach and at pool.
The food is good, not excellent. Alot of preparation put into the display of the food and we enjoyed the fresh guacomole and salsa each day! The pool area is well kept and very clean. The beach area was very nice. The wait staff at the restaurants and pool area were extremely nice and helpful. They get 5 stars for hospitality. The front desk staff, not so much. You have to pay for wifi each day per device. I later checked and most of the other resorts provide wifi free. This is another way to get additional money from you. I approached the front desk to see if they could check us in for our flight out. I was informed I would have to purchase wifi yet again to go online myself and do this. What hotel doesn't check you in for your flight?? The transfer from the hotel to airport came at noon only, so we had to end our day early and sit at the airport for hours when we had hoped to enjoy a llittle more time at the pool before we departed. They should have additional pick up times. When checking out, a group of 6 girls were checking in. They had booked their trip online through a travel company and were told 3 to a room was limit. The front desk was telling them that they had to purchase another room for the week and that only 2 to a room was their rule. Mind you, there were 3 in our room and that was fine. I found the front desk staff was not friendly and only interested in charging you additional money for everything. The rest of the wait staff was wonderful and friendly. This is my second trip to Cancun, and I would NOT stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico