I want to start out, by reminding everyone, that only a Higher power has the ability to control the wind and wave action on the beach. The hotel cannot be held responsible!
The Beach is amazing. period.
The other common Complaint i see alot here is the rooms Smell damp/musty...remember, this isnt the midwest, the humidity is very high, and its very warm here...kinda goes with the territory...having said that....
The Hotel Grounds are immaculate, very clean and very well kept. The Staff is amazing and very helpful and friendly. I found the food Great; it was well prepared, tasty, and with a huge variety; i never went hungry.
The Pools were kept clean and maintained, every day i watched them test the water and the pool cleaning was ongoing.
there is a Gym on site over looking the beach, again, very clean and a great view to top it off. and a bonus : there is WIFI Coverage over most of the grounds and pool areas, with a good strong signal. TIP: buy the 20 dollar 7 day Wifi pass, its good for a full 24 hours of internet over your stay, just remember to log off your device. It kept my blackberry and myself in touch.
There are three distinct pools, the northern most pool is the activity pool and the younger crowd seems to congregate there, friendly fun but a bit loud for some im sure, if you want something quieter, the other two pools south on the resort will probably be more to your liking.
Most of the bars on the Resort close around midnite, which really isnt a problem, if you want to continue the party, there is a night club (Up and Down Nightclub) located between the Grand oasis and the Omni Resort at the front of the property.
Ive stayed at many different all inclusive resorts, on both sides of the country, this one rated way up there and above, and i really had to dig hard to find anything to complain about.
This hotel has two resorts on the same property, with almost no distinction between them; if you have the black or gold bracelet, you are staying in the Grand Oasis, and have full run of the whole property, and access to the Vip Bars and lounges/restaurants, if you have the other colored bracelets, you are staying in the Oasis Cancun and are limited as to which places you can eat, and which bars you can drink in (no brand name liqours) and you also do not have access to the mini bar for free, i did some enquiries and it costs 28 dollars american per person per day to upgrade to the Black Bracelet.
As i said earlier, i had a hard time finding anything to complain about, and about the only thing i can say, is the bathrooms in the rooms do need a renovation /upgrade, they are fully functional, but outdated, our shower head was frozen in one spot, but still functional, but seemed to be a common issue with other guests, the beds were firm and comfortable and the room was CLEAN, but again could use a renovation, but totally liveable.
I would not hesitate to come back here again. it wasnt crowded (although i would never travel during spring break) and i had a great vacation all around. Please, dont forget to Tip your Servers and bartenders, they work hard to make your experience memorable (and sometimes go above and beyond tolerating rude drunk guests)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico