“Wanna go back! :)”
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Grand Oasis Cancun
Ranked #92 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We booked Grand Oasis. Black wrist bands are the best, haha. We had a great time! Food was good/great! No long waits.Staff was friendly and very helpful! Pools and beach were beautiful! We upgraded to a suite, which was great also! Bed was sooo comfortable! Easy public transportation, nice shopping areas.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
DIRGOC, Manager at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2011

It will be a pleasure for us to have you here back, thanks for your comments.
MANAGMENT

Write a ReviewReviews (7,351)

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Been to Cancun about a dozen times… This Hotel was the absolute worst! The All Inclusive is a JOKE… The service was horrible. The Bars are ridiculous, they close bars at random times, the pool Bartender wouldn’t serve me because I was not in the pool? I was standing right next to the bar, he said “this is a pool bar, I need to help pool customers first.” Funny thing though, there was no one waiting for a drink….The Outside Bar had a line like Great Adventure… One guy making drinks….I guess no waitress service…Not once did anyone come up to me and ask me if I wanted a drink. The food at the outside Bar… Well done Hamburgers and Fries… this too was like waiting for an amusement park ride.. One guy just way over cooking everything…. My kids did not like Burnt Hard Burgers. I asked the guy twice to take my burger off the grill earlier, but no can do… He was cooking 20-30 at a time. The Oasis, and Grand Oasis are on the same grounds, but if you pay for the Grand Oasis, you get a Black Bracelet, if you stay at the plain old Oasis, well then you’re a second class citizen, which we found out on the first day. Special Beach, Bars, Restaurants, and ammeneties for BLACK Bracelet wearers only… The rooms are so run down, and smell like mildew. They should take a bulldozer to this place and start over. You want a great hotel… Stay at the Cancun Palace, been there twice and planning on returning soon.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
5  Thank Flvrs31

We thank you for your comments, your backfeed is very important to us, so we can improve our service, we apologize because your experience wasnt good, we will work harder to try to acomplish all guest expectations,
MANAGMENT

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Me and two friends stayed here in late march for our spring break and are planning on returning next year. I originally booked when it was Be Live and was wondering if my reservation was even legit before we arrived. However, as soon as we got to the hotel the front desk staff had my reservation changed over to Oasis and even upgraded us to an Oceanfront Room at no charge!!! The room was good, but not awesome, however, the view made up for it. The restaurants are good especially the Italian restaurant, however, stay away from the buffet. As for the cleanliness it is outstanding. You can definitely tell they want the place to look nice. The service is also outstanding, they want you to have a terrific vacation and will make sure you come back. I can also tell you they take security very seriously! One night we were coming back from a night of clubbing and saw the doorman refuse entrance to a lady because she didn't have the right wristband. As for the bars, nothing can beat free. If you want a STRONG drink from a great bartender go to Jamie he will take care of you. This man would have another round of drinks ready for us before we finished the first. I can tell you I was extremely worried the hotel would not be great when I booked it but only did because of the price, however, I can't wait to go back.

Lastly the value is outstanding!! We booked 4 nights, 5 days for $460 for 3 people during Spring Break!!! $115 per person for 5 days, all food and drinks included is amazing!!!! Not to mention a free upgrade to an Ocean Front view!!! Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank alexmbrom
Reviewed May 2, 2011

just returned from my vacation at Grand Oasis Cancun on May 1, 2011 and I would like you to know how dissatisfied I was with my stay at your hotel. I had two rooms booked for 5 people.

On Friday April 29th, my daughter became trapped in the bathroom at room 5345-the door would not open at all. After we called front desk to report the situation a maintenance man came to our door approximately 10 minutes after the initial call. He worked on the door for about 20 minutes without being able to move it at all. He called for assistance and 2 more maintenance men showed up to assist him. After 45 minutes they were finally able to let my daughter out of the bathroom. Needless to say she was not very happy after this. My husband went to the front desk to get the room changed and after 20 minutes talking to the front desk person they reluctantly moved our room to 5205. So, now we had to pack up and move everything wasting away a good part of our day.

On Saturday April 30th at approximately 9:00 pm, my daughter was going to bed for the night when she noticed a infestation of ants in her bed. After contacted front desk, a cleaning lady had come up to the room and did not understand what the problem was. My daughter and father in law whom was also staying in the hotel explained the problem. The cleaning lady striped the beds, sprayed the beds and floor with toxic bug spray and remade the beds. Leaving us to sleep in a room that smelled of very strong bug killer and beds that smelled of bug spray, too. Not once did anyone offer us any compensation for this. Just left us to sleep in this room that was infested with ants.

Also, every morning between 1:00am and 3:00am the noise in the hallways from other guest returning from a long night of drinking was out of control. We did goto the front desk on Friday, April 29th and complained about it and they assured us it would not happen again because they would place a security guard in the hallway. This did not happen, so the noise continued every morning between these hours. This is very unacceptable to me and most guest we spoke to that were also staying in the resort.

I would never attempt to stay at the Grand Oasis Cancun or any other Oasis Hotel after this horrible experience. I have traveled to Cancun over 10 times in the past 8 years and never experienced anything like this.

5  Thank cowpigs

We would like to apologize because the inconvenience you had at our hotel, we work hard to try to acomplish the expectations of all our guest, we are deeply commited to provide the best services possible, to have happy costumers, we once again apologize. Greetings
DIRECCION

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Staff was courteous, the food was EXCELLENT, the room was nice and clean and weather was perfect !!!!
the city is great, loved the shopping area and the fancy malls.
If you are looking for Talavera pottery, that is the place.
A+ !!!!

1  Thank miroanda
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Everything about the Grand oasis was nice. Very clean and friendly staff. I was very surprised! I have been to Mexico many times and it's always the communication with the staff that is the only problem. But if that the only problem I had I really didn't have any. Food was not great but good. The wait at the restaurants was usually only 15 mins or so. The buffets were always well stocked and hot. As far as the pools go beautiful. Very clean place!!

I would go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Beautiful setting. Very nice beach with wonderful vistas. Room was a little small and showed some signs of wear. Service everywhere was outstanding...the staff was very professional and took pride in their work. Can't say enough about bartenders Sylvia, Oswaldo & Rigoberto; or about our waiters Paulino & Nery - all were oustanding. The Careyes Restaurant was elegant and exceeded our expectations. Kudos also go to the Sarape Restaurant - we were led to believe it was a buffet, but it actually served fine Mexican fare. We had lunch at Cocoa on our last day, and we can't say enogh. The on-beach location, the fod and drinksagain, were outstanding. The buffets were also well-stocked with a variety of tasty offerings. One negative: sometimes (in the pool and late at nite at the discotheque) it was just too, damn loud! In that sense theywent way out of their way to appeast the teenagers and young adults. One tip: bring a stack of $1 bills - a small tip from tourists seems to greatly appreciated - and the workers remember you and provide even better service.

3  Thank tro53