Grand Oasis Cancun
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$427
$508
$474
11,216 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
Reviewed October 12, 2012

A very nice, all inclusive resort. The room was ok at most, but the activities, food and an amazing beach compensated immensely! Overall, a good value for money hotel. Unfortunately the hotel fails tremendously in everything to do with the Internet service. The wifi isn't free anywhere in the hotel and can only be payed for via credit card- rediculous!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Tomer T
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is not fancy. It is not quiet or a family vaction. If that's what you're looking for, you're looking at the wrong hotel. We had a lot of fun here but everyone here is in their early 20's and ready to party. The drinks were cheap and watered down. The food at this resort was not good. I would probably enjoy it more if I was drunk all the time which makes sense seeing that everyone at the resort is drunk all the time. There were people passed out drunk in the hallways to the rooms. The front desk service was terrible!!! Took them forever to do anything. They did not clean the rooms very well. I had sand on my bed and it was still there after they cleaned it. If you don't tip, you will get no help. The resort area is shared with the Grande Oasis but they had extra restaurants they could go to but we couldn't. I will not return to this hotel. It was basically like a frat house

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank QueenS91
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Overall I think the grand oasis was a very nice resort for the cost. Would highly recommend getting the black bracelet if you plan on drinking! Top shelf liquors were available with it. Really enjoyed the V.I.P. lounge. The bartenders were very friendly and was not stingy with the alcohol. Entertainment was great at the lounge. Had a few problems with our room and Robin worked with us to make us happy. We really appreciated all of his help! The view from the room were fantastic. Our only complaint was the bathtub in our room did not drain well at all, but we was not going to let something so petty spoil our trip. Our favorite bartender was Silvia!! Wow, she was wonderful. She is just an all around great person and really believe the the Grand Oasis is lucky to have such a kind, caring, compassionate person employed fot their organization! We enjoyed our stay at this resort so much that we plan on returning in the near future!

Room Tip: Stay at the Grand Oasis, main building. A little noisy, but it's vacation!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this resort and almost gave 4 stars, but it's just not as good as some resorts. We visited at a good time of year, as there were no crowds and no lines except for checking in and checking out. Don't expect to check in before 3;00 if you arrive early. However, they did hold our bags securely and gave us our wristbands, enabling us to eat lunch while waiting to check in. Some of the bars and restaurants were closed because it's a low season, but there were plenty that were open. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night & were eaten up with mosquitoes. Lunch there was fine, however. The Mexican restaurant, Serape, was excellent, and we got great service. The Japanese restaurant has much more than sushi, so be sure to try it. Plan to take dressy clothing if you want to eat at Careyes. It was easy to make reservations at the non-buffet restaurants. The food at the buffets was very good, with lots of choices that changed daily. Market Place was the best buffet, open only for breakfast and dinner. Service there was always excellent. If you have a black wristband you can go into any of the restaurants and bars. Others are restricted from some of them unless you pay extra. The pool is in 3 sections. For mature folks like my group, we stayed away from the section where all the young party folks gathered. There is a $5/day fee to get a lock for your room safe. Wireless internet service is excellent in the rooms, but it is $5/hr. or $30 for 5 full days. Early check-out to settle your bill is available the night before leaving. I wouldn't recommend it, as you still have to wait in line the day you check out. I also paid for my room safe the night before I checked out, and they tried to charge me again at check out. Luckily I had my receipt that was stamped paid. The lobby with a rain forest in the main building is beautiful, and shows were held there almost every night at 8:00 PM. The show with the contortionist was well worth seeing and was our favorite. Other little skits were done throughout the day in various locations, some were hilarious. There's no schedule posted for this; you just have to be lucky with your timing to see one of them. As far as the rooms, they were spotless, the pillow top beds were comfortable, and the TVs worked fine. A/C was very good. There is a small refrigerator in each room; drinks and water were replaced daily as they were used. Minor things didn't work. I had one light that had a burned out bulb, and they did not replace it even though I requested it twice. Some of the drains are slow. The buttons on my phone to call the front desk or get messages didn't work, but dialing zero got me what I needed. These are minor inconveniences. The staff is continually cleaning everything, so it's a very clean resort, including the pool. Service at the bars was excellent, and they will make any drink requested, but you may have to tell them what goes into it. You may not get the right proportions, but they try their best. The swim-up pool bar was lots of fun and we met some nice folks there. My sisters and I did yoga several times. It's offered every morning. They also have tai chi and pilates, on alternating days if I remember correctly. Other activities include water aerobics and a few other things. They have a small gym, on a lower level near the beach, next to the seafood restaurant. Some of the cardio equipment did not work, but they also have dumbbells and a few weight machines. The resort has a long section of beach, the most beautiful I have ever seen. Gorgeous aqua color and big waves, nice sand, all very clean. All rooms have either a beach view (upgrade) or a lagoon view, and all have a balcony with chairs. All in all, I would give this resort 3 1/2 stars. Oh, if you want to do any tours, get on the bus for less than $1 USD and go into town to book your trips, as you will save money. Buses are clean and safe. You can also negotiate prices in town, both for trips and for merchandise. Though an all-inclusive resort is supposed to include tips, we tipped every place we went, all restaurants and bars, and a tip for the housekeeping service. Our standard tip was $1 USD or 10 pesos for each drink or meal. Everyone remembered us and gave us extra good service as a result.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank TaxLady30188
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Me and my friend went to Grand Oasis in the end of September the resort wasn't crowded at all, the food simply amazing, staff extremely friendly (even tho we purchase all inclusive trip we always left some tips to show our appreciation). Maybe the rooms would need a little upgrade but who cares if you going for vacation you're not planning to sit in the room all day. Overall we had very good experience and would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends