The Marco Polo restaurant has the best food (fancy flaming coffee!) and you can't beat 5 course dinners with all the wine/cocktails you would like. The lobby ambiance and outdated fixtures make the hotel seem a bit old. Was clean and good value for money (all inclusive drinks and food--you'll never go hungry and keep quite a buzz if you like...). Excellent customer service with friendly staff willing to go the extra mile to keep you happy.
Is definitely not one of the more modern and fancy/expensive hotels which would probably make it good for families. Pools were comfortable and the entire resort felt very safe. WIFI is an extra $15/day but it felt good to be unplugged for a few. The evening shows are not the best entertainment but amusing at least. The only annoying thing were the entertainment staff at the pool who talk into a microphone all day long with their drinking games and nightclub promotions...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's VIKS Club offers a 6,324-square-foot recreation area for children. Supervised activities include video games, arts and crafts, and painting lessons. The mini water park features The Arch, a themed aquatic area with elephants, gorillas, zebras, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, giraffes, and a children's pool and three waterslides. The club is open morning until early evening in the winter, and morning until evening in the summer.Daily adult activities include pool aerobics, bingo, contests, fashion shows, cooking lessons, and athletic competitions. Nightly entertainment shows such as Mexican night and Latino night are produced by the resort's activities/entertainment staff in an air-conditioned theater. After-dark activities also include complimentary one-way transportation to the nightlife area of Cancún.A 300-square-meter health-and-beauty spa features separate steam rooms for men and women. Spa services include massage, body wraps and scrubs, hydrotherapy, and facials. Waxing and hair/nail care are provided by the beauty salon. Open-air massage and hair braiding are offered as well. (Surcharge for all spa treatments, beauty services, and hair braiding.)An air-conditioned, fitness center with mirrored walls contains cardio and weight machines as well as free weights. Within the resort are jewelry, clothing and gift/sundries shops. The resort purifies its water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Royal Solaris Caribe
- Solaris Resort Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun Mexico