My friends and I recently went to a destination wedding in Cancun at the Le Blanc Resort (fantastic 5 star resort!!). Due to hurricane Sandy our flight was cancelled and we were stuck in Cancun for an additional 3 nights. Eight of us switched resorts because although Le Blanc Resort is probably the best resort in Cancun, it is pricey at about $600/night. We decided to go to the Grand Oasis in Cancun. It was a huge mistake!!!!
Although the Grand Oasis was less expensive at about $190/couple/night it was one of the WORST experiences we have ever had on any vacation(we travel frequently).
The front desk staff was not only incompetent but also rude and nasty with most of the guests. The check in process took about 1.5 hours. Unacceptable!!!! There were other guests arguing with the staff to the point that the police were called to try to resolve the situation.
The room was disgusting!!! The toilet was leaking. There was a terrible moldy smell in the room. There were 2 large roaches walking on the bathroom floor. The sheets were dirty. The staff was uncooperative and rude when we asked to switch rooms.
The food was also terrible! Would not even serve some of the food they gave us to starving pigs in a trough. It's an absolute disgrace to have a resort like this in such a beautiful coast line like Cancun.
Some of us left the resort. My friend check out after 3 hours.
If you like to stay at resorts that are clean, roach free, have a competent and friendly staff, good food and good service, DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND OASIS. It is guaranteed to ruin your vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico