Just got back from Grand Oasis Cancun. It pretty much fit my expectations after reading the reviews here. We were going there to for a party atmosphere not a relaxing high quality vacation, so it was great for us. But if you're looking for a high quality food and service and a quite place, definitely go somewhere else.
The last couple of days of our stay coincided with the beginning of spring break, so the partying got even better, and the service got a little worse.
- Great place for partying since it's famous for it, lots of young people, loud music playing at one of the pools, so the party atmosphere is great. It's a big hotel, so lots of people to meet and party with.
- Big hotel = lots of options. There are many quite areas if you want to relax away from the noise. Also lots of food options. It's generally a beautiful hotel.
- Food quality was OK. Even at the Grand Oasis-only restaurants, it was not as good as you'd expect from a 4.5 star hotel
- General service: they were nice, but not 4.5 star nice. It was hit and miss with service quality at the bars and restaurants. They were nice, but sometimes took too long to service even when it wasn't busy
- The room service was very hard to get a hold of at busy times, which is when you usually need it the most! (we would come back from the club at 3-4am with no food options open at the hotel, and we could not get a hold of room service!) and they also started asking for a charge after the spring break crowd came in even for us Grand Oasis people
- Some random annoyances like you having to personally go and find the mini-bar people and ask them to fill it up. Couldn't do it on the phone, and they normally wouldn't do it as part of general cleaning of the rooms. The bath tubs were a bit rusted and didn’t look good/clean. Towels sometimes didn't get changed and we had to call for it (they'd change it quickly tho after we called). Sometimes didn't have clean beach towels available. Very hard to find beach beds (we didn't care, we'd lay on the beach towels). Stuff like that. But nothing major.
If you are looking for a party atmosphere and are willing to sacrifice a bit on the quality of food and service (and sleep sometimes!) definitely recommend this hotel. If not, then try other places.
- Definitely get the Grand Oasis if you can. Even though you're staying at the same rooms as the normal Oasis (unless you're in the pyramid), the access to the Grand bars and restaurants are worth it.
- The building on the left side of the hotel close to the beach is the best for partying since it's right by the party pool, and it's always happening there (and noisy).
- Don't be too picky in general! This is Mexico, and the quality of everything is generally a bit lower than where you live most likely. People living there seem to be relaxed there and having a good time regardless of some of the hard things in their lives... great attitude to follow! "Don't worry! Be Happy" ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico