Traveled Feb. 23-28. This was our first time in Cancun and 2nd all-inclusive vacation. We found that you could make this resort a very good time if you work at it a little. Here are our tips:
The "Grand" (or black bracelet) is a must, so that you have full restaurant options. We enjoyed the Brazilian steakhouse, the Spanish tapas, Cocoa over the beach for seafood lunch (loved the fish ceviche and not the shrimp cocktail), and the sushi bar for a later night snack (but we made sure to order only cooked fish). Dos Lunas was also o.k., the spinach stuffed chicken was great!
We were not impressed with the buffet, or the bartenders, and did not find any traditional Mexican food to enjoy (except some guacamole from room service). We found the bartenders best at serving beer, or simple mixed drinks like a whiskey and coke. The margaritas we had were not good, nor the martinis, or other "tropical" drinks we expected to have. Dos Equis is the only beer, other than Sol cans in the mini bar.
Their were mostly only hamburgers and popcorn carts for snacks, and dinner didn't start until 6:30. We were very disappointed with the limited restaurant and bar hours. There were several times I wanted a snack or a drink and nothing close by was "open". swim up bars close WAY too early.
The grounds were beautiful and kept up very well. Our room was clean, and bathroom felt nice. We were in the main building. Not fancy, but quite acceptable.
The beach was very beautiful and large with plenty of lounge chairs and beds if you get to the beach between 7-9am. Be careful because people will steal your towels or move them. The water was rough, but we enjoyed swimming in the waves and floating in the surf!
Entertainment was good, if you can find the schedule, which was not easy for us. The latin/caribbean show in the up&down disco was Awesome, like a front row on Dancing with the Stars! The fire show in the main lobby was also pretty cool. We missed the foam party in the disco, but heard it smelled of puke and urine. Coyote Loco had a GREAT band for 70's and 80's covers, then switched to DJ playing pop and dance hits. There is a table for guests to dance on and girls dancing on the bar (for tips).
Our travel company was Olympus tours, and they really try to sell you excursions, you can get the same trips by the pool for the same prices. I pre-booked an excursion for "10% off" when we bought through Cheap Caribbean, and it was not discounted but the same price. Wait until you get there and then choose the best excursions for you when you know what you want.
Service was not great. You could get what you needed, but the resort staff was not going out of their way to help you.
Most people at this resort were in their late teens or early twenties it seemed, with some families, and some couples. Lots of singles, packs of guys. Not uncommon to see someone passed out or puking. But we loved the beach, enjoyed the entertainment, found some really good food, and took fun excursions to go zip-lining, see Mayan ruins, and swim in cenotes. it's a big resort with lots of choices if you take the time to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico