“make sure you stay in grand”
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Grand Oasis Cancun
Ranked #92 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed March 24, 2014

well just back from staying at the oasis grand top stay after ready reviews before went with open mind glad we decided to stay at the the grand part food much better -half are group stayed here and the rest stayed in the oasis cancun next door mixed group of 26-35 yrs old - the seafood rest is a must had lunch and dinner here a couple of times the brazilian resturant is great for meat choices they come round with many differnet cuts of meat -drinks were fine start off in the vip bar -i went during spring break so expected to be busy this is my 3rd time to cancun but first time staying at this hotel even though we paid to go during the day last year for the partys -hotel was spotless ,rooms were ok but clean -i had no problems -service was great and staff helpful arrived late and requested roll out bed and was at my room that same evening .u will need to request iron /board as they are not in the room again this was delived very quickly -staff great -
if your here to party then recommend a vip bed by beach and the sound stage saves you trying to get drink . if your going out in the evning the clubs offer a cover fee which includes all your drinks which is about $50 /£30 bargain . from the uk im not use to tiping so can be anoying but seems if you tip large amount $5/$10 the bar tenders seem to come to you first no matter the que - over all top holiday met so great peeps -and will be returning next year miami first week then cancun secord stayng at oasis - they only thing i would say is the rooms need updating .make sure you get black band - great staff -helpful -clean hotel -

group of mixed 25-35 years old LONDON -uk

2  Thank Neal C
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Neal,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service.

We are proud to say we have a team always ready to give their best at all times to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have a wonderful vacation. We will certainly congratulate them for their amazing job.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Grand oasis cancun was truly its own form of hell. I was here for spring break and this was easily the worst hotel that ive ever stayed in in mexico. mexico used to be my favorite place in the world and i fear that the experience has now been ruined for me. the food was absolutely disgusting. the service was terrible and i feel like wherever we went people were telling us no. they try to charge you for everything. including WATER. lets see you have all these spring breakers drinking too much and youre trying to charge them for something like water. the wifi wasnt free. my friend was really sick one night and we asked for room service to bring us water and they never came. i really think that they want people to die. our air conditioner didnt work and it was damp in our room. they beds were disgusting and when i saw what the mattress looked like underneath i almost threw up. they ac unit looked like it hadnt been cleaned in years and barely worked. i had to get drunk just to make sure i could sleep at night. we were there on spring break i dont mind partiers, but the accoustics in this place were so bad you could hear people from ACROSS the hotel making noise. absolutely no sound prevention. the mattresses were uncomfortable and lumpy and i think that the sheets were dirty. my friend was sleeping in the room and met us at the beach later and i asked if we could get turn down service... they wanted to charge 20 dollars... are you lkidding me. drinks were pure water ancd served in plastic cups. at the end of the day they littered the beach... great for the environment!! all of the waiters were nasty and hard to get their attention for a simple thing like water!! if you are thinking about staying here, dont.

Room Tip: dont stay here
2  Thank Monique_sasha

Dear Monique,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you for letting us know the inconveniences you encountered so we can report them to our housekeeping and cleaning department to make sure our hotel is clean at all times and avoid any discomforts in the future.

We wanted to let you know that we program a daily cleaning on all of our rooms and use special products to avoid any type of unusual odor.

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, since your comfort and satisfaction is really important to us.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

First time we have tried an all inclusive set up. We were not disappointed, as the location and view were everything we had hoped - and then some. The service tried hard, but you just cant really care for that many guests in one place and keep the standards high enough. People were pleasant and attentive, but we were obviously part of a huge crowd... I did a lot of research before we left and knew what to ask for, but even then, it was confusing and easily overwhelming. (I have to make restaurant reservations 48 hours in advance? How do we find our way around? What do these towels mean? what does the concierge do for us in our building? are there prices for the spa? What do these arm bands mean and what do they include?) First night there, I found traces of bed bugs on our mattress in our first floor room (with the amazing water view we paid extra for). They moved us - but I had to be quite firm - to a room facing the resort, not the water - so, I insisted it was only for that one night. Once I talked with a manager (which is obviously NOT the norm) I got everything I needed and felt fine about it all. (Mind you, I had to go through a few other people first, remain calm, remain determined, and walk back to the central desk in another building.) The second room was nicer than the first, and the third room, on the 3rd floor - was the best. They were clean... however, very basic, not fancy. In one room deadlock on door didn't work (they sent security right up to fix it), in one room broken lampshade but the next room had no lamps at all! in one room glass door didnt lock, and we paid extra for a lock for the "safe" which is a metal box in the closet... etc.
NOW: all that said. Gorgeous beach, Gorgeous water, no hassles from any vendors in or out. Great food (a lot of true Mexican fare; fruits, fish, beef....). We met people from South America, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Switzerland... Peacocks and lizards roam the immaculately landscaped property. Huge beautiful pool that goes on forever, it seems. I dont think we would go back - but we had a good time. Ask a lot of questions and find your way around early. Talk to other travelers - we learned a lot this way. For instance - people "claim" their chairs with a towel very early in the AM. (No joke, we saw people laying out their towels at 530 AM) and it is generally honored. If you wander out onto the beach at 9am looking for a chair you are going to be out of luck. The spa area rents these big "bali beds" very luxurious- for about $10 a day - sweet deal if you ask me. The drinks are all served in 6-8 oz plastic cups (late at night, they were littered everywhere but by AM, it was all clean again). Savvy travelers produced their "big gulp" 32 oz sized insulated mugs and bartenders didnt even blink filling them up. Different bars serve different booze- if you want "high end" (i.e., Jack Daniels instead of no name whatever whiskey, for instance) just figure out which bars serve it. There are a few that do. No extra charge. Entertainment in the pyramid nightly is HOT, crowded and uncomfortable but - really, really impressive. "Cirque du Soleil" type and just breathtaking. Keep a sense of humor and your expectations reasonable. Tips were never requested but always appreciated - and they did go the extra mile for them.

Room Tip: We were in the building on the beach - MUCH nicer rooms on upper levels. Check your fridge, your lig...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us recognize our areas of opportunity so we can provide a better service in the future. We will contact the departments in charge to make sure the issues are rectified.

Despite this, it is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and that you received such excellent service. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed the facilities, the beautiful beach and the entertainment, our staff is always working hard to satisfy our guests so they can have an amazing experience.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

this was my first vacation out of the united states for the spring break and it was AMAZING,we booked for one room , 3 people grand oasis package all inclusive in the main building (pyramid),they have an amazing beach club with a big stage and djs playing music all day,AFROJACK was playing music for the mtv spring break in the hotel!!we love it...food was good market place and rodizio my favorite...the room was clean,the staff is vey friendly so we had a great time in this hotel and we will return for the next year for sure so see you very soon!!!if you have any question about our experience this is my e-mail:lissa_wbb@hotmail.com

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Lissa,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.
It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we will surely congratulate them for their terrific job.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

enjoied my stay, food was great especially in the mediterranean restaurant! beef carpaccio was probably my favourite! hotel was nice and clean, staff were friendly. i would definately go back to this resort but make sure i stay in the "grand" section....totally worth the upgrade. only downfall, not enough beach chairs and the beaches arent the best...very short and rocky...i travelled there in Feb-March of 2009

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MamaDaddynBabyCat

Dear Guest,

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. It makes us happy to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities and personalized service we offer.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We just arrived from Cancun after seven days and I wanted to advise that the Hotel is beautiful and huge! There are amenities for all ages from singles to families. However, and this is not a criticism of the hotel, during the spring break this would not be a place to stay. The Hotel is filled to capacity with young adults dutifully enjoying themselves and there is nothing wrong with that as it is a rite of passage- we forget sometimes that we all were that age once.

Given that we were travelling with three pre teens we approached one of the Managers, a Mr. Robin Perez, who was nothing short of AMAZING and professional. We had indicated our concerns and he did everything possible to make sure we were taken care of and the next day we were sent to a sister hotel the Grand Oasis Palm, which I have been to before which is also excellent and we were met there by Gerardo Duran the Front Desk Manager who I have dealt with before and he, as, usual exemplified professionalism. He dealt with myself and my family as if we were his own family catering to any and all of our concerns. Both Mr. Perez and Mr. Duran deserve praise and accolades from the owners of the Oasis as they are an example of how all the staff at other hotels should aspire to be. Oasis hotels should do whatever they can to keep such professional people at their front line.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

To all who want to stay here, please don't. I will start off by saying that I work very high up in the hospitality department and I am the most forgiving when it comes to anything dealing with that area. I booked this vacation because it was suppose to be a nice getaway before my boyfriend had to go through surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Our idea of this vacation did not have high standards by any means. We just wanted to go and relax, drink some margaritas, and eat somewhat decent food. Now I know when you stay on the resorts, the food quality is not always the best, therefore, my expectations were very low. I read a lot of the reviews, and even being in the hospitality department, I thought people were being way too picky. When we arrived, we arrived around 4pm. The check-in process actually went pretty smooth compared to others experiences I have read about. We did stay on the Grand - Oasis package so I do not know if that had anything to do with it. When we were checking in however, a couple next to us was complaining that their stool was overflowing onto their bathroom. They were adamant in their complaint about having to wait on maintenance for over 2 hours to even address the issue. I chose to ignore it, and understand that these things happen. After checking in and going to the room, the room was actually very nice. I personally liked all the white, it felt calming to relax in after a long day on the beach. At this point we are starving! There were about 17 restaurants and whatnot available on this property, and I mean NOTHING was available. After flying all day and having to go through customs, food is on everyone's mind. We finally found a little place that was the only thing open and of course everyone had the same idea. It took us, and I am not exaggerating, 1.5 hours to receive a pizza. After eating the pizza it was about 7pm and we were more than exhausted. We tried to walk around and get a feel for the property and it seemed our vacation would get better. We decided to call it a day and that hopefully the next day we would wake up refreshed and with a new mindset. Woke up the next day and realized the weather was very nice and that we would walk around some more, and get some breakfast. I do not even want to go into detail about the food, all I will say is that it is DISGUSTING. Absolutely terrible. My stomach will adjust to any different foods, I do not have a picky appetite. This food on the other hand was more than terrible. The milk and all of the juices at every place in the morning was warm. I didn't even feel comfortable drinking anything else besides water from a bottle or alcohol this entire trip. The only good restaurant I will tell you is the Brazilian steakhouse. I wish we would have eaten there every night to at least hold us over. If you do not book the Grand package, you are going to seriously regret it. Everywhere else for lunch always decided to close and all the employees kept saying they were suppose to be open. No one ever did anything about it.
The "scene" of this resort is mostly families, or drunken teens. Which is very odd considering their pools are right next to each other. Don't get me wrong, I love to party and so does my boyfriend, but this place was just odd. I do even understand how half of the people were drunk here with all the watered down mix drinks.
I will mention too that we met some other people from the US and they agreed on everything we had negative to say about this place. I was even trying to meet this resort half way and understand that it is a different country and we have different standards. Maybe them being under paid has a lot to do with this resort.
I feel bad bashing the customer service on this resort as well, but after hearing what the other resorts are like, I do not feel as bad. The customer service on the resort was god awful. I do not know which is worse, the food or the service. We decided to leave the resort on the 3rd day to hopefully get our vacation back up to enjoyment. And leaving the resort every day after the 2nd day is what made our vacation somewhat enjoyable. We went to CoCo Bongo, which will be a different review, and I recommend EVERYONE to do this. We paid the gold package which was expensive, but more than worth it. We also did the tour of the jungle. We went ziplining, side by side riding, and waterfall swimming all in one trip. I wish I could remember the name of this excursion. It was the BEST thing ever. The guys were amazing and you could tell they loved their job. The best food we ate in Mexico was on this excursion. Please do this no matter where you stay.
I really do not like putting things like this out for the audience to read because sometimes it is frustrating since I do work in a hotel. I will tell you though, I am trying to help you book the right hotel and I am even being nice in this review. I don't even want to do onto other things with this resort because I truly do feel bad.
You do need to realize though that these bad reviews are up here for a reason. I wish I would have listened to these reviews rather than thinking they are too picky and snobby. They are more true than I ever imagined. PLEASE do not stay here no matter if it is cheaper or not. Stay somewhere else. This place needs a sweep of management and definitely needs renovated. I cant even believe this place is still open.
I tried to warn you and if you do choose this place, at least stay under the Grand package.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SammieJune
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Alex,

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience.

We will be paying special attention to the maintenance of our facilities since our guest’s safety and security is one of our main goals.

Furthermore, we would like to let you know we are very committed with our guests, and the staff is dedicated to understand, reach and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for enlisting some points that we are going to enforce in order to improve the service, your comfort and satisfaction are the most important for us.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we caused and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again.

Best Regards.