I traveled with my husband and 2 very young children for 4 nights and it was our first time in Cancun. We read many reviews and researched many hotels. We chose Royal Solaris because of the value and the activities the hotel has for children. Although we didn't use the playroom at the Mini Club, we were very happy with the kid's pool. It was heated and decorated well. On our first night, the staff had games and prizes arranged for kids which my 3-year old thoroughly enjoyed.
Food and drinks were abundant and most of them were appetizing and tasty. We prefer the food quality and service of Las Fuertas Terrazas better than Rosmarinos. We also liked the food bar by the pool where nachos, fries and chicken were always available. The staff were always smiling and made sure we had what we needed. There are several big pools but there were so many people, the pools looked small. It was not easy to walk on pathways because there were many people sitting on them or there were lots of drinks. Many chairs were also close to the pool so it was difficult for us to walk through with a running child and a stroller. Chairs fill up quickly and there were not enough umbrellas. There were times when we wanted to swim in peace but the entertainment staff were constantly on the microphone for announcements, games, activities, shows, loud music, etc. There were already lots of people talking and shouting, so we would've preferred it if the use of microphone was tamed down a bit. We only saw one evening show and we enjoyed it very much.
The room was ok. Nothing to rave about. I think it needs updating. The TV is still the big boxed one. We didn't have a tub. It would've been easier to have one while bathing kids. We were happy with the cleaning staff. Margarita was very observant of our needs. She cleaned and took away things we didn't need. She arranged our toiletries, hid the tacky bed spread and kept the cold AC off.
We stayed away from guest reps who we heard were out to get you to buy time shares or vacation packages. We were happy that nobody hounded us for it. If there was anything we didn't like, it would be the staff person waiting by the lobby to ask us where we were going when we left the hotel. I thought the front desk was there to help guests for questions about what to do outside the hotel. We think that person was redundant and a bit intrusive. He didn't have to know where we were going. If we have something to ask from him, then we will ask him.
Also, we would prefer it if there was free Wi-fi. We stayed in many hotels and each time, we got free wi-fi access. I think the hotel should consider wi-fi access included in the all-inclusive package. I'm sure their future hotel guests would be much happier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico