“PAY EXTRA FOR THE GRAND !”
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Grand Oasis Cancun
Ranked #91 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Theres the grand oasis and the oasis. Gets confusing but soooo worth the grand. It was $100 more we got 14 restaurant, a burlesque, mini fridge, away from cheap students parting all night, way better room, better towels. There is a seafood restaurant on the beach that only the grand get. OMG FABULOUS went I think 4 times. Asian buffet wasnt very good. If you dont get the grand it costs you $40 for the bar fridge and $30/ person for each restraint you want to eat at. There was this other restaurant that was amazing too they cooked fresh meat and came to your table and cut it off the stick for you. Staff was amazing. Overall really good. And not fret if you see all the reviews about it being the party place its really not that bad. We were scared but it was fine. They are all eating at different times and are up at different times so you dont see the partyers. Still lots o families and older couples. I wouldnt suggest going on spring break if you're not there to party. Great party resort but the disco smellls sooooooo bad. Food is different then Canada for sure so dont expect much and it will be better !! :P Staff was really nice. GREAT PRICE FOR THIS RESORT !! So dont expect the a Riu place when you go !!! BEACH IS THE BEST even better then cuba !!! I would suggest it over Dominican and cuba !! Its also safe and $1 to get the bus into town. DONT BE DUMB and you will be fine ! !! Alcohol itsnt every good but by the third you wont notice anyways. If you have the money I would go with beach view sooo worth it. Yes some things in the room are run down but it doesnt affect you. Also you're in MEXICO GET OUT OF THE ROOM !!! wifi is $35 for 5 days or $7/day

Room Tip: Request near the beach with balcony Do the grand SEAFOOD restaurant Airport is SOOOOO cold...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank BreanneF94
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Breanne,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our entertainment concept and our relaxed environment.

We greatly appreciate the special mention of our team who helped make your stay more pleasant. We will surely congratulate them for their amazing job.

Thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

There are newer reviews for Grand Oasis Cancun

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Grand Oasis Cancun is best worry free relaxing experience ! Special thanks to Gabriel Velazquez and Vanessa Garcia making it that way.They took care of us as a friends not as customers.We had helpful answers and outstanding service within moments anytime we asked. Hope to be back soon.
Clean rooms serviced everyday.Great food.Highly recommend A++++++

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Naomi V

Dear Naomi,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.

We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

i went to grand oasis for two weeks and it was hilarious so much young people everywhere having fun,good things that hapen to us is that we have seen afrojack on the stage and special djs too.animation was good,the food is good but is not the best,rooms are ok if youre not looking for luxury,lets say this is a party resort where you just come to have fun,i will recomend you to have a room in the main pyramid also the main show is pretty good.workers are very kind specialy lorenzo and pachis at the bar.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hayley d
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Hayley,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our atmosphere, our restaurants and personalized service.

An important part of our effort is to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to achieve it.

We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

we had a night out at coco bongo on the party zone in cancun and that night i just lose my purse and all my id's money but the must important thing MY PASSPORT.when we return to my hotel i just meet georgina (asistent manager) and i explain her my terrible party history because how supoust to be fly to my country without ID and she call to the night club administrator and they found my passport all the people in Grand Oasis is really helpfull and friendly.
the food is good,the beach club is awesome,see you next year!!!

Room Tip: pyramid rooms are the best
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we will surely congratulate them for their terrific job.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

After flight being canceled we were booked one night at the Oasis. Passed out college kids everywhere. Rooms disgusting. Rusted sinks, no towels , loud groups roaming Halls all night and toilet sounded like a bomb dropping. If you are over 24 not the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Tmw102

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that we haven't met your expectations, we would like to sincerely apologize and inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service.

Furthermore, we invite you to visit our website to have more information about our hotel offer and their concepts, maybe in the near future we can host you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been here before and wrote a very scathing review and TA removed it. I had a free trip back here and was upgraded. That was a lie. I was in a dark tunnel of a hotel. They didn't think I would walk upstairs and see the upgrade. To have a understanding on what this hotel offers; Walk outside in the morning when they are watering the grass. You will be welcomed with the mixture of smells; feces and puke....Yummy, let's eat breakfast!!! No shade. Watch the cook by the pool cook the burgers.. He will put the burger on the bun with the same hand that puts the raw ones one the grill. I only went here for free and the last review, that was deleted I said I
would never go back for free. Now I say, you cannot pay me to go back here. Please Mexico; Bulldoze this property and build a real Oasis!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Caper0214
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us, we are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations.

Despite this, additional benefits were offered for the inconveniences, taking into account your comfort and satisfaction.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies and we are at your disposal for clarifications in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The people here that's giving a 1 star review must have not stayed in the Grand Pyramid...you guys scared me from reading your reviews and hater comments. Do you really think all hotels are going to treat you like a king or queen? This is our first time in Cancun, All inclusive package from United Chase explorer credit card rewards partnered with Hotwire. I traveled with my husband and daughters who is 5 y/o and 9 mos old. I usually never give reviews but I think there's a lot of people in there travelling with their family like mine so here it goes...
*Check-in and out: Check-in took almost an hour, yes I think longer because of so many people in there. I asked the guy if we can get an early check-in and he said I'll check, luckily he said yes but come back in an hour, gave our black bracelets (for grand) and ate lunch. I tipped the guy for doing an extra mile for us. Check-out was quick, just don't lose your bracelets and room cards, oh but also make sure you know the right time, we we're 2 hours early for our pick-up time.
*Location: the Grand side is not noisy as in the Oasis for Spring breakers; waves are stronger in the morning but we were able to dip in the water later in the day; not enough chairs so we ended up renting the cabana by the spa (22$) for the whole day. So get there early and save your chairs
*Rooms: we stayed at #5142 (pyramid), not so grand looking but enough for all of us to get a good night sleep (esp. the baby); airconditioning is cold at night and a little warm in the morning to afternoon but its ok. Hot and cold water, C is for caliente and F is frio, which we learned later after my husband almost got burn from too much hot water; Room is above the stage where they held the shows at night but it didn't bother us with the noise (shows are MWF like cirque soleil. We tipped the cleaning lady everyday 4$ and always fill up our mini fridge, give us extra towels for the beach and showering. We have electronics and Jewelry that was untouched. I don't know if this is for everyone but we saw a long rod/stick that we don't know what's for until my husband realize the balcony door doesn't lock. It's there to hold the door close.
*Food and drinks: with All inclusive you get black bracelets. Always check the map of the hotel and list of restaurants exclusive for Grand Oasis guests. We always go to Market Place for breakfast, not so good food we think some of them are already served. The sushi place next to it was fine, Drink are watered down but again it's ok we don't want to be drunk with the kids! LOL. Our favorite was Dos Lunas (italian) and Roddizio (brazilian steak house). We didn't get in Cayeres, it's only for adults and you can only get baby sitters from 3 y/o and up so we were disappointed. Forget Hacienda Sarape it was the worst mexican food we ever eaten, the steak fajitas was so chewy and the chips were hard as a rock! VIP to lounge but then again its for adult.
So all in all we were happy with our stay here we didn't even leave for day tours. Avoid the timeshare preying for victims around the reception! Don't be fooled they will only giving you a little bit in exchange of your precious time! We might be back in the future and will probably stay longer.

Room Tip: Go to the Pyramid, Grand side
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank lezgotodabeach
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are flattered to know that your stay with us has motivated to share such a good review about our hotel.

We are very happy to have met your expectations and that you were able to have an excellent trip to Cancun. We work hard to create positive experiences for our guests to remember our hotel with a huge smile.

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. It makes us happy to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer.

We hope you can visit us again soon.