Firstly, if you scroll down to Sunch72's review, you may see that some people have had a negative experience with this hotel (mellow-dramatic or not).
I would like to say that this was the first hotel I stayed in and it was fantastic. I absolutely don't agree with everyone looking for tips. That's a lie.
The staff that I met (and I met a lot) were excellent. They were very helpful, particularly the people who cleaned he rooms. Maybe people should actually 'engage' with the staff i.e. talk to them and not just look at them as someone who cleans your room or cooks the food...
The restaurants were great and varied. I tended to stick to the buffet type restaurants but the made to order (or a la carte if you will) were also good.
The grounds (pool etc) are staggeringly beautiful. You must get an ocean view because the view is phenomenal. The beach is also fantastic and one of the biggest on the strip.
I went all inclusive and I can tell you that it is good value for money, particularly if you look at other hotels like the Krystal Cancun, where you have to pay an arm and a leg for mediocre food on top of the price of the room. The little bars here are fantastic. I was constantly having a laugh with the bar guys and they would serve me up such dangerous cocktails. It was really quite fun.
The gym is pretty good. There is not that much equipment but hey, not that many people go to the gym on holiday! They did serve fruit juice and fresh fruit for people in the gym as well.
I don't think this is a family hotel though to be honest. There was a lot of partying (which was what I was there for) however this seemed to be concentrated on the left side of the resort (where the nightclub is).
Also, if you are going to go all inclusive, it's best to go with Grand Oasis and not Oasis palm or any of the others. In the other hotels you get wristbands which allow you access to some places in the Grand Oasis (because the Grand Oasis has more restaurants and bars than the partner hotels) but it is pretty limited in terms of the bars and restaurants you can go. If you get all inclusive at the Grand Oasis, you get access to everything in the resort including the VIP which is nice.
The only negatives i can think of were: Sky high prices for internet.
Also the palapas on the beach are $25 a day, which is ridiculous because other resorts offer them for free.
All in all though, I had a fantastic time at this hotel and met some great people who worked there. I would certainly go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico