“Great Location!! Best beach in Cancun!!”

Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites
Ranked #60 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed January 16, 2010

It was our first visit to Cancun, and Ambiance Villas provided an excellent experience! The location is perfect, withing walking distance of shopping malls, restaurants and all the night clubs! We had absolutely no problems during our stay. If you need any toiletries, I do recommend going to the small convenience store down the street. Everything at the 'boutique store' in the lobby is very expensive (we paid six dollars for baby powder!)
The beach is very well maintained, the water is very calm and perfect for non-swimmers like myself! The sand is incredibly soft, almost powder like! The water is crystal blue, and shallow (20ft into the water, and it was waist deep.) Beach chairs were always available, did not have to reserve them or go down to the beach extremely early just to get a pair of chairs!
The food at both restaurants is okay. Nothing to rave about, but you get what you pay for. Mixed drinks are very diluted, so if you like beer stick with beer. My fiance and I are fans of spicy salsas and the habanero salsa they have at the restaurants really hit the spot!
We only had our room cleaned once during our stay, but that was at our request. The housekeeper did provide clean towels everyday though.
This place is not a fancy, upscale hotel. But the beach more than compensates everything else it lacks. Overall I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a nice, quiet stay, with a beautiful beach! My fiance and I plan to spend our honeymoon there!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LexyPonce

Reviewed January 16, 2010

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out Ambiance Villas was a enjoyable experience. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and enjoy a beautiful beach then this is the place.

The beach is clean, quiet and safe. The sand is powder soft and there are plenty of lounges.
There is a spa on site but I did not use the facilities.
The rooms were large and clean. The beds were good and linens clean. The shower was hot and the towels were large and of good quality. There was a nice kitchen and we could cook our own meals. The sofa is a bit dated but it was clean .

There is a market about a half a mile or less to the north which you can walk to with out worry. There is plenty of staff if you need anything and while many do not speak a lot of english they will try their best to answer your questions. There is also a good restaurant on site. Our room came with breakfast included and it was more than breakfast it was a brunch. They had either a chicken , pork or beef entree with veggies each morning. You could also have eggs made to order and fresh fruit, juices and cereals.

There are also restaurants close by which are in walking distance. As you leave the parking lot turn left go about 5 to six blocks there is a small place called the Seahorse. We had an incrediable fish dinner there and the Fajitas were very good as well. It is across from the Rui Hotel. It is not easy to spot because it is squeezed between a market and Tshirt store. Well worth the effort to find. Ask for Ricardo!

The only comments I have to the management there is to arrange to have airport transportation as an option. We made the mistake of thinking we could catch a shuttle bus at the airport this was not as easy as we thought. We opted for a cab and that cost about $35 USD. The mangement could also provide a list of simple phrases in spanish and english to assist travelers to communicate a bit better with the staff as well as local phone numbers such as the Cancun shuttle or Best Day (a company that can arrange tours and shuttle services). Also the bus system is pretty easy once you master the peso .

I would definitely return to Ambiance Villas!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cque2912
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Great getaway for our family. Great location (on the upper part of the "7" where the beach is nice and powdery and not rocky like other areas). We didn't want to pay for or stay at a palatial resort; we also didn't want an all-inclusive. Ambiance is just far enough away from the nightclubs and bars to offer a peaceful stay, but close enough to walk to restaurants and shops. The breakfast buffet was awesome. Staff is very attentive to your needs.

The only negatives were the pool (not heated, so it was cold during our early January visit) and plumbing for the rooms (noisy water drainage from toilet...no water leakage, just temporary noises when toilet was flushed).

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Ambiance Villas from Christmas Day until New Years Day. We had a 1 bedroom suite. Really appreciated the extra space. We had the breakfast buffet included in our room rate. The breakfast was very good. It varied a little each day but there was always fresh fruit, yoghurt, and granola. There were made to order omelets and eggs.
The rooms were cleaned each day early in the morning. The pool was not large but nice. Plenty of loungers. The beach was great, beautiful sand and calm water.
We ate in the restaurant twice. The coconut shrimp was delicious. Prices were good.
The service was slow both times.
We danced on the beach at midnight New Years Eve. They bartenders brought champagne out for all of us. Had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nurseteresa
Reviewed January 9, 2010

This was my fourth trip to Cancun. I have stayed at the Ambiance Villas previously. This trip was different. The first thing the desk clerk said to me and my two 26 year old friends was that this was a family hotel (in an insulting way).

My main problem with this hotel - every single person that works there is constantly trying to rip you off.
1. they gave an exchange rate (Pesos to $) of 11.4, which is fine except the rate was 14.6 to one. Okay, maybe i should not have been so ignorant.
2. There is not a single person that works there that is friendly or helpful.
3. Our room faced a highway and parking lot.
4. To get an ocean view was an additional $30 per night, even though they had those rooms available
5. We had no hot water for two days.
6. The toilet did not flush, ever.
7. The TV volume did not work
8. The beds were rock hard and short.
9. without a tip, you get NOTHING
10. Maids steal whatever they can
11. Sheets were never changed - they had Guacamole on them, but we never had guac in the room.
12. The floor was never swept.
13. We were charged $25 for a friend entering the premesis.
14. The red head that work there is the least friendly person I have ever met

For the good (a slightly shorter list).
1. as i said before, I have stayed at ambiance before because of the beach and the location - short walk to the night life.
2. they have a volleyball net
3. the people that stay there are friendly - mostly families

Overall the hotel left a sour taste in my mouth. If I managed this hotel, I would be ashamed of myself because it has so much potental. However, after this (My fourth trip to Cancun) I have concluded that if I ever return, I will go for 4 days instead of 6 and stay in a nice, classy, big, clean, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2010

OK, if you are looking for a big flashy hotel with all of the amenities this place is probably not for you.
The Ambiance is an older property that is made up of condos and hotel rooms. My husband and I needed a place to spend a few extra days in Cancun after our week was up at our time share. The price of this place couldn’t be beat; it also includes a nice breakfast with made to order eggs and lots of side dishes so that saves a lot of money too.
The rooms are basic, but clean, no refrigerator but there is a safe. The tub had been calked like a thousand times and one towel per person, but the bed was comfy and air con worked great! No view, we looked out onto the lawn mowers! But we didn’t spend much time in there, so it was fine.
The beach is great! Nice chairs and the walk is close, it isn’t rocky at all, you can really get in the water and relax.
The property has a nice restaurant and bar that is right on the beach. The waiters come out to your beach chair and take orders! The food was yummy, we had lunch one day and dinner one night, the shrimp dinner was really very good, and the service was nice too. The bartender makes a fab Mai Tai and daiquiri’s.
The location is OK, the bar’s/clubs are a long walk but doable. We found a nice Italian restaurant Casa Rolandi in the Plaza Caracol mall it was a pretty short walk away. The bus stop is right outside the property and it will take you to anywhere in the hotel area for 7 peso’s.
All in all I would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I'm not going to bore you with the same info that everyone else raves about. My wife and twin 5 y.o had a top floor 1bdrm (2406) (remember no elevators) and had a 2 part wrap-around balcony facing the sea. Awesome. Got the free breakfast. Perfect except no sausage or bacon for the kids. Food at A.V. Never ate there. It was are 10 year anniv and we were set to explore. Best beach, almost compares to shoal bay in Anquilla. Swingset with slide next to pool which has a wading area for kids. Everyone was awesome, epecially Alex bringing drinks to the beach. Side trips only to Isla Mujeras only to buy some silver and east at playa lancheros. Best grilled fish you can buy (whole fish grilled $8 usa). Took bus to walmart to load up on groceries since we had a stocked kitchen. Dont listen to what people tell you, everying is in spanish. Corono, $12usa for a case. Take a taxi home. $9 usa. As far as restaurants best meal as Lorenziios (spelling) for Lobster on our anniv. My wife had the 20oz TAIL), and could barely finish it. If you have young kids, ask them to put you next to the alligator. Also went to La Parilla (http://www.laparrilla.com.mx/index_en.shtml). They have a special kids room where theres only one way out and you can ask for a table near the room. Food was cheap and good mexican specialties. Also La Dolce Vita for great italian.
Plan to return next year if I can wait that long, even though the wife wants to explore antigua. In my mind, having been all over the carribean, Cancun is close to the USA, and has a lot to offer. One last thing. I have always stayed on the carribean side of cancun (the water is rougher and a little more blue) and I swore I would never stay on the gulf side (A.V Blue water, no waves) because I though it looked "ugly" Taking a chance on Trip Advisor, I was blown away by the water and the beach at Ambiance villas. It was truly breathtaking. Any ? email me brianheatherben@comcast.net.

Brian - Maryland