“Beautiful beach!”

Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites
Ranked #62 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean. The beachside rooms had a great view. The beach chairs and umbrellas were plentiful. There was a large pool, but with the gorgeous beach we didn't use it. The desk clerks were helpful. The restaurant was right on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBalk
There are newer reviews for Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Kin Ha complex is very nice and intimate refer to the other hotels at this area.
The staff is very professional and nice. the beach is perfect and the restaurand on the beach is great (I recommend to all to come and try it - even if you don't stay there).

All in all, the main issue for my review is the rooms and the facility inside of it. all of them are very old and out-of-age.
beds are not comfortable, safe box is from the 70's, and the most terrible was the shower and bathroom - they were stink like sewage, and the shower was small with not enough water pressure.

about the price - refer to the hotels around, it's cheaper, so probably some of the stuff I wrote will get answered by - "you get what you paid for". well, I think it was too much, below the common threshold you expect from a decent hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shlomi S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our entire family stayed here for a week. It was great! Friendly staff and clean rooms. We booked trips to Chichen-Itza and snorkelling right at the hotel. That made it easy. We went snorkelling on a reef. We were taken out on a pontoon boat. It was great!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dale S
Reviewed February 15, 2013

1) The front desk continues to be the weak link. Previous reviews agree. They never ask how your stay was, or ask whether or not the level of service met our expectations.

2) The all-inclusive menu has changed. For example there are only 2 tap beers available.

3) The all-inclusive menu is single-spaced, in Spanish.

Suggestion: Make e beautiful menu with color photos, laminated with ALL the food including non-all-inlcusive food with an UPGRADE price for each meal if an all-inclusive guest wants to order off the real menu. At least upgrade the all-inclusive menu with photos and English.

In general, still a very good place, with clean rooms, grounds. Good security and of course the fantastic beach. Miguel on the beach, serving you! Amazing attitude! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank humbledbyexperience
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Kin Ha. The staff was always courteous and friendly. As stated in previous posts, the rooms are dated, however they are clean and I found the bed to be comfortable. We were on the all inclusive program and enjoyed the food and drinks as Geraldo and the other waiters translated the menu and made great food and drink recommendations. Great place to stay for the thrifty with 3 star expectations. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Philip M
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our room was on the second floor of the block along the busy main road. You guess - traffic noise. Shower slow, well, you are on holiday, right? You have time! The lift? Only for those with a pass number! I make the mistake of not realising this. I was scouring the point 10 font of the information sheet when the lift doors closed on me. I tried the "open touch". Nothing happened. Having finished reading, I realised there were no lift code given on the hotel information sheet. I pressed the alarm touch. Nothing. Again. Persistently. No one answered the intercom. I was trapped. I shouted, banged the door. Still nothing. The lift lights went off. In total darkness I tried whatever touch, at random, but still pressing the alarm/help touch. Then the light came on, no idea why. I tried "open" - it did! I had been trapped for only 15 minutes, it seemed much longer, enough time to get my heart pounding. Someone I met told me that they had to prise the door open to get out. Nice old fashion hotel, nice beach, coffee to avoid. Although sympathetic, the reception desk is likely to do nothing about the lift as it is a Management issue.

Room Tip: Avoid the block by the road or get ear plugs; avoid the lift unless you are certain you have the cod...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pete026
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four nights. It's at a great location- right in front of a bus stop, and about 15 minutes walk to the restaurant area. We had a regular suite (no ocean view and no kitchen). The suite was clean and very roomy. The suite had: coffee maker, safe, fridge, TV and hair dryer. The only complaint I had was the water pressure in the shower. It was not very strong.
We were pleased about the services provided by the front desk. We constantly asked for restaurant suggestion and direction. The guy (Lorenzo) was very friendly and gave out economical restaurant suggestions. We did not get to spend too much time on the beach or in the pool, but the beach was clean. Overall, we think the hotel is great for people who spend most of the day out doing activities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends