After reading a bunch of reviews, I was a little worried. Got there at 5 p.m. and check in was a breeze as we were ushered into the concierge to check in. Rooms were ready. We looked at the list of restaurants and decided to try Sarape first. Food was okay and service was adequate. Then we checked out the other restaurants. Seating was limited on the restaurants so we ended up on the buffet most of the time. It was difficult to get a reservation in the Careyes so we gave up on that, too. We went to Dos Lunas twice as my family enjoyed the food and the show. Artemio provided good service there. At the Market place buffet, Miguel also provided courteous and friendly service. Likewise for Francisco at the Cocoa who was pleasant and accommodating. We had to wait 45 minutes to get seated though and noticed that the host was seating other guests who just got there. When we complained, the host finally gave us a seat. Food was good and the view was superb. It is a good idea to show up early to get seated right away in any of the restaurants.
The service at the VIP lounge was lousy. We went there twice and were snubbed by the snotty and impertinent servers. The hotel should change the servers there with people like Miguel, Artemio and Francisco. After all, they called it VIP lounge so change the servers with those who know how to treat guests well. Maybe switch those VIP servers to dish washing instead - away from guests.
although we got all inclusive, we did tip and I believe that made the difference. Even the housekeeper was reluctant to provide water but when she saw some tip, she obliged. Likewise for the servers. I think tipping encourages them to continue providing good service.
One annoying thing was there was only one elevator working at the Grand pyramid.
The grounds were beautiful and the beach was awesome. Just like the other reviews said, do not expect five star service if you did not pay for such. With the exception of the VIP lounge servers, the experience was a good value for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel, getaroom.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico