“Vince - Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

You added Grand Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 16.5 | Cancun hotel zone, km 16.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #94 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
San Diego, California
“Vince - Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

After reading a bunch of reviews, I was a little worried. Got there at 5 p.m. and check in was a breeze as we were ushered into the concierge to check in. Rooms were ready. We looked at the list of restaurants and decided to try Sarape first. Food was okay and service was adequate. Then we checked out the other restaurants. Seating was limited on the restaurants so we ended up on the buffet most of the time. It was difficult to get a reservation in the Careyes so we gave up on that, too. We went to Dos Lunas twice as my family enjoyed the food and the show. Artemio provided good service there. At the Market place buffet, Miguel also provided courteous and friendly service. Likewise for Francisco at the Cocoa who was pleasant and accommodating. We had to wait 45 minutes to get seated though and noticed that the host was seating other guests who just got there. When we complained, the host finally gave us a seat. Food was good and the view was superb. It is a good idea to show up early to get seated right away in any of the restaurants.

The service at the VIP lounge was lousy. We went there twice and were snubbed by the snotty and impertinent servers. The hotel should change the servers there with people like Miguel, Artemio and Francisco. After all, they called it VIP lounge so change the servers with those who know how to treat guests well. Maybe switch those VIP servers to dish washing instead - away from guests.
although we got all inclusive, we did tip and I believe that made the difference. Even the housekeeper was reluctant to provide water but when she saw some tip, she obliged. Likewise for the servers. I think tipping encourages them to continue providing good service.

One annoying thing was there was only one elevator working at the Grand pyramid.

The grounds were beautiful and the beach was awesome. Just like the other reviews said, do not expect five star service if you did not pay for such. With the exception of the VIP lounge servers, the experience was a good value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor with ocean view at the Grand Pyramid.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Vince l
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Vince,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.
It gives us great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants; we count on several different bars and restaurants to cater for our guests tastes.
It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding members of our team. We shall of course congratulate them for their terrific work.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was at the Grand Oasis Cancun resort a few weeks ago. As soon as we arrived in the lobby there was no AC and the check-in took forever. As soon as a representative at the front desk spoke to us (Antonio) he was adamant in getting us to move to Oasis Sens because apparently we were told that the AC in our room was not working. However, we stated that we booked this resort and only wanted to stay at this resort we booked. The representative kept going back and forth from the front desk to the back office wasting time and hoping we would give in and accept Oasis Sens but we told him there was no way that we were switching resorts. He then said take the room card check the room out and then come back and tell me if you are okay with the room, again we said we stop wasting our time and check us in. We thought our room was in the Pyramid itself but we were placed in the outer building (you get no wifi there unless in the Pyramid- must pay for wifi). Finally, he reluctantly checked us in and we arrived to the room the AC was working fine! They were overbooked at the Grand Oasis and were trying to get rid of people. The resort itself (beach and pools) were beautiful and nicely kept.The hotel service was poor, one day they did not even clean the room, another day they did not even give clean towels instead they left us with 2 little face cloths (how is one to shower with a face cloth?!). We asked for more towels but it literally took them hours to deliver the towels as well as a roll of toilet paper. Clearly, this resort is understaffed. I thought things would get better but my stay at the resort became worse. One morning as I was walking through the hotel lobby there was a puddle of water thrown on the floor in which I slipped on and I fell and my knee popped out and got dislocated. As I was laying there on the floor in pain, the hotel staff did not come to assist me instead a man who was staying at the hotel came running to help. Then the hotel wanted me to sign a form which was all written in Spanish and they kept insisting I sign it (can't read Spanish; they had no English forms). The wheelchair I was provided with at that time to transport me to my room, they wanted back right away and at that time I could not even get myself out of the chair. They did not give me any ice, nothing. They did not call my room the next day or any other day to check and see how I was doing. I went to the hospital the next day to get properly checked out. I had to use a wheelchair the entire trip and the resort doesn't quite accommodate people with wheelchairs. No ramp access to the beach, no specific tables for people with wheelchairs or disabilities. If you are in a wheelchair do not bother coming to this resort (some restaurants had steps, no ramps). It was one horrible experience after another and even after taking their oral survey in regards to the resort with a rep member she said she will see what she can do about the situation, but again no one contacted me nor called my room to see how I was doing or if I needed anything. I will not be staying at this resort ever again- very poor service!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
3 Thank S S
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We deeply regret the inconvenience that occurred during your stay with us.
For safety reason, ‘Wet Floor’ signs are placed in public areas where they are doing cleaning or repairs; we regret that despite this, you had an unfortunate accident. It is very important for us to mention that our supervisor accompanied you during the process, in addition to our doctor performing the relevant studies and support, because for us, the safety and welfare of our guests is paramount.
We reiterate our sincere apologies and we are at your disposal, as we have been since the time of the accident. If you require further assistance, please contact us info@oasishoteles.com.

Kind regards

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Got this through groupons. Not so all inclusive. Could never get reservations for formal restaurants, no stocked refrigerator, incredibly bad food. This is where the third world and drunk kids go to vacation. Service was horrible, huge rats on property. Then when you try to leave they jack you for more money on things you already paid for.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Frank R
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Frank,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation. We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is my 6th time traveling to Cancun/Playa del Carmen. I have stayed in so many resorts. I loved the pool in this hotel and palm trees. It's huge pool and love the activities. The rooms were always clean and we had a semi good view. We didn't mind paying for room service. Great shows and entertainment for the guests. The only thing I completely disliked was the poor cheap alcohol & tequila options. The best they had was Jose Cuervo which is like a $12 bottle here in the US. Made us sick and couldn't enjoy drinking for the remainder of our trip taking advantage of the all inclusive . The beer tasted very watery. I think because it's all inclusive they serve you cheap drinks of course. Also, I was very dissatisfied with the swim up bars hours of operation. They close by 4:30-5pm which is way too early when you're on vacation. Then you get out of the pool to get a drink at another bar and they were out of beer in all of them (this happened twice). The food was not good. Even the restaurant ones were not good. Like not much flavor. I would stay here again only if they added a little more liquor and food options and extended swim up bar hours at least for one more hour. Other than that, hotel is not that bad.

Room Tip: You can still have a semi ocean view without having a direct ocean view and pay extra for it. I will...
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sophie0616
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Sophie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us recognize our areas of opportunity so we can provide a better service in the future. We will contact the departments in charge to make sure the issues are rectified.
We would also like to let you know that we are constantly innovating our food and beverage department and offer a great variety of restaurants with high quality food for our guests to enjoy.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to change your perception of us.

Kind regards.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The resort grounds are beautiful. The lobby really could use air conditioning. Didnt really enjoy the food on the resort even though we had AI. After a few not so good meals on the resort, we decided to venture off the resort for our meals. I think this hotel just really needs renovation. The room itself was okay but the bathroom is really outdated. It was a lot of 1/2 "butt" fixer uppers I noticed around this resort, which gave it a low budget look and feel. Some of the staff was friendly but then others weren't friendly at all. Not too mention some of the staff English language was not good at all nor their comprehension. Just not a good experience at all. It really ruined my feelings about going back to Cancun. That may have been my 1st and last time to Cancun.

4 Thank Patrice1217
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
"Dear Patrice,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had with the air conditioning, we have passed this information on to our maintenance department who have resolved the issue

Kind Regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were terrified by the reviews but were pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 7 AM and the hotel offered to hold our bags and give us our wrist bands so that we had full access to the hotel which was AWESOME considering we had taken the red eye and were hungry and tired. We were told we could check in at 3 but checked in at around 4 because we lost track of time having fun at the beach and pool. The check in was very fast, like 5 minutes maybe and our room was fine, nothing special but perfect for us. AC worked perfect and we were really only there to sleep. My fiancé and I are easy going and all we wanted was a great beach and pool. Oasis has a beautiful beach and pool. The grounds are amazing with beautiful landscaping. Drinks are weak unless you ask them to be stronger, you can have whatever you want. The food was hit and miss. I suggest the VIP bar for breakfast and MAKE a RESERVATION for sure. We ate at the gourmet mexican food place one night and wished we had made more reservations because it was really good! It was my fiancés birthday and the waiter brought us a bottle of champagne and sang to us. It was very nice. This hotel is not an American Ritz Carleton so if you are looking for that then pay a ton more and you can stay at one right down the beach. If you just want to have fun at the beach and pool and are easy going this place is for you. Also the staff is very very nice!!

• 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Kirsten R
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Kirsten,

We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our service.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

It started on day one. We had to change rooms 3 times room 1 shower did not work. Room 2 air condition did not work. Don't think you are getting all inclusive because there is a charge for safe in room there is a charge for wi fi. The service was the worst ever. I would not stay at this resort if they let me stay free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Nancy H
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Nancy,

We appreciate your comments and we are truly sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. We try to do our best to satisfy all of our guests by providing a wide variety of services.
We have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments so that they correct the inconveniences you encountered and so that these can be avoided in the future.