Accommodations: Superb corner unit - Double wide suite, quadruple glass sliding doors to wide balcony with potted flowers. South West facing Ocean Front. Bed was 2 queens and very comfortable. Daily maid and turndown service. Premium beer & liquor & bottled water. Powerful A/C. iPhone docking station. Satellite TV with big LCD screen. Nice drapes and colour schemes. Did not use Jacuzzi tub but shower was a huge walk-in with multiple heads. Grand Oasis was spotless from lobby to each floor to the beach. Fortunately we were far away from the college kids in Playa 1 and 2. Wifi was not free even with VIP.
Food & Service: The upgrade restaurants were good overall. VIP lounge and bar was excellent. Good food and service. Cocoa (seafood) and Bahia Rodizzio (Brazilian) restaurants were superb; great wine, food, service and atmosphere. I liked Dos Luna (Italian). The buffets were good but the college kids were loud and boorish,
Entertainment: nightly floor show in lobby of Grand Oasis. Acrobats ala Cirque Soleil were truly antigravity and entertaining. Mayan / Aztec show was excellent. Some great fire walking and dancing.
Excursions: Dolphin swimming Las Delfinas was good but expensive. Photos way overpriced.
Catamaran cruise to Isla Murejes was great. Spinaker sail diving was a thrill. So was snorkeling.
Overall, a great place to stay at if you get into Grand Pyramid. Many thanks to Nashla Lozand, Hotel Director, for the upgrade and advice. She made our holiday.
Avoid the other smaller buildings as they are getting past their prime and attract the entry level college kids on spring break. Stay away from Playa 1 & 2 buildings; the college kids are drunken animals. Totally out of control 24/7. Excessive use of alcohol, swearing and yelling and partying until daybreak to very loud music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico