I enjoyed my 1 week stay at the Royal Solaris, November 2-9, 2012. Some areas of the hotel could use some updating but it was clean and well-cared for. We chose dinner at the Marco Polo restaurant every night, rather than eat at the noisey buffet. Staff at both the hotel and the restaurant were great - friendly and very helpful. Upon our arrival we were told there was no free Wi-Fi but my friend said they should update their website so they gave it to her for free. When using one of the hotel computers to check my email (US$5 for 15 min.) it was slow and sometimes froze so it took a long time to send a short message. The food at the buffet was ok - meats and fish were overcooked and some hot dishes not kept as hot as they should, but there was lots of choice. They have several pools and lots of lounge chairs. I enjoyed walks along the beautiful beach. A trip to the upscale mall is less than 10 minutes by bus. All-in-all it was a pleasant holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico